• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG Will Run At 30 FPS On All Xbox One Devices, PlayerUnknown Clarifies

I’d be curious to know if it actually can hit 60 (or if this is another case of console CPU bottleneck).

I also remember a lot of talk back in the day regarding devs being afraid to enable hardware advantages in competitive multiplayer games on console

Gold_Loot

or is it a freaking early access alpha?!
Eh, both our consoles have a bottleneck CPU. This game struggles to keep a solid frame rate on higher end PCs so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Next generation will be much better for consoles with much better CPUs and development tools.

JP

Hmm, with them saying that it doesn't sound too promising. Hopefully they will also include a locked 30fps option if its unlocked as standard, 60fps would be nice but its preferable to have a locked frame rate when possible.

petrus91

X isn't a beast after all?
or
Did Microsoft step in to enforce parity

Probably #2.
They already said that XB1X is running 60 fps (I'm betting not stable after all) but XB1 can't quite match the result.
As far as they can turn it, 30vs60 fps is NOT fair AT ALL.
Hope they can reach the 60 in the near future. That's a competitive game, sure they want to keep every main aspect "equal". I can see people are bothered anyway.

Malcolm9

Makes sense if they are keeping parity with the Xbox One & S. X users having a 30 fps extra advantage wouldn't be fair.

cuate

Banned
Makes sense if they are keeping parity with the Xbox One & S. X users having a 30 fps extra advantage wouldn't be fair.

So what? It's like that on pc. People playing the game at 10-15fps pitted against 144fps players. I don't see anyone complaining or asking for forced parity.

Maybe it should run at 1080p too to keep parity with xbox one. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair.

Malcolm9

So what? It's like that on pc. People playing the game at 10-15fps pitted against 144fps players. I don't see anyone complaining or asking for forced parity.

Maybe it should run at 1080p too to keep parity with xbox one. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair.

Why would they split their fanbase? It's a console not a PC if you hadn't worked that out. Considering the majority of their user base own the Xbox One/S they'd be mad to change it.

cuate

Banned
Why would they split their fanbase? It's a console not a PC if you hadn't worked that out. Considering the majority of their user base own the Xbox One/S they'd be mad to change it.

Yes, I can tell. No, it doesn't make a lick of difference. Having the game run at 60fps on a more capable system isn't "splitting" shit.

Malcolm9

Yes, I can tell. No, it doesn't make a lick of difference. They aren't "splitting" shit.

Of course they would be, it would personally do more harm than good pissing off anyone not playing on an X.

It makes a massive "lick of difference".

cuate

Banned
Of course they would be, it would personally do more harm than good pissing off anyone not playing on an X.

It makes a massive "lick of difference".

It's not pissing off anyone is it? I don't see that being an issue. Just like it's not an issue on pc where players run different settings and resolutions.

mikey1123

Examples like this is why I want the PS5 to cut all ties with PS4. I don't need any type of backwards compatibility. The first two Xbones are holding the X back.

Malcolm9

It's not pissing off anyone is it? I don't see that being an issue. Just like it's not an issue on pc where players run different settings and resolutions.

Again, these are consoles not PC's, they are a closed box. If you pay for Xbox Live as a service, why would you be happy that the niche hardcore Xbox One X gets double the fps in multiplayer, it would definitely give an unfair advantage.

If it was made specifically for the X only then it would be a different story.

No, fuck parity. Those of us should that bought a one x should not get held back because other people are unable/unwilling to buy the stronger box. It isn't fair to us.

Wah just waah about it being unfair to regular Xbox players. Like has been stated already, PC gamers play on massively different equipment. Nobody whines about someone has an advantage it's understood if you spend more on better equipment you can have an advantage.

The Xbox being a closed system doesn't change anything about that.

Malcolm9

No, fuck parity. Those of us should that bought a one x should not get held back because other people are unable/unwilling to buy the stronger box. It isn't fair to us.

Wah just waah about it being unfair to regular Xbox players. Like has been stated already, PC gamers play on massively different equipment. Nobody whines about someone has an advantage it's understood if you spend more on better equipment you can have an advantage.

The Xbox being a closed system doesn't change anything about that.

Entitled much?

Malcolm9

Not entitled, Xbox One X owners paid for a stronger console why should we get held back by the original X One?

Because it's still an Xbox One at the end of the day, you can't just forget about your bigger install base, that would be mad.

Think about it, Microsoft have turned the ship around, why would they ruin that to cater for the hardcore niche who bought the X?

McFads1

Neo Member
If you're playing a multiplayer game on consoles you can't be playing at an advantage.

It's just the way it is.

30fps for a game of this scale is impressive tbh

If you're playing a multiplayer game on consoles you can't be playing at an advantage.

It's just the way it is.

30fps for a game of this scale is impressive tbh
From the previous thread on this.

...there's a long list of advantages already, such as people using Elite/Scuf controllers. Not to mention XIM4 users.

Then throw in the people playing on low latency displays, better internet/ping and a decent headset.

I mean, unless you want to pretend the guy sat of his couch in front of his £200 40' Polaroid TV with a standard controller is on a level playing field with the other guy sat close to a 1ms monitor, with a XIM4 or Scuf and a solid stereo headset are on level playing fields.

Top Bottom