• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Puyopuyo Tetris S confimed for overseas release

May 14, 2008

http://puyo.sega.jp/puyopuyotetris/S/

From the announcement:
オンラインでもオフラインでも最大4人で手軽に対戦 !家でも外でもNintendo Switchのプレイスタイルに合わせて、お友達やご家族と楽しく対戦プレイができます。また、新たにインターネット対戦「全世界パズルリーグ」が開幕!世界各国各地域の個別ランキングにより世界規模で他のプレイヤーと対戦を楽しむことができます。(日本国内に加え、 米国各州、欧州、その他の国と地域)

※日本版『ぷよぷよ™テトリス®S』に収録されているインターネット対戦「全世界パズルリーグ」は海外版Nintendo Switch専用ソフト『ぷよぷよテトリス』と対戦可能になる予定です。海外版の発売時期は未定です。また、他機種版との対戦はできません。

The Japanese version will be a launch title for the Switch, but the release date for the global version has specifically not been confirmed.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Literally the worst possible time for them to announce this(Nintendo conference), but I am extremely excited for this release.

TheXbox

Aug 26, 2012
This is the only game I have ever seriously considered importing. I don't know they made this work, but yo. Puyo Puyo Tetris

CertifiedFP

Mar 25, 2013
So, is the western release of PuyoPuyo Tetris we've been waiting so long for going to be Switch-exclusive then?

SEGA™ Gonna SEGA™

Unless we owe this western release to Nintendo smoothing things out with Ubisoft and The Tetris Company.

BTA

Jan 30, 2014
Yes! I was already prepared to double dip when the English trophies went up; now I'm definitely in, since it'll be easier to play with friends this way.

Pachimari

Apr 28, 2007
Fuck yes, I'm there Day One!

This is the same games as Puyo Puyo Tetris in Japan right? Is S only coming to Switch or also other formats?

Shivering

Neo Member
Sep 9, 2013
Why the fuck is there no Xbox One version for the west? That just seems like the most backwards thing ever to me. At least the Switch version exists, I guess, but I was really willing to double-dip for a localized Xbox version. Now I'll just hope I can find a Switch/shell out for extra Joycons when it launches.

bluexy

Jan 16, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Just got confirmation that this is $29.99 on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch (digital), but there's a special launch edition for Nintendo Switch that costs $39.99. Not sure what's included.

RecRoulette

Aug 28, 2015
Just got confirmation that this is $29.99 on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch (digital), but there's a special launch edition for Nintendo Switch that costs $39.99. Not sure what's included.

The launch edition comes with two keychains.

Snarfington

May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
Portable Puyo Puyo Tetris multiplayer is a total killer app for me. I hope it's in Europe at or close to launch.

Also Japanese dub option please! I need those anime girls screaming TETTORISSU - it's half the fun!

RecRoulette

Aug 28, 2015
Portable Puyo Puyo Tetris multiplayer is a total killer app for me. I hope it's in Europe at or close to launch.

Also Japanese dub option please! I need those anime girls screaming TETTORISSU - it's half the fun!

The game has English voiceover only. You can play across regions but there's no cross-platform play (between Switch and PS4).

StarCreator

Oct 26, 2007
Maryland, USA
The game has English voiceover only. You can play across regions but there's no cross-platform play (between Switch and PS4).
Well, English voiceover only makes it a tougher sell for me. I've imported this and many previous Puyopuyo titles (and even then, all localized versions of Puyopuyo Fever had Japanese voiceover options) and I think hearing different voiceovers after all this time would be very jarring. Probably still picking it up but that is definitely a disappointment.