• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons getting multiplayer mode and huge update that's basically P&D2

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Announced at the Gung-Ho Festival.

Serkan Toto said:
And today, at the so-called “GungHo Festival 2015″ (a fan event organized by the company in Chiba near Tokyo), the second drastic change was announced: the addition of multi-player.

But GungHo today said at their fan event that Puzzle & Dragons will get a “true” multi-player mode: just like Japan’s other top mobile game, Monster Strike by Mixi (2121), the mode will focus on cooperative (not competitive) gameplay.

The idea is to let two players clear the same dungeon at the same time by letting them taking turns.

At the event, producer Yamamoto said that in the multi-player mode, the health points of both players are added: as always the goal is to clear the dungeon without the HP bar reaching zero.

He went on saying that the mode will be included in a future update that will be “so comprehensive that it’s no exaggeration the result could be called Puzzle & Dragons 2″ (to make it clear: there will still only be one app, this mode will be included in Puzzle & Dragons proper).
Source: http://www.serkantoto.com/2015/06/01/gungho-multi-player-puzzle-dragons/

puzzle-dragons-gungho57u0e.jpg

Monster Strike making Gung-Ho take notice lol

Cool addition, I do wonder how long (years) it will take for this to come to the NA version

Hastati

This is really exciting news. Been feeling a bit bored with PAD lately (and my own lack of skill), really want to try this out with randoms, friends, enemies, anybody.

This should have been there a long time ago honestly, but whatever---at least the Chinese gods are getting ults as well (and Kirin is unexpectedly cheap to evolve :O)!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just recently gave this a whirl while getting hype for P&DZ+etc. and it's kind of got me addicted at the moment.

Can't think of a time I'd liked to have MP though.

just recently started playing PAD too. i wish it actually had more F2P hooks in it as the evo materials aspect is an absolute chore. team cost is a bummer too esp when i randomly get a monster that costs 35 from the rare egg machine and i won't be able to use it like...ever.

seady

Was it Monster Strike or another game that spurred Gungho to change from 10 min/stamina to 5 min/stamina? Competition is good for consumers.

I adore PAD, but stamina is still a huge problem with the game. They need to have some part of the game that makes you keep playing without throwing stones at it. Endless Dungeons is not it.

zeelman

just recently started playing PAD too. i wish it actually had more F2P hooks in it as the evo materials aspect is an absolute chore. team cost is a bummer too esp when i randomly get a monster that costs 35 from the rare egg machine and i won't be able to use it like...ever.

Don't worry, after you have room for multiple 35 cost units, you want space for 50-70 cost units.

seady

I just recently gave this a whirl while getting hype for P&DZ+etc. and it's kind of got me addicted at the moment.

Can't think of a time I'd liked to have MP though.

I am glad so many people started playing PAD proper after trying the Mario game.

The mobile game is wayyyy better and deeper than the Mario baby one.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I would love to play the game if I could ever get past the rerolling bit. This is the single worst aspect of most mobile games.

I would love to play the game if I could ever get past the rerolling bit. This is the single worst aspect of most mobile games.

Players Choice Godfest is right now. This is the best time to re roll because you are bound to get an endgame lead if you have a little patience.

I'm pretty excited for the update as PAD is one of my most played games ever (almost 2 years without missing a day). Just hope the content gets localized sooner rather than later. I'm still anxiously waiting for Awoken Bastet.

maks

Cool. I'm rank 280 and have 209 stones saved up. I pretty much stopped playing a few months ago. I should sell my account but perhaps this will bring me back for a little bit.

Top Bottom