• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 - All Collated Information So Far

E3 eh? What a week, did you miss information from one of the best announcement of the show? You did? Well fear not, I've been stalking the net for as much information as I could collect. Please thank me in donations in the form of chocolate coins.

Boxart

391-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-2-boxart_1434420698.png

Price: $60 as opposed to the original being $40 (Although the original at launch had far less content).

Comes out at the same time on XB/PS4/PC

Out in the spring 2016 timeframe

Key points

All DLC content to be made avaible free
Can play any mode in split screen (as opposed to one in the original game)
Can play any mode solo against AI bots
12 new Maps
Over 100 variant characters (40 being new)
Can transfer unlocked PvZ1 characters ( not all, but most, I assume licencing issues with Cheetos and Aquafresh being the ones that can't transfer)
14 classes
New 24 player Herbal Assault mode
Garden Ops as Zombies this time,named graveyards ops, but garden ops also returns
Sticker packs returns
Will be available in a standard and delux edition (delux edition gives you 3 characters, one being random and some coins to get started)

map.jpg

Maps

Zomboss Factory, this level features warps that take you to a different areas in the level.

Time Travel Park, this level also features warps, but instead they take you to different time periods instead!

Also teased were a snow themed level, and a level set on the moon featuring zero gravity.

Generally, maps in the sequel are going to be larger with more areas to explore.

Characters

The game will have 40 new characters/variants, and with the ability to bring in most GW1 characters, over a 100 is promised.

14 Classes overall (6 being new).

Zombies

Imp and Z-Mech

mech.png

The smallest and most agile of the zombies, Imp can double-jump, hover, and giggle his way to victory. Two automatic Imp Blasters don't hurt either.

Z-Mech built with Z-Tech. Massive size, massive health, and massive damage are at your disposal as you unleash Imp's secret weapon.

Ability 1 IMPKATA
Ability 2 GRAVITY GRENADE
Ability 3 ROBO CALL
Z-Mech Ability 1 ROBO STOMP
Z-Mech Ability 2 MISSILE MADNESS
Z-Mech Ability 3 EXPLOSIVE ESCAPE

You can exit the mech, however it will self destruct in the process.

Captain Deadbeard

deadbeard.png

Don’t let his crusty appearance fool you – this peg-legged captain has a trick weapon up his sleeve, which allows for pinpoint accuracy at long range, and a devastating blast up close. Yarr

Ability 1 PARROT PAL
Ability 2 BARREL BLAST
Ability 3 CANNON RODEO

Super Brainz

brainz.png

This hero has an offensive option for every occasion. Need to make an entrance and smash your way to victory? His three-hit punch combo has you covered. Need to make your mark from a distance? Look no further than his awesome hand laser.

Ability 1 HEROIC KICK
Ability 2 SUPER ULTRA BALL
Ability 3 TURBO TWISTER

Plants

New characters on the plant side are Citron, Rose and Kernel Corn, however their abilities haven't been revealed yet.

citron.png
rose.png
kernel.png

Modes

All modes can be played solo against AI, in split screen, or online.

Graveyards ops, Garden ops from the first game but in reverse, with plants attacking. Seems very similar and instead of plant pots you enable different type of turrets around the levels.

24 player herbal assault, unsure what this is right now, person really hoping for Rush.

Gardens and Graveyards returns.

Garden Ops returns.

Videos

E3 gameplay

15 min off screen gameplay

I would like to thank the Garden Warfare sub Reddit, and Attackofthefanboy as my sources.

Can't wait!

Update October 2015

How many new classes are there?

Six new character classes will lead the fight for Zomburbia - joining the original 8 to make 14 character classes in total, over 100 playable characters, including variants.

Will we see character variants from the first Garden Warfare in Garden Warfare 2?

Yes, almost all the character variants from the original Garden Warfare will return. The only exception being the four promotional characters: Berry Shooter, Citrus Cactus, Chester Chomper and Dr. Chester. There will also be new variants of the classes from the first Garden Warfare.

How does progression work?

Each of the 100+ character variants has their own progression. Now you can explore and play with a variety of characters and level them up along the way.

Custom games are in! Some option being tuning capture time, low gravity, and setting cooldowns for abilities.

They also revealed via twitter their snow map, visuals Kinda give me a fuzzy nostalgia feeling from the N64 days.

3XFqc8H.jpg

0pSy0rE.png

Walpurgis

Banned
Thanks for collecting this info! So many megatons this E3, it is easy to forget smaller titles like this one. I love Garden Warfare and I can't wait for this.
edit:
Key points

All DLC content to be made avaible free
Can play any mode in split screen (as opposed to one in the original game)
Can play any mode solo against AI bots
12 new Maps
Over 100 variant characters (40 being new)
Can transfer unlocked PvZ1 characters ( not all, but most, I assume licencing issues with Cheetos and Aquafresh being the ones that can't transfer)
14 classes
New 24 player Herbal Assault mode
Garden Ops as Zombies this time, renamed graveyards ops
Sticker packs returns
Will be available in a standard and delux edition (delux edition gives you 3 characters, one being random and some coins to get started)
These are megatons for me. I was really disappointed that split screen was limited to offline coop in horde mode. I am also very glad that they realise how important free DLC was to this game's success and are continuing with that. I love the character designs for this game (especially Citron) and love the humour. I also hope that Herbal Assault is Rush mode.

Too bad they still don't have a proper single player campaign.

bombshell

Thanks for this Elzar. It sounds much more fleshed out than the original, bigger maps, more modes, more classes etc.

Razyl

60 $? Don't know if it's a good idea. Yeah, it got more content overall but i guess the lower price was one keypoint for the success of PvZ: GW. Should be interesting to see if it's more or less succesfull as a full price game.

But thank god for free dlcs. Thats the other keypoint. And of course the fun gameplay :)

jesu

Day one for sure, loved the first one on 360.
Haven't played the X1 version as much but had a quick couple of games last week and it was still quite busy online.
Need to play some more now and get unlocking more characters.

Where are the "40 new characters" info from?

We already know there'll be 1 new variant for all of the existing classes, so that would mean only 32 characters for the remaining 6 new classes, with about 5 variants for each class. IMO it would be a shame if new classes only get around 5 variants, when the old will have about 8 each.

We already know there'll be 1 new variant for all of the existing classes, so that would mean only 32 characters for the remaining 6 new classes, with about 5 variants for each class. IMO it would be a shame if new classes only get around 5 variants, when the old will have about 8 each.

Saw it on reddit but the source is here:

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/15/i...e-zombies-hold-off-swarms-of-plants-hands-on/

Bessy67

A lot of the current variants were added as free DLC though, I could see them doing the same with GW2.

Either way, I'm really excited for this. The first one is probably my favorite MP game so far this generation.

A lot of the current variants were added as free DLC though, I could see them doing the same with GW2.

Either way, I'm really excited for this. The first one is probably my favorite MP game so far this generation.

True

If only I could remember how many variants launched with the game

FHIZ

Oh, glad it's coming out on all platforms at the same time, kept looking for that info but couldn't find it. With the larger amount of stuff to unlock, I hope they fixed the economy in there, the insane amount of grinding you had to do in the first was the one thing I really didn't like.

Kas

I loved the first on PS4 and I played it a ton, but it did have issues, especially with the maps being too big with not enough players to fill them out.

Ill gladly get it day one if I can split-screen MP online. That would be perfect.

I loved the first on PS4 and I played it a ton, but it did have issues, especially with the maps being too big with not enough players to fill them out.

Ill gladly get it day one if I can split-screen MP online. That would be perfect.

Hopefully, more maps in G&G or herbal assault, which are then used for other fringe game types.

I absolutely loved the first one but $60....ouch. They must be confident it will sell well.

I guess they feel they're adding a lot more to the sequel than they did the original so a jump in price is warranted.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of shooters but I bought the original mainly because it was $40. I really enjoyed it and played a ton of it. At $60, I don't know if I'll jump in day one.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I only got the original when it was on sale for $20 and ended up really enjoying it but at the same time the lack of balance in some modes contributed to stopping within 30 hours. I'm definitely interested in the sequel if only because shooting with the Cactus felt exactly like shooting in Bad Company 2. The game modes just need to be compelling enough for me to stay

nampad

Splitscreen online is a big plus.
I guess it is only 2 player splitscreen but that's already better than most games.

SiDCrAzY

I need more gameplay footage. I've almost complete my stickerbook on the first game. After that just need to level up and get the last trophy.

Berordn

So we know for sure that Garden Ops isn't returning? That disappoints me a bit but Graveyard Ops looks just as good.

I guess that's true, but some classes having nearly twice as many variants as others still make me sad.

This new video: http://youtu.be/-zgRZtILaWU also shows that charactars can apparently heal up to 100% of their health now.

I guess that's true, but some classes having nearly twice as many variants as others still make me sad.

This new video: http://youtu.be/-zgRZtILaWU also shows that charactars can apparently heal up to 100% of their health now.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is Garden Warfare's BF4

Top Bottom