• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Kwhit10

Finally Tuesday, now I have those last few gold keepers to Evo mech zeus. Now I'm all ready for uvo radra to come over with the optimal team. Haven't played that style much since myr, Krishna, and ALB came on the scene, but it was the style I came up on in my lower ranks with UY and later Kali.

Bladelaw

New patch had no Ra Dragon. I'm sad.

The 2nd wave of YamaP random roll buffs is live though. Markab, Kurone, Sanada, and a few others got some buffs.

Aesnath

Kinda a disappointing update all things considered. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but it still feels a bit unimpressive overall. I do think it is odd that Ra dragon didn't get it's upgrade (not that it is particularly relevant to my life). I mean, I'm pretty sure that some other Revos from around that time have come out, so I guess they are saving the Ra dragon evo for something.

Despite all the rules and mechanics, RNG and playskill, the JP to NA update process continues to be the most baffling aspect to this game. I mean, what is the excuse for 3+ month delays on things. This whole tan update thing is messing with my life. I'd like to SI some things, but I'd rather have the new system than bother to level off-color inherits to level 99 for no good reason. Similarly, using tans for SI seems like a bit of a waste currently.

Bladelaw

Kinda a disappointing update all things considered. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but it still feels a bit unimpressive overall. I do think it is odd that Ra dragon didn't get it's upgrade (not that it is particularly relevant to my life). I mean, I'm pretty sure that some other Revos from around that time have come out, so I guess they are saving the Ra dragon evo for something.

Despite all the rules and mechanics, RNG and playskill, the JP to NA update process continues to be the most baffling aspect to this game. I mean, what is the excuse for 3+ month delays on things. This whole tan update thing is messing with my life. I'd like to SI some things, but I'd rather have the new system than bother to level off-color inherits to level 99 for no good reason. Similarly, using tans for SI seems like a bit of a waste currently.

I understand that it takes time to translate things and test the app with the new translations but that stat and awakening changes should just carry right over.

Aesnath

I understand that it takes time to translate things and test the app with the new translations but that stat and awakening changes should just carry right over.

Time for translation, sure. But 3 months for changes that amount to a few paragraphs of text? I mean, it isn't like the game goes out of its way to explain things. For the tan update, they will need to change a line of text on each tan (the same line) as well as like the random tip box when you beat a dungeon. I suppose it hasn't been three months yet. But I don't have confidence it won't be.

You are right about stat bumps/awakening changes, there is no real excuse. Moreover, with how fast the FF buffs came (about a month, I believe), it shows that the timeframe is at least somewhat arbitrary.

Maybe I'm too salty. But I feel like we are being screwed with for some reason. I feel like they must be saving Ra dragon for something, like maybe if they do the regular Radar dragon dungeons.

So my friend and I beat Machine Hera yesterday. Her LS seems like it would mow through just about anything but I don't see many people talking about using her. Is there some hidden downside to her I'm not seeing? What do people use her for?

b33r

So my friend and I beat Machine Hera yesterday. Her LS seems like it would mow through just about anything but I don't see many people talking about using her. Is there some hidden downside to her I'm not seeing? What do people use her for?

She used to be used to farm arena in co-op, but since the release of Mathena she has been pushed to the side.

I would be able to farm Z∞ so reliably if I could pull off 6 combos for two straight turns :(

not learning the game on a straight-up combo leader spoiled me I guess

Jagernaut

I would be able to farm Z∞ so reliably if I could pull off 6 combos for two straight turns :(

You can bypass that if you coop (1 team takes the delay, other brings laser) or bring a laser with 2 skill delay resist or long inherit.

W-00

Woohoo! Sarasvati just carried me to my highest ever score in a ranking dungeon! I know a rank of 34.2% is pretty pathetic compared to the ranks a lot of people here normally get, but I've never ranked above 50% before. If my rank even remotely holds that finally finishes the Legend and Mythical tier quests.

Silent_Z

Ok, so I've been running Arena with Anaphon and I'm 0 for 2 on Sopdet. It seems like the best things to do are combo as hard as possible with no cross, or make a cross and combo sub-attributes only. Anyone here ran this leader and have a preferred MO? Subs are currently 2x Satsuki, D/L Akechi, Yomidra

Silent_Z

Do you have Minerva? Match no red on combo shield turns -> match red on intermediate turns worked for me, could do similar with any other heavy dark resist team.

b33r

Ok, so I've been running Arena with Anaphon and I'm 0 for 2 on Sopdet. It seems like the best things to do are combo as hard as possible with no cross, or make a cross and combo sub-attributes only. Anyone here ran this leader and have a preferred MO? Subs are currently 2x Satsuki, D/L Akechi, Yomidra

That used to be my arena farming team until dark Kanna and now Aizen, so it's been awhile. But if I remember right, rows and prongs no heart cross until she's in dark and then heart cross and 3 dark match and hope for no skyfalls. It's definitely an annoying spawn for that team.

Bladelaw can correct me if I'm remembering wrong.

Do you have Minerva? Match no red on combo shield turns -> match red on intermediate turns worked for me, could do similar with any other heavy dark resist team.

I do have (unevo'd) Minerva but my Ilm team is much stronger so I tried running that with Minerva and he barely clips my total HP bar when I fail to make the combos :(

I would +egg more of my team but at this point I can just wait... I already cleared the dungeon once with Ronove, I was just looking at a reliable way to farm it (on L+).

I guess Scarlet is the more important of the descends right now given her usefulness for several of my fire cards and she's not hard with Ilm/ReMinerva.

Also I would love for GungHo to tell us what the next fusion bonus will be so I can know whether it's worth blowing all my DKali skillup fodder now.

unrealist

Will UUEVO Ra Dragon be as strong as the best cross leads (i.e. Myr and Kaede)?

Kanna's active gives x2 ATK to Gods & Dragons, does it mean it is x4 if the unit is both a God and Dragon?

b33r

I'm guessing you need to prong to get good damage out of Radra et al? A3 isn't on the radar for me at the moment so I haven't looked into builds and strategy.

I've only played a3 a bit, but it's basically a2 with a radar Dragon. Damage absorbs don't need to get good damage, so I'm sure you can not prong on them and be fine. Though there is always skyfall bs.

smbu2000

Well instead of making MHera, I decided to go for Yomi Dragon instead on both of my accounts.

d7Tkg0z.jpg

My first dungeon after that was to finally try MZeus and on my first try I cleared it (no continues), Yay!

I only made 7 combos, but I put Akuma Shogun's skill (fire, wood, jammer, poison to dark and plus 1 to combo count for 1 turn) on Sephiroth, which gave me 8 combos total.

My teams were main: YD/Sephiroth/Hades/Eschamali/Barbara
Sub: YD/DMeta/A.Ookuni/D.Kanna/Noctis

I used Hades' 25% gravity plus 5 second orb movement time, then Barbara's all board fire/dark plus 2.5x ATK for Dragon/Machine types. Took out MZeus in one shot.

I had Akuma Shogun's skill for an extra combo on my main side and Noctis' skill for an extra combo on my sub's side.

Now I can get to making RaDra on my main account as I picked up Zeus Dragon awhile back (had to use stones for it...) I'm thinking about using the extra MP I have on my sub to pick up RaDra for it too. (although I'd need to clear Zeus Dragon for it, too)

I also rolled once more on my main and picked up another Kenshiro. Why don't I get any FotN gold eggs on my sub...

Anyway, very happy to have MZeus cleared.

J0dy77

Finally used ALB for the first time yesterday with a bunch of MP runs of Gold Keeper. I was able to get all of the Gold Keepers I needed for Ra Dra. Now I just need to finish off the Zeus and Hera, a couple more zeus evolves, Sopdet and the gold dragon guy. Getting very close.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not buying Ra Dra the last time he was in the shop. Although, I do think he'll be added back when the evo is released so not too worried.

Bladelaw

That used to be my arena farming team until dark Kanna and now Aizen, so it's been awhile. But if I remember right, rows and prongs no heart cross until she's in dark and then heart cross and 3 dark match and hope for no skyfalls. It's definitely an annoying spawn for that team.

Bladelaw can correct me if I'm remembering wrong.

Pretty much this. Depending on how your team looks prongs might be dangerous (Satsuki) with too many combos. I haven't played a heart cross team that can consistently beat sopdet, even Ronove no cross gets trolled by skyfall pretty hard.

Silent_Z

Pretty much this. Depending on how your team looks prongs might be dangerous (Satsuki) with too many combos. I haven't played a heart cross team that can consistently beat sopdet, even Ronove no cross gets trolled by skyfall pretty hard.

Thanks for the pointers, guys. Had a chance to try again today. Got murdered by skyfalls below 50%. I think I'm going to have to accept that there's a very good chance of losing to Sopdet.

I've done okay crossless with prongs. Below 50% it seems like I need to (A) not match more than two combos post cross and (B) not match TPA for light ever. My 297 Satsuki is loaded with ATK latents at the moment, which is great for everything else in the world, but seems make Sopdet extra delicate.

saichi

I haven't really kept up with the new meta game so I have some questions.

1. It looks like Ronove is a popular lead right now. Should I build a rainbow with him or more wood based team but cover all colors? Would the team be better than A. DQXQ team?
2. I uv my Ilm and made a team with Wukong, A. Sakuya, A. Minerva, Saria. Should I always pair with another Ilm or A. Minerva?
3. I finally got Zuoh and Akechi. Is A. Pandora team still good? Should I still work on those 2 and throw them on my A. Pandora team (A. Pandora, A. Lucifer, A. Persephe, DD Pandora, A. Okuni)?

W-00

1. It looks like Ronove is a popular lead right now. Should I build a rainbow with him or more wood based team but cover all colors? Would the team be better than A. DQXQ team?
2. I uv my Ilm and made a team with Wukong, A. Sakuya, A. Minerva, Saria. Should I always pair with another Ilm or A. Minerva?
3. I finally got Zuoh and Akechi. Is A. Pandora team still good? Should I still work on those 2 and throw them on my A. Pandora team (A. Pandora, A. Lucifer, A. Persephe, DD Pandora, A. Okuni)?

1. The ideal Ronove team is Ronove/Kaede/Kaede/Ragnarok Dragon/Rozuel/Ronove. I haven't played with him, but I'd say that the most important part (besides color coverage) are skills that make hearts.
2. The most popular pairing with Ilm nowadays is Reincarnated Minerva.
3. Pandora, sadly, is far from top tier these days, but it isn't like the amount of content she can clear has gone down - there's just so much new stuff. She's still good for plenty of content. I'd work on them.

1. Better than ADQXQ because heart cross shield and higher multiplier. Not sure about rainbow vs. monogreen but I'd guess rainbow is better so you don't need to stall or use actives for wood to deal damage.

2. Depends on the content you are tackling. Ilm/Ilm is glass cannon (similar to ADQXQ) whereas Ilm/Revo Minerva is tankier. Also depends on how much of the dungeon is resisted by Minerva.

3. APandora can still clear probably all descended dungeons except those that have come out in recent months so she's not obsolete by any means. She will have a harder time of it though than newer teams. I still use her to farm evo dungeons and stuff because it's pretty mindless. Regardless though, Zuoh/Akechi combo together to make an ideal board for any dark row team so investing in them won't be a waste.

I only pair Ilm with Minerva if the resist is worthwhile, because Ilm/Ilm is way more fun and Minerva is a totally irrelevant card vs. Blue/Green. I have a semi-haste system with Dragon Killer Tsubaki, 2x Saria, and Gadius and it's just nonstop crazy damage and RCV, provided you don't get wiped out in a single hit. Fun lead.

Dragon Killer Tsubaki has me paying a lot more attention to Killer Awakenings, especially those with two or more.

My friend and I were cooping Machine Hera with Krishna and working on floor 4, water dragon dude with >million dmg absorb. After the 10 turns of damage absorb were up he hadn't hit us with his big attack yet, which was weird, and did his -50% dmg for 1 turn instead. He had around 4mil HP left and my friend was going to use an active on his turn so I just matched 2 sets of 3 red with a couple combos, thinking I would just tickle him a bit because water and -50% dmg.

I ended up killing it.

I also broke Z8's first form's 10mil defense with only 2 red combos. They were both rows but I still wasn't expecting it.

TL;DR - I've now realized how insane killer awakenings are and I really want Aten.

Aesnath

Dragon Killer Tsubaki has me paying a lot more attention to Killer Awakenings, especially those with two or more.

My friend and I were cooping Machine Hera with Krishna and working on floor 4, water dragon dude with >million dmg absorb. After the 10 turns of damage absorb were up he hadn't hit us with his big attack yet, which was weird, and did his -50% dmg for 1 turn instead. He had around 4mil HP left and my friend was going to use an active on his turn so I just matched 2 sets of 3 red with a couple combos, thinking I would just tickle him a bit because water and -50% dmg.

I ended up killing it.

I also broke Z8's first form's 10mil defense with only 2 red combos. They were both rows but I still wasn't expecting it.

TL;DR - I've now realized how insane killer awakenings are and I really want Aten.

Yeah, my daughter just got her rank 250 roll and ended up with Tsubaki. Since I have one, we have discovered that we can now, relatively easily, scoot through Zerog8 thanks to the dragon killers. Anyway, it might actually represent a legitimate way of farming MP for us.

I also suspect that this will have bearing on how and when to use killer latents. Rather than trying to add killers to something already solid (like, IDK, devil-killer to Plum), we will be much better off trying to min-max them when possible. In other words, find something OK with devil killer, and of the appropriate type, then add two similar latents, thus providing x6.75, which is pretty significant. If one is willing to bother with a sixth slot it improves to x10.125, I believe. Also, Mito becomes really scary with her dual devil-killers and ability to use devil killer latents, with x20.25 with two latents and x30.375 with three. Sure, those latents aren't super common, but it will be silly if anyone ever sets it up. Just something I've been thinking about.

I have 7 Tsubakis so I've considered making an army of Dragon Killers for the kinda-niche purpose of giggling like a schoolgirl at any dragon dungeon. Haven't done it since a Tsubaki system doesn't typically have the kind of tank I need and isn't up there in the meta enough to run co-op.

Aesnath

I have 7 Tsubakis so I've considered making an army of Dragon Killers for the kinda-niche purpose of giggling like a schoolgirl at any dragon dungeon. Haven't done it since a Tsubaki system doesn't typically have the kind of tank I need and isn't up there in the meta enough to run co-op.

I would totally run it with R. Minerva or Anima co-op for some dungeons. Although, seven does seem like a lot to keep.

b33r

Was just trying to beat arena 2 on my JP account and ended up with Lakshmi, but I had 2 jammers left from a previous spawn. Her floor is generally fun, but that equals game over. I hate arena 2.

W-00

Oh, hey, we're getting Elia and Grisar invades again starting Friday. I don't think we've had those since before I managed to get my first Myr.

3x skill-up rates seem awfully 'meh' now, but I guess I'll take them.

Rather annoying that it will be yet another week before we get either the NY or Heroine REMs, though. I understand that the NY REM has some content that's new even in JP, but we're well overdue for the Heroines now, aren't we?

At least there will be daily stones.

saichi

1. The ideal Ronove team is Ronove/Kaede/Kaede/Ragnarok Dragon/Rozuel/Ronove. I haven't played with him, but I'd say that the most important part (besides color coverage) are skills that make hearts.
2. The most popular pairing with Ilm nowadays is Reincarnated Minerva.
3. Pandora, sadly, is far from top tier these days, but it isn't like the amount of content she can clear has gone down - there's just so much new stuff. She's still good for plenty of content. I'd work on them.

1. Better than ADQXQ because heart cross shield and higher multiplier. Not sure about rainbow vs. monogreen but I'd guess rainbow is better so you don't need to stall or use actives for wood to deal damage.

2. Depends on the content you are tackling. Ilm/Ilm is glass cannon (similar to ADQXQ) whereas Ilm/Revo Minerva is tankier. Also depends on how much of the dungeon is resisted by Minerva.

3. APandora can still clear probably all descended dungeons except those that have come out in recent months so she's not obsolete by any means. She will have a harder time of it though than newer teams. I still use her to farm evo dungeons and stuff because it's pretty mindless. Regardless though, Zuoh/Akechi combo together to make an ideal board for any dark row team so investing in them won't be a waste.

I only pair Ilm with Minerva if the resist is worthwhile, because Ilm/Ilm is way more fun and Minerva is a totally irrelevant card vs. Blue/Green. I have a semi-haste system with Dragon Killer Tsubaki, 2x Saria, and Gadius and it's just nonstop crazy damage and RCV, provided you don't get wiped out in a single hit. Fun lead.

Thanks guys.

I do have Reincarnated Minerva as well (not just Awoken one). Should I throw her in my Ilm team or use Gadius? If I pair with a Reincarnated Minerva, is there really a need for two of them?

Also, I got Kaede recently so I will throw him on the Ronove team along with Rozuel and Reincarnated Parvati. I just need a 5th to cover dark and hopefully with good active. Would Satsuki make sense?

smbu2000

Well it's been so long since I've really used a YD team, that I totally forgot that he needs characters with God typing to really take advantage of his power. I'm totally surprised that I was able to clear MZeus with so many non-gods on my team.

After subbing in more Gods on my teams I tried out Ultimate Descended Rush!, not the first one with 5 floors which I cleared awhile back, but the second one with 8 floors. I managed to clear it on my first try with my YD teams.

Also forgot that I passed 1150 days on my main account last week and I'm close to 1100 days on my sub account.

Right now I'm trying to put together a team to help my gf get through Hera Dragon (and later MHera) so she can uuvo her YD.

Thanks guys.

I do have Reincarnated Minerva as well (not just Awoken one). Should I throw her in my Ilm team or use Gadius? If I pair with a Reincarnated Minerva, is there really a need for two of them?

Also, I got Kaede recently so I will throw him on the Ronove team along with Rozuel and Reincarnated Parvati. I just need a 5th to cover dark and hopefully with good active. Would Satsuki make sense?

I prefer Gadius simply for the haste and the guaranteed activation of the active, even though he creates a junk color -- to me I feel it's more worthwhile than a defense break and red creation, even on the low cooldown she has. But YMMV and it's more about personal taste, I guess.

I use Ryune to cover dark on my Ronove because that's the most difficult color for me as well, but Satsuke should be fine provided you have enough heartmakers. I think she's considered somewhat less ideal because she doesn't make hearts and junk clearing isn't a high priority for subs when Ronove/Ronove can do it every 2 out of 3 turns, but if she's plussed and everything it should be fine.

Other dark coverage subs I've seen: A.Freya, Sherias Roots, Linthia (you can pop Ronove after to turn the junk into green), Hades, etc.

Aesnath

Are we for sure getting the EU event? I didn't see it announced on FB, so I was a bit unsure. I guess we aren't getting an REM or godfest, huh. When I last bought stones, I bought more than I needed (bulk!), and I have been steady clearing stuff, so now I have about 50 stones burning a hole in my pocket.

Thanks guys.

Honestly, despite using Minerva quite a bit as a lead, she isn't a very good sub on most teams. I'm with Moblin, Gadius is likely the better pick.

Bladelaw

Are we for sure getting the EU event? I didn't see it announced on FB, so I was a bit unsure. I guess we aren't getting an REM or godfest, huh. When I last bought stones, I bought more than I needed (bulk!), and I have been steady clearing stuff, so now I have about 50 stones burning a hole in my pocket.

Honestly, despite using Minerva quite a bit as a lead, she isn't a very good sub on most teams. I'm with Moblin, Gadius is likely the better pick.
It's extremely rare we don't get an EU announced event. NA is usually just late to the party in announcements.

Silent_Z

I feel like I'm going to spend a very, very long time in Hera Ur 5x4, need 19 more fire resists for the Minerva team. Hoping the invade rate isn't too awful, or that there might be bonus invade rate days.

b33r

I feel like I'm going to spend a very, very long time in Hera Ur 5x4, need 19 more fire resists for the Minerva team. Hoping the invade rate isn't too awful, or that there might be bonus invade rate days.

Yeah I want a bunch of dark resists, so Izanami for me.

W-00

So our 11 Million Downloads event is the same as the EU Winter Fantasy but renamed? Or am I missing something?

Oh well, free stones are free stones.

Top Bottom