• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Putin says Trump was 'satisfied' with his election meddling denials

President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday he thought his U.S. counterpart Donald Trump had been satisfied with his assertions that Russia had not meddled in the U.S. presidential election.

Speaking at the end of a G20 summit in Germany where the two leaders met face-to-face for the first time, Putin said he believed he had been able to establish a personal relationship with Trump, and that the initial groundwork had been laid for an improvement in U.S.-Russian ties.

Their meeting, on the sidelines of the Hamburg summit, was subject to intense scrutiny, following allegations that Moscow had tried to help Trump win the White House, and a Washington investigation into the Russia ties of Trump associates.

Putin was pressed by reporters at a news conference to share details of the discussion he had with Trump about alleged Russian election interference. Russia has denied trying to influence the U.S. election.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...21fe&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Whompa02

El oh el.

They covered their tracks up very nicely. Trump CLEARLY has no dealings with Russia despite his entire family having dealings with Russia.

I'm not shocked at the denial. I'm not shocked at anything anymore.

Fergie

Banned
Trump's officials first words were that Trump denied Putin's claims.

I guess Russian media has the true scoop and WH officials have since kept mum.

All in the process of lifting the sanctions of course.

Mariolee

What Trump is not satisfied with: "Climate change is real and you're healthcare bill will literally kill people. Here are the facts."

What Trump is satisfied with: "Uh we didn't do it. Here is no evidence to support that statement."

Ponn

Banned
Trump: "So Putie, did you interfere in the election to help me win?"

Putin: "Nyet" *wink wink*

*everyone laughs*

I'd like to go into cryo for the next 3.5 years until this madness is over, but then I'm afraid I'd wake up to "DONALD TRUMP WINS THE 2020 ELECTIONS!"

Media

I'd like to go into cryo for the next 3.5 years until this madness is over, but then I'm afraid I'd wake up to "DONALD TRUMP WINS THE 2020 ELECTIONS!"

It's still very surreal. Like if I woke up in hospital tomorrow and they told me I'd been in a coma and fever dreamed the last year I'd be like ' Yeah, now it makes sense.'

UberTag

"Did you do it?"

"Nyet."

"Good enough for me."
"Did you feed your political rivals and critical media pundits polonium and have them killed?"

"Nyet."

"Good enough for me."

The real hilarity is what you wake up to in 7.5 years.

Seik

Banned
Surely not because Putin is an evil mastermind and Trump an evil imbecile.

He could basically say anything and Trump would just gobble up everything lol.

Trump: "You didn't... do anything to help me win, right?"

Putin: "No way! You won all on your own, that's how amazing you are."

Trump: "Yeah... yeah! I am very satisfied with that answer."

Its been years since Ive seen Putin look as smug as he did in that televised sit down with Trump. He won, he knows he won and he wants everyone else to see it.

Trump: You didn't meddle with our elections, did you?
*whispers "Say no"*

Putin: *whispers "You don't have to tell me"*
... No, I didn't meddle.

Trump: I knew it!
*thinking, "See, he said no because I told him to"*

Putin: *thinking, "No you didn't, and I can hear your thoughts, little man"*

Trump: You didn't meddle with our elections, did you?
*whispers "Say no"*

Putin: *whispers "You don't have to tell me"*
... No, I didn't meddle.

Trump: I knew it!
*thinking, "See, he said no because I told him to"*

Putin: *thinking, "No you didn't, and I can hear your thoughts, little man"*

Cringe

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The papers today said stuff like "Trump confronts Putin!" or "Trump Spars with Putin" and I'm like, what?

norm9

"He asked a lot of questions on this matter," Putin said at a Saturday press conference. "I answered as many as I could answer. I think he took it into consideration and agreed with it. But you should ask him what his opinion is on that."

This is the perfect out because Trump doesn't do press conferences. Best you'll get is a double-tongued answer.

UberTag

The papers today said stuff like "Trump confronts Putin!" or "Trump Spars with Putin" and I'm like, what?
Which papers were these? I wish to make a note of them in case I wish to have a good laugh, line my birdcage or wipe my ass when I'm out of toilet paper.

We need full infiltration to bring about Full Communism is this country, as Comrade Trump (his mother was a Soviet Sex Agent, Look it UP, before the GOV. blocks it) as Comrade Bonnon and Komrade Kushner (a scion of the Frankfurt School) have already insured tha the hegemony of the American Empire is in full decline, the DPRK and tthe USSR will take the rightful place at the forefront of Global (0) politcsas the cycle of the радéния will be completed lifting us int the world of the Четвертая политическая теория and ensuring the continued servivalof MArx's orginal vision

2b7.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Have Trump fans admitted this to themselves yet and moved onto "Russia is badass" or are they still in denial and blaming this on Geraldo Maddow?

I think we need to rerelease perhaps the most important and compelling documentary on cold war soviet era Realpolitik- and arguably the trigger of soviet collapse.
Rocky IV

Have Trump fans admitted this to themselves yet and moved onto "Russia is badass" or are they still in denial and blaming this on Geraldo Maddow?

The rise of class consciusnne has fucked up the Hillbors and the W. Stanfeidsl byt will allow of a full Communist society to take root in the place of the busted neoliberal apparatus thaet ht eliek os hulllary ad ht ePodesto Clinton Konglomerate (The NEW KKK relaly, not hte old wone_ So THE ZIZKEKIAN (I higly reccomend his FILMS the "Lecherous MAn;'s Guide to IDeoliy, Avaialable in NETLFIC and Certian BLOCKVUSTER retaulers, at he RISE of the HUUTHI party ton the SOuthern west peninuslta of the COUNTRY of YEMEN will COME to AMERICA and tae=ke central control of the FIVE mean os PROSUCtion in side of the WHITE HOUSE leanving behind the smoldering sKIN of the TRUMO MAN and acenf the te DOGINIAN relin og teh as the

The dearest nation of all is one that will survive no longer than you and I, a common movement at the mercy of death and time: the ad hoc adventure.
-Resolution of the Gross Suckling Conference

Media

We need full infiltration to bring about Full Communism is this country, as Comrade Trump (his mother was a Soviet Sex Agent, Look it UP, before the GOV. blocks it) as Comrade Bonnon and Komrade Kushner (a scion of the Frankfurt School) have already insured tha the hegemony of the American Empire is in full decline, the DPRK and tthe USSR will take the rightful place at the forefront of Global (0) politcsas the cycle of the радéния will be completed lifting us int the world of the Четвертая политическая теория and ensuring the continued servivalof MArx's orginal vision

The rise of class consciusnne has fucked up the Hillbors and the W. Stanfeidsl byt will allow of a full Communist society to take root in the place of the busted neoliberal apparatus thaet ht eliek os hulllary ad ht ePodesto Clinton Konglomerate (The NEW KKK relaly, not hte old wone_ So THE ZIZKEKIAN (I higly reccomend his FILMS the "Lecherous MAn;'s Guide to IDeoliy, Avaialable in NETLFIC and Certian BLOCKVUSTER retaulers, at he RISE of the HUUTHI party ton the SOuthern west peninuslta of the COUNTRY of YEMEN will COME to AMERICA and tae=ke central control of the FIVE mean os PROSUCtion in side of the WHITE HOUSE leanving behind the smoldering sKIN of the TRUMO MAN and acenf the te DOGINIAN relin og teh as the

The dearest nation of all is one that will survive no longer than you and I, a common movement at the mercy of death and time: the ad hoc adventure.
-Resolution of the Gross Suckling Conference

2oGqVKE.gif

Again I ask is your code broken or something?

Afrodium

Banned
Though I do doubt that Trump was tough on Putin during this meeting, I don't think Putin's statements on what occurred are any more trustworthy than Trump's.

Top Bottom