• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Pumpkins move over, WWE may have released a racist blackface t-shirt?

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
I never would have seen it on my own, but now that I'm forced to see a red mouth with big, white, grinning teeth and pitch black "skin" surrounding it, I definitely do see.....oh who am I kidding. I barely fucking see it.

Keep whining, pussies. Everything that offends you is an assault and you have to point.it.all.out.

A Regular Guy

Feb 23, 2018
The guy is a great talent, seen him live as ACH in Ring of Honor. It's a damn shame he's using this to get what he wants. I mean, what if there is a white and grey option for the same shirt with the same logo? Or he could be overblowing it get out of his NXT contract and join AEW?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I doubt Vince and HHH even had anything to do with the shirt. They have some lackey's who design the shirts there are probably like 12 exectuives before those guys who would of touched it. Vince and HHH have more things to worry about then some random shirt on the shopzone.

He should of brought it up privatly I am sure that they would of taken it down if he said he felt it was offensive. I remember when they had the Soriorty squad and it was to close to SS so they changed that.

All though I think 2019 has been the year of the blackface. For something that basically doesn't really happen anymore some people really want to bring it back. I mean think about it who is the most famous black face performer in 2019? What was the last minstrel show you saw in 2019? What celeberity's career is based around painting their face black with big red lips? Outside of stupid idiots who think its funny for Halloween blackface is barely a thing in 2019 outside of people who see it in pumpkins and T-shirts.

Feb 23, 2018
The WWF did an actual blackface skit back with DX and the Nation of Domination during the early attitude era. Weird how nobody seemed to care (maybe they did? Doubtful), its like people hadn't fully lost their minds yet.

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
if jordan didn't approve of the logo itself, then i can see how this is problematic

if he did approve this logo and it happens to be on a black base, then i'd say he's in the wrong

only sensible way to move forward is to just do a redesign

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
It's another example of seeing grievances everywhere if your bombarded with them all the time.

Nobody would notice it if we didnt live with outrage around us 24/7.

Reactions: haxan7 and Somnium

NYR

Nov 29, 2006
Why is there still controversy over blackface, when Canada literally just elected one as their leader?

SJW's can get outraged at pumpkins and t-shirts but 5 million of them still showed up to the polls to vote for the above. Just more hypocrisy.
A literal what-aboutism straw man argument. Garbage.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Why would you whine about this on twitter and try and stoke racial retribution towards the people signing your checks?

brap

Jan 9, 2018
I think you can get most WWE shirts in any color you want now.
See now I find this even stupider. Were they supposed to let you get this shirt in any color except black then? Such a non issue.

Somnium

Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com
Are people literally retarded? How can a black t-shirt have black face?

THE INSIDE OF THE MOUTH IS RED
TEETH ARE WHITE
A BLACK T-SHIRT IS NOT A BLACK PERSON.
THIS IS NOT RACIST

You can literally print that exact same graphic on any other color shirt, and no one would bat an eye. Let that sink in for a moment.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
This is applicable to the topic, and worth a watch (7 mins).

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
Remember when mainstream culture was rebellious, cool, and individualistic?

It almost seems like a distant memory now, compared to all this patheticness.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: MiyazakiHatesKojima

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
i'm on the same boat as you

that's why my take is just redesign the thing and avoid unnecessary drama
Why bow to the pressure though?

What is your reasoning here? Not an aggressive ask, just wondering the thought process as if people are going to be upset about this, when will they stop if you bow to something as innocuous as this?

Reactions: -Arcadia-

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
Why bow to the pressure though?

What is your reasoning here? Not an aggressive ask, just wondering the thought process as if people are going to be upset about this, when will they stop if you bow to something as innocuous as this?
i don't think it's a big hit to take

i understand the concern jordan has and i wouldn't wanna start a head butting match over something like this

he's an athlete and he's unhappy with his shirt design and i can see why even if it's unintentional so just redo it lol

everyone is happy

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
This is blackface? Lmfao. We are at peak retardation levels now with this whole blackface thing. Some people just want that racism so bad they'll create it any way they can.

Reactions: Somnium

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
2019. The year blackface began losing its menaing. VA. Governor Ralph Northam, Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, you guys have made some interesting historical inroads.

brap

Jan 9, 2018
LMAO BTFO
Albert Hardie Jr. (aka Jordan Myles) approved this t-shirt for sale. As always, we work collaboratively with all of our performers to develop logos and merchandise designs and get their input and approval before proceeding. This was the same process with Albert, and we responded swiftly once he later requested that the logo/t-shirt be redesigned. No t-shirts were sold.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Yikes.

This is not OK.

All the gaffers saying this isn't a problem, are exactly the problem.

2019 and we literally have racist shirts worn by literal Nazis to celebrate the misogynistic battles to the death.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Someone asked for haikus in another thread, so I've decided to post in haiku tonight.

The smell of pumpkin
Can not hide the stench of our
Pit stained racism

A Regular Guy

Feb 23, 2018
Yup he’s getting released and without a “wish him well in future endeavors”;
I think he's doing this on purpose to get released, and join AEW. If he does that, then it's a real dick move of him and I lose all respect for him as a fan of his during his time in RoH

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
He just wants out.

I highly doubt that WWE would of been no we need this exact ugly ass shirt we can't change anything about it. If he said i don't like it or it makes me uncomfortable they would of just changed the shirt.

He probably hangs around with REEEEE and SJW's and they told him to make some big stink about it.

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
Yup he’s getting released and without a “wish him well in future endeavors”;
To me, a side revelation here, is that they all refer to each other by their characters’ names, despite no longer actively wrestling, which is... weird. Imagine having to take careful creative instructions from a high level manager named Road Dogg. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

How do you even...

‘Mr. Dogg, sir, could I have a moment? The Bad Ass Billy Gunn sent me.’

A Regular Guy

Feb 23, 2018
He just wants out.

I highly doubt that WWE would of been no we need this exact ugly ass shirt we can't change anything about it. If he said i don't like it or it makes me uncomfortable they would of just changed the shirt.

He probably hangs around with REEEEE and SJW's and they told him to make some big stink about it.
Come the looks of it, he may have ruined his entire career, dragging in Jay Lethal, and calling him an Uncle Tom. Also, I heard The Elite does not like him at all. So his chances to go anywhere is dwindling

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Crom the looks of it, he may have ruined his entire career, dragging in Jay Lethal, and calling him an Uncle Tom. Also, I heard The Elite does not like him at all. So his chances to go anywhere is dwindling
And he basically doxxed that corporate WWE employee by realasing the screen shot of their entire email address. I thought he would be safe because no one would fire him with this racism stuff, but the releasing of corporate emails is probably enough for him to be terminated. Not to mention how many "your racist" emails that person is going to get now from all the SJW's on twitter.

I don't see the racism, but even if he did he is really acting like a tool here. I doubt the WWE was like we hate Jordan so lets make a super racist shirt for him to get back at him. He simply just needed to say in private the shirt isn't cool and its kinda racist and with how corporate and uptight WWE is they would of done everything they could to erase it from history.

Someone will give him a job because everyone in wrestling loves the anti-WWE person. Its a short lived gimmick but anyone who will "shoot" on WWE and crap on it will find some work somewhere for a little bit of time. I mean even Ryback was somewhat relevant after he got released because he would "shoot" on WWE.

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
Come the looks of it, he may have ruined his entire career, dragging in Jay Lethal, and calling him an Uncle Tom. Also, I heard The Elite does not like him at all. So his chances to go anywhere is dwindling
Good. A normal world would outcast destructive people like this.

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
To me, a side revelation here, is that they all refer to each other by their characters’ names, despite no longer actively wrestling, which is... weird. Imagine having to take careful creative instructions from a high level manager named Road Dogg. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

How do you even...

‘Mr. Dogg, sir, could I have a moment? The Bad Ass Billy Gunn sent me.’
It's one of the reasons I can't take most rappers seriously in interviews or when they inevitably start trying to become actors. Hey, quiet down. We're about to hear more about the artistry of cinematography from Fitty Cent. Please proceed, Mr. Cent. Or can I call you Fitty?

Last edited: