• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBLIC HUMILIATION! - Leguna (I Suck At Halo) leaves me with no alternative...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
...but to make this correspondence public, thanks to his threats on the matter.

Oh, and sorry to the folks that spent time making his image tags, since they won't get any use.

(Note: emphasis is mine in both cases)

Hi Tyler, Leguna here. I know you guys have nothing but hate for me and I've become a joke to the mods to mess with, but please hear me out. For the record, Mike Works has never been kind the past few years and has even sent death threats to Catzgirl regarding me. Maybe you were involved in that same conversation and telling you now isn't helping :p

I fully admit that I did talk shit during our battle in Halo 2, but now what I do outside of the GA Forum can get me banned??? I never ONCE metioned how good I was at Halo 2 in the forum (hard to believe, i know). In case you think I was talking shit in the forum, look it up; I purposefully never gloated about my skills in that game, I did however think our TEAM was great and still do. Everyone just assumed that all my gloating on SF3 (i still stand by my skills in that game) was the same way I felt about my skills in Halo 2.

There were no surprises, I told all players that i talk trash and if they don't like it, don't play. But they insisted and now I'm banned for that?

I never ever agreed to the banning or the name change! It's not fair. I don't think there's ever been a day that I've been treated fairly there. Seems all mods are out to get me. I follow the rules. You guys are taking it too far.

I'm pleading, that you don't fall into the same catagory as those jerks that moderate the forum. In fact, I would like to be made a Moderator (who do i need to talk to?), not to get back at anyone for anything; just so Mods stop messing with me.

I've been a member of GA Forum for 6 years and carried that same name "Leguna" for 6 years. I don't want to lose it.

Look man, I just finished playing through MGS3 and it's was the most amazing game ever created and I have a digital painting I'm working on that I was inspired to make for the game. I want to post it under my original name. Please help me; thanks in advance.

Alberto/Leguna

The two weeks are almost up. Bear with it. I will probably change
your handle back, but I won't guarantee it. And your image tag and
all that will definitely remain.

~Tyler

Why can't you guarantee my my screen name correction? Why does my tag and avatar have to remain the same??? Why are you being such a jerk? 6 years man, for 6 YEARS i have carried that name Leguna.

I'm trying to do this the nice way, but you leave me with no other choice than to continue to email Jim, Patick and everyone else until something gets done and this time, I'll make sure it's NOT just me complaining about you guys, I'll get as many members to send emails to all them about the harassment going in the forum.

I thought you were different man, guess not.

Evilore, Hitokage, WasabiKing, Mike Works, bishoptl, overbose, all of you better turn a leaf real soon.

Before I do anything I'm giving you one last responce; make me happy. I have done nothing wrong. I followed the rules.

Alberto/Leguna

Are you some kind of idiot? No, let me rephrase. Who do you think
made the rules that you feel you're not breaking? Read the ToS some
time. Whether our actions seem arbitrary or not is our concern.
Posting on GAF is a privelage, and you just lost that privelage for
the forseeable future by threatening the admins. If you'd like I can
register an account for you at GameFaqs so you don't feel quite so
lonely.

~Tyler

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Heh, I love the scary people online who are so addicted and attached to forums that they go crazy when it's taken away. I saw them all the time when I was an admin at another board.

8bit

Knows the Score
I missed this as I was out of the country for a few weeks. What was his name changed to?

:lol I love reading dirt like this. The fact that people like this exist means humanity is in worse shape than I ever thought. Imagine someone caring so much about a forum alias. This guy is an insult to human achievement and needs professional help.

Can he read these replies, or is he IP banned?

belgurdo

Banned
God's Hand said:
:lol I love reading dirt like this. The fact that people like this exist means humanity is in worse shape than I ever thought. Imagine someone caring so much about a forum alias. This guy is an insult to human achievement and needs professional help.

Then again, when you're a part of something for a considerable amount of time, you start to kind of identify with it, so it's not as "eww weird" as you think, unless you just don't give a shit about anything. That's like saying working for one company for 30 years and building relations with co-workers is a sign of insanity

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=24507
http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=24509

Most of the backstory should be there, for those who don't read the Gaming Forum too much.

Basically he lost a bet, cheated, was a very sore loser, etc., got banned for a while as per the bet conditions, and a couple days before his ban was going to be up he emailed me.

Had he just let it go, of course, he would've most likely had his username returned and his ban would've been up in a couple days...instead of being hit with a perm. *shrug*

Matlock

Banned
manngc
(12-02-2004, 07:39 PM)
Reply | Quote
Forward Message

Need help with Leguna
Leguna has requested that he be unbanned, since he's dieing to post his impressions of MGS3. Also, he'd like to have his screenname returned as well.

I'm assuming you're a Mod and can help with this. Thank.

Pachinko

That's sad on his part. Why would he go to such lengths to piss you guys off with only 2 days left on his ban ? Seriously. Watch him go to OPA age now and bitch about how GA is a bunch of facsists or something.

I never really had any issues with this guy until this whole Halo 2 thing came up. He comes off has kind of a dick.

belgurdo said:
Then again, when you're a part of something for a considerable amount of time, you start to kind of identify with it, so it's not as "eww weird" as you think, unless you just don't give a shit about anything. That's like saying working for one company for 30 years and building relations with co-workers is a sign of insanity
Except the internet is something he's using in his life to replace normal relationships. When you take a banning like this that seriously, then you need help. He decided to join a "community" on the internet with rules and boundaries and he broke them. Knowing full well what you're signing up for, and knowing you care so much about it, I would have taken things more seriously.

Maybe this time off will get him motivated to head out to meet some real people.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Btw...I wouldn't have even banned his dumb ass for that halo match if he didn't squeal, lie, cheat, and do everything else he could while still losing horribly. His ban was never really about the bet, since AFAIK the admins didn't agree to anything.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
:lol Sorry, but I must reiterate... Despite the similarities in the name, I am not leguna. I'm in favor of keeping the name change, just so that I don't have explain myself each and everytime he makes a mockery of himself.

jett

D-Member
HAHAHAHAHA, pwned.

In semi-related news, what ever happened to that Opa-Age vs. GAF Halo battle royale?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jett said:
HAHAHAHAHA, pwned.

In semi-related news, what ever happened to that Opa-Age vs. GAF Halo battle royale?

It's tomorrow, but I havent heard any details about it...like maps and whatnot.

He should be unbanned.

We'd get a lot more enjoyment out of him that way, cause then we could all own him in every thread he posts.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
PanopticBlue said:
He should be unbanned.

We'd get a lot more enjoyment out of him that way, cause then we could all own him in every thread he posts.

He's annoying as all hell, i'm glad he's banned.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I REALLY wanted to stay out of this, and told Leguna to be patient and wait the two weeks (isn't that up yet?) before saying anything, but you guys really should give him his name back. Let him keep the "I suck at Halo" tag or something like "I talked a lot of shit and got my ass kicked so I'm an idiot," etc. but give the man his name back.

Alberto: Threatening Evilore isn't really going to help your case. :p Also remember that only the admins can give you your name back, not the mods. If hell froze over and you were made a mod, they could STILL change your name and there would be nothing you could do about it.

You still don't seem to realize that this is a PRIVATE forum. The people running it can do whatever the hell they want to for any reason they want to. I don't think it was fair that I was demodded months back, but I'm not going to keep bitching about it and I didn't "threaten" to do something if they didn't remod me. The only thing you can do is leave this forum and start posting elsewhere, and CERTAINLY no offense is meant by this, but they wouldn't really care if you left anyway.

EviLore said:
Btw...I wouldn't have even banned his dumb ass for that halo match if he didn't squeal, lie, cheat, and do everything else he could while still losing horribly. His ban was never really about the bet, since AFAIK the admins didn't agree to anything.

Okay, now here's where I have to step in and defend "I Suck At Halo." I already said this in the match thread from a little ways back:

LEGUNA DID NOT CHEAT.

Did he bitch and whine while losing? YES. Did he get a laggy connection when he was playing and bitch about that? YES. Was his team at a disadvantage due to playing at different locations without headsets and split screen, where as the GAF team all had headsets (so we actually you, know...COMMUNICATED) and our own screens? YES.

Does any of that matter? NO. He talked shit; I don't care about lag and the other stuff mentioned above, his team should have been better prepared. That's tough. What's sad is that he still hasn't learned his lesson from this whole experience. :)

However, there wasn't any cheating going on. You can't actually "cheat" in Halo 2 anyway. I'm assuming this is in reference to the CTF games having the use/drive any vehicle with the flag" option turned on. Let me try to clear this up AGAIN:

-Leguna DID NOT create the matches. *MANN* did. Leguna had no control over what Mann's options were set to. They were playing from different systems (and locations in the original game)

-Mann was not aware that this option being turned on would matter. I play with these guys all the time, and we all wanted the CTF options to be like the original Halo, where the flag runner could use the vehicles himself. That's an option that was changed immediately when we all got the game at release. This is definitely the "fault" of both sides and all option changes should have been discussed before any of the matches took place.

-It is true that once this option was discovered to be enabled the GAF team wanted to end the match and restart. The CTF match in that game was DRAGGING on for far too long. GAF was winning; the "Dream Team" refused to quit unless they tied it up. That's not cheating, it's just stupid. We beat them anyway. :D

Finally, some dumb nitpicking: Hey Leguna, you've been posting for six years? *SIX* years? Since 1998? No man, try sometime in 2000. LOOK HE "CHEATED" AGAIN! :lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Lyte: yeah, it was in reference to the vehicle CTF thing. If leguna wasn't at fault for that, then I stand corrected, and I'll defer to you in that regard.

Doesn't change much, though ;b

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
EviLore said:
Lyte: yeah, it was in reference to the vehicle CTF thing. If leguna wasn't at fault for that, then I stand corrected, and I'll defer to you in that regard.

Doesn't change much, though ;b

Right, I'm not expecting that to change your mind after what he wrote, but I just want the facts to be set straight.

Socreges

Banned
As much as I don't like Leguna, I think you guys have been pretty big douche bags.

But all sympathy is lost after:
Evilore, Hitokage, WasabiKing, Mike Works, bishoptl, overbose, all of you better turn a leaf real soon.

Before I do anything I'm giving you one last responce; make me happy.
Sure sounds like a threat. But what the hell could he even do about it?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I dunno, I find it really hard to take "or I'll tell on you again and again!" as a serious threat, but that's me.

Lyte Edge said:
I don't think it was fair that I was demodded months back, but I'm not going to keep bitching about it and I didn't "threaten" to do something if they didn't remod me.
Yeah, that was a paticular instance of an administrative trainwreck. It wasn't fair, but you didn't want it back when it was reoffered. Regardless, you need to be admin to give out tags.

m0dus

Banned
I dunno. I think, if he's banned, it would be best to let the issue rest, rather than harping on it publicly. Such things tend to draw out situations otherwise not worthy of everyone's attention :) . Heh. Hey, random question--do you have to reach 1,000 posts before you get a tag? I'd always assumed as such (and I'm too damn lazy to read the TOS). I've been around since '00 or '01 or so (I was CRONOS back in the day) but I've never stayed active for a great enough period of time to accumulate a significant number of posts to test out that little theory (before the forums shifted, or accounts got moved/erased/etc). :)

as far as the "threats," they seem kinda benign to me--akin to foolish things said out of frustration. When I read it, it sounded like saying he'll "do something" meant he'll email relentlessly or something. or shake an angry fist at the computer screen.

m0dus

Banned
I assumed that was involved too, yeah. I wasn't sure if they noticed you until you hit that magic number, or just made an ass of yourself :lol
of course, there are other ways . . . although, as demonstrated by the subject of this thread, such means of 'getting noticed' seem far more likely to get you bitchslapped. Repeatedly. :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
GAF has only two post count levels: Junior Member and Member. We discourage post count whoring, and only have "Junior Member" to designate new posters.

m0dus

Banned
Hitokage said:
GAF has only two post count levels: Junior Member and Member. We discourage post count whoring, and only have "Junior Member" to designate new posters.

On a related note, "member" is a synonymous for a part of the male anatomy. This taken into account, the term "junior member" takes on a whole new level of hilarity :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
m0dus said:
On a related note, "member" is a synonymous for a part of the male anatomy. This taken into account, the term "junior member" takes on a whole new level of hilarity :)
Whatever keeps you occupied. ;)

Socreges

Banned
m0dus has a small penis.

Yet something tells me he'll be flattered with having any tag, no matter how derogatroy.

m0dus

Banned
overbose said:
Oh, sometimes I give tags.

:lol Am I stuck with this one? Hell, I'll even take Leguna's "I suck at Halo" tag (not the name :p) .

besides...shrunken member doesn't lend itself too well to icon pics ;p

Top Bottom