• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internets

Post your monster box. Chances are you just don't have a very good team setup, but often times you can improve your setup even by just levelling trash that you normall would have been feeding to your mains.

The boss of Sea Cavern Mercury / Path of the Seabed has higher than average defense, so unless you're doing more damage than his defense, you're going to do 1 damage. So this is probably just a matter of not having your guys levelled up enough (weak attack), or using fire monsters against water, or not making big enough combos, etc. But if you post your monster box perhaps we can help.

Generally speaking, I haven't found a hard paywall yet. After Castle of Satan the difficulty does ramp up substantially, but generally you can get items that are useful enough to progress though farming / special dungeons, even though it can take quite a while to get the drops you need (or quite a few pulls from the rare egg machine). So perhaps you can call that a "soft" paywall, where it definitely helps you progress more quickly (although even paying you need to put in quite a bit of time), but isn't strictly necessary.

Oh I think I see now, thanks. I'm unable to post my monster box right now but, I think the case is that I'm rather underleveled.

Then I suppose my next question is, what's the best way to feed your main monsters? So far I've just been getting the Carbuncles, feeding them, and then when they're pretty high enough level, I feed them to my mains. But then I also run into the problem of lack of coins. I'm not really sure how to get enough coins outside of the Weekend Dungeon.

Mashing

Damn, I just had a damn lucrative mask run.

1 blue demon mask, 1 mystic mask, 2 divine masks (green and dark). I really couldn't of asked for better (was my first successful attempt)

Had Alarune, full dark team with Lillith and viper orochi. I enountered two mythic masks during the run so I had to use Oroci's skill (really wasn't necessary in retrospect, it was a random encounter of only 1 mask). Lillith 1-shot the last round. Thanks CPP.

Oh I think I see now, thanks. I'm unable to post my monster box right now but, I think the case is that I'm rather underleveled.

Then I suppose my next question is, what's the best way to feed your main monsters? So far I've just been getting the Carbuncles, feeding them, and then when they're pretty high enough level, I feed them to my mains. But then I also run into the problem of lack of coins. I'm not really sure how to get enough coins outside of the Weekend Dungeon.

Weekend dungeons are the best way. Personally I never had a probelm with coins because at some point I decided I wanted a Dryad so I ran Demeter Forest about 100 times and got so much money from that that I was pretty much set.

As for feeding, what you can do to offset the cost is in addition to feeding the carbuncles, make sure you feed your mains 5 of those levelled up carbuncles at once. So that means feed a carbuncle 5 monsters, then feed another carbuncle 5 more monsters, etc, till you have 5 carbuncles. Then dump all 5 of those into the monster you actually want to level up. It also helps to make sure you only ever feed same colored monters to your carbuncles. If it's not the same color as the carbuncle (or the thing you're trying to level), maybe you could sell it (or save it for when you do come across a same-colored carbuncle).

Of course, here you run into lack of inventory space, so it becomes a balancing act of do you want to spend those stones on rare pulls or more box space. At some point though you'll almost certain need at least 40-50 boxes to be productive.

Also keep an eye out for Coins x2 or Drop rate x1.5/2 events on the normal dungeons. A Coins x2 event is a great way to get level up / feed materials while also getting coins.

Also, when you are thinking about whether to feed a monster to your carbuncle, take a look at how much exp it gives you. Not all monsters are created equal. If it's going to give you 500 exp but costs 1,000 gold, then just sell the monster. Try to find monsters with the highest feed exp / cost ratio.

xCobalt

Well, I just lost 50 stamina after attempting the legendary dungeon. Didn't even make it to the boss. Encountered a couple of devils and an ogre....one of the devils decided to disable my water monsters, the ogre began charging for a stronger attack and the other devil kept attacking. Couldn't keep my hp up, and was only able to take out one devil before I died.

Mashing

Well, I fucked up on my team composition the second time (forgot to bring lillith).

I was fine until the 4th round, 3 divine masks with 2 on same timer, viper orochi on cooldown, they hit in 4, orochi up in 3. Saved my ass. Last round, hit my dragon's ability (does 1 dmg lol), 2 5 orb matches, and 1 3 orb match, dead mystic mask. Easy peasy.

Another dark divine mask and mystic mask (I got 3 of them suckers now).

KuroNeeko

Ammy is at +15 RCV bonus (+45), slowly but surely.

Today's evolutions, quite proud of the first one. His attack at level 1 is already more than my level 55 Tiamat, and his active skill is awesome in resolve groups at 1 hp (even if his hp are high =p)--

photo20cyfhh.png

Grudge Strike is awesome. I'm using a Rainbow Crystal in the Flame Dragon of Sky dungeon and it does awesome damage on a 15 turn timer. At 1 hp, it does 100,000 damage. Yeah, I bet you can think of a few combos based around that... ;)

PS - Spare a brother some gems? I'm saving up for bus fare back home! COME ON, MAN!

Damn, just looking at your list of monsters makes me depressed, Xelios.

Still plodding along after Castle Of Satan, and getting rocked. It's just taking forever to lvl up my monsters. FUUUUUUUUU

YodaJM

Neo Member
I hit rank 20 so if anyone wants to swap lvl 20 gifts with me send me an invite and let me know here.

I can also use more friends in general if anyone else wants to an invite, I have a lvl 30 Shiva leader right now.

Friend ID:395,048,206

Narras

I hit rank 20 so if anyone wants to swap lvl 20 gifts with me send me an invite and let me know here.

I can also use more friends in general if anyone else wants to an invite, I have a lvl 30 Shiva leader right now.

I'll trade presents with you if you haven't done so. I've sent you an invite.

Narras 381 834 291

Cr0wn0

I sent you a friend request. Running Valk or Viper right now. I could really use your shiva! I want to run Expert a few more times tonight. name is Nk

ccbfan

Anyone know how ultimate evolution works?

When you evolve do you get to keep your level or do you go back to level one?

I have all the starter dragons at the 5 star stage but not using any on them so they're all at level 1. Since you can ultimate evolve at any level and if you don't get to keep you levels then I might as well not level them at all.

Finally I get some luck :)

Take no notice of the XP its messed up lol

Try putting together a group with your leaders set to Fenrir Knight Kamui, Phoenix Knight Homura, and a bunch of other Technique guys. it's patently ridiculous. As long as nothing can 1 shot you can kill anything trivially

Boken

Banned
I sent you a friend request. Running Valk or Viper right now. I could really use your shiva! I want to run Expert a few more times tonight. name is Nk

Add me too!

id: 395 034 290

running a great valk (and every 50% Def drag cept green) - could use more viper buddies

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have enough stamina for one more mask run... I need one more blue for my weekly haul. C'mon.

Just pulled a Minerva from the rare egg machine. How does she rank on the scale of stuff you can get from the machine? Her maxed out stats look pretty good and her ultimate evolution looks pretty sick, especially with only 8 turns cooldown.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just pulled a Minerva from the rare egg machine. How does she rank on the scale of stuff you can get from the machine? Her maxed out stats look pretty good and her ultimate evolution looks pretty sick, especially with only 8 turns cooldown.

That's about all that's left I want from the red machine, so jelly. Congrats.

Just got my first game over in the first level of Fire Forest Nerva. I need to level up, a level 18 Siren, 17 Tyrannos, 13 Earth Fighter, 10 White Fighter, and 11 Black Knight won't cut it. I just barely survived a strong boss at the end of the Tower of Giants.

I got a Flare Drall and mermaid as my first starters is this considered good or am I better off rerolling? I don't want to hit a wall hours in like I did last time.

I got a Flare Drall and mermaid as my first starters is this considered good or am I better off rerolling? I don't want to hit a wall hours in like I did last time.

When did you hit a wall last time? Youre going to hit a wall at some point no matter what, because thats just how the game is designed.

That's about all that's left I want from the red machine, so jelly. Congrats.
Yea well i want your shiva :D

Kosh

[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/24/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

Radav

Yay! I finally feel like I had some luck today. I got a boatload of dragon plants in 5 runs of today's special dungeon and got the last 2 dragon fruit I need.

A couple questions. How hard is the Icemech Dragon Expert dungeon? If I went in with a 30% resist dragon as my leader and a 5* healer friend would I be able to do it?

Someone had asked this before and I was curious about it as well. If you do the "busty evolution" which is done with special items through the powerup fusion menu does your monster lose whatever levels it had when you performed the evolve?

Jinko

A couple questions. How hard is the Icemech Dragon Expert dungeon? If I went in with a 30% resist dragon as my leader and a 5* healer friend would I be able to do it?

Should be good, the orge's can hit for a truck load so prob best to knock them out as fast as you can, boss is easy, just a slow grind.

I managed it with a Arch Angel healer.

Wait a minute... are the ruby/metal/whatever dragons just for power fuse to other monsters? Ive got a buttload of them, including some high and kings, saved up in case I needed them for evos. Have I just been wasting card space?

With that in mind, is it worth powering through Castle of Satan to feed the dragons to pengdras instead of directly feeding the dragons to my other monsters?

Im going to feel really dumb if Ive been farming all this time and had a crapton of red XP just sitting there...

Jinko

Wait a minute... are the ruby/metal/whatever dragons just for power fuse to other monsters? Ive got a buttload of them, including some high and kings, saved up in case I needed them for evos. Have I just been wasting card space?

With that in mind, is it worth powering through Castle of Satan to feed the dragons to pengdras instead of directly feeding the dragons to my other monsters?

Im going to feel really dumb if Ive been farming all this time and had a crapton of red XP just sitting there...

Yea feed them to pengdra's they will give you 45k xp to a red monster each, you will need dragon plants to evolve the pengdra's also.

307.png
+
266.png
x3

+

258.png
x 2 +
153.png

=

308.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

The regular ruby/sapphire/emerald dragons (not king or high or whatever) are used to evolve Pengdras. Once you hit technical dungeons, these little penguin/bird things drop relatively often (2-3 per run usually). You can level them up with ~2500 XP and than evolve them. Their evolution takes 2 colored dragons (and one other easy to obtain mat, just can't remember what it is). These evolved Pengdras give MAD XP.

Gold and metal dragons currently have no use other than bonus XP to their respective colored monsters. Gold also sell well.

The high/king dragons don't do anything but give mad XP. Use those as you see fit (suggested to use on their respective element to get the bonus%).

E: Beaten.

ToxicAdam

You could survive the bosses (provided you have about 6000 hps), but some of the mobs might eat you up if you can't put a lot of damage on them in a short amount of time. The Ogres hit really hard (but slowly) and the Demons and the Knights hit quickly.

So, if you get a bad mix of those, it could be over. Just keep an eye on their timers and don't be afraid to launch special attacks on mobs to get you out of situations.

TimeKillr

I wouldn't mind someone like Xelios as my friend lol

I don't have a gaf name, though. Maybe I should change it..

Anyway, my ID is 317,845,206. My leader is a shitty red dragon - I'm working to get better stuff...

ccbfan

Anyone know how ultimate evolution works?

When you evolve do you get to keep your level or do you go back to level one?

J0dy77

Yep, only good for experience. Think metal slimes.

Does color make a difference for experience gained using metal dragons? I'm trying to figure out why they have purple dragons every day and other colors 1 day a week? Makes it really hard to lvl none dark monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom