• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PURE SPECULATION - Mass Effect Remaster: (could get a ) New Release Date

RAIDEN1

A lot of speculation flying around that 29th of September may just be the new N7 day, in the sense that the re-master will release then, awesome news if true, but nothing as yet officially confirmed.....

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
giphy.gif

nowhat

A lot of speculation flying around that 29th of September may just be the new N7 day, in the sense that the re-master will release then, awesome news if true, but nothing as yet officially confirmed.....

If this includes all the DLC I'm game. Played through the trilogy on a 360 that I bought well aware it was modded and subsequently banned (I figured as I'm pretty much only for single-player who cares - playing an unpatched version of New Vegas taught me a lesson, but I digress) so I was unable to get any of them even if I wanted to.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Yeah, I saw Matty (Youtube) talk about this yesterday. Would be cool if true. Seems to be based on one Gamespot listing and a Reddit post, so who knows, could be BS. But Matty pointed out that remasters sometimes drop with little or no fanfare, so it could be.

T-Cake

The new art book isn't coming out until Feb 2021 so I'm still going with announcement on November 7th, release day around the same time as the book. And please for the love of god, make it optimized for PS5/XSX/PC.

Last edited:
Hopefully it’s not just a resolution bump. I know the chances are very remote but I hope the first game has had some work done to the combat and the visuals some nice improvements.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

EemAOwHX0AYf_LO-1.jpg

FN3C2jL.jpg

"From my app, GAME UK, preordered in store, they knew nothing about it but was on their system "

Nico_D

I'm pretty sure the date is fake. Remasters are coming be it 2020 or 2021 or 2022 but in few months without any promotion is ridiculous from business and marketing viewpoint. Sure, there's a possibility EA is just so bad at it but I find that hard to believe.

We will see in September. You are welcome to wave the remasters in front of me if they get released on the said date and I will admit I was wrong.

SCB3

every fucking event or N7 day theres rumors that amount to nothing

Face it EA despite the money they'd make, rarely do remasters or remakes, ill believe it when i see it

mcjmetroid

Why would EA not promote this? If done right with updated assets, fixed animation issues and shorter loading times this could be my most wanted game this year.
Think the most important part is all the dlc included. Playing on Xbox X the loading times have been decreased and the resolution is great already

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I've never got round to playing any of the Mass Effect games, and it's always felt like a hole in my game playing catalogue, so would very much like to see a remaster, so I can play it on a modern PC.

Top Bottom