• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pure Pinball On X-Box Looks Awesome... I Wish For...

BojTrek

Banned
Pure Pinball looks really fun, as far as pinball goes... I grew up with Atari but in college learned to really love some of the Midway and Bally pinball games.

In fact, I love pinball when done right... SEGA makes crappy pinball, but Bally and Midway know their shit when it comes to pinball.

Anyways, I am picking up Pure Pinball for the wife and I to play... no two player game which sucks, so you have to watch the wife play a full game before it is your turn. Oh well.

Could you imagine... my wish... that the company that makes Pure Pinball could license Midway/Bally pinball and recreate them for a video game. I would love to play Attack From Mars, Star Trek: The Next Generation Borg pinball, or Alladin, or Junkyard...

Who do I write? Where do I petition?

BojTrek

Banned
sorry... just checked PINBALL on Yahoo! and checked out a few sites...

You are correct, my favorite pinball games come from Williams and Bally...

Actually Bally used to make hot pinball machines. Eight Ball Deluxe will forever be classic. But Sega - I mean, I love Sega's videogame division but their pinball department was booty. Data East, too.

MightyHedgehog said:
I'm still waiting for video renditions of Haunted House, Twilight Zone, Theatre of Magic, Black Knight/2000, and Black Hole.

Have you heard of PinMAME ? Note: I have not tried this. I've always been curious about it, though.

I don't get it. Does this emulate the boards based on scans/dimensions/features of the actual boards in 3D graphics? All I see are dot matrix displays pics...

BojTrek

Banned
I tried PinMame about a year ago... it was too damn confusing for me...

I able to find Star Trek but could not get it to function...

I would love it if someone would just create a folder you could download and the pinball games would work from a list.

From what I remember it works with pictures taken of the pinball game table emaulated into a pinball program. If the game had screens you needs to download the ROMS.

BojTrek

Banned
Thanks for the link for step-by-step PinMame instructions... I was able to get the Star Trek The Next Generation to work...

Pretty cool... it is sort of like the free pinball game from Windows with the real table for Star Trek on it...

Thanks... great find... it only took me a year to figure out PinMame... not bad huh?

FnordChan

Saint Cornelius said:
But Sega - I mean, I love Sega's videogame division but their pinball department was booty. Data East, too.

This is true, but right now I'd happily take mediocre pinball games from Sega and Data East, if only so someone besides Stern was making new pins.

FnordChan

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I might snag this.

But I'd MUCH prefer a GOOD pinball game on the ol GBA...

POKEMON PINBALL IS NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER!

Agent X

FnordChan said:
This is true, but right now I'd happily take mediocre pinball games from Sega and Data East, if only so someone besides Stern was making new pins.

Interesting thought.

On that note, I'd also like to see wrestling matches featuring Papa Shango vs. The Godfather, Kwang vs. Savio Vega, and Isaac Yankem vs. Kane.

Perhaps more relevant to the topic, Data East's pinball division was sold to Sega in the early 1990's. Later, when Sega wanted to get out of the pinball industry, Gary Stern bought their pinball division and renamed it Stern Pinball.

Top Bottom