• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Q, Mikami, Suda 51 Partner with EA; so do Epic+People Can Fly

scarybore

Mikami eh? Look like this will be the first EA game I will have bought in a decade. EA really has had quite a turnaround in the last 2 years.

Kilrogg said:
I hate today's Epic Games, so I'll hope they won't screw the all thing.

Also, quite surprised there's a Wii version in the works, considering Epic Games' stance, but who am I to complain?

This is why the thread title needs an edit.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Fuck me EA, is this the same company I used to HATE all these years ago, producing such awesome? Ah well, there's always Ubi I suppose.
BirdFlu said:
YAY MORE SUBPAR GAMES
You, me, outside, NOW.
maxmars said:
I don't know if it's a bad thing. Epic Games was totally out of place in that list.
Yeah, in fact it just makes this double awesome, 2 new IPs being made by 2 sets of awesome dev teams, I can't wait for more details on both, good stuff EA!
NutJobJim said:
EA games is turning into my favourite publisher.

This news is mindblowingly mindblowing.
Fix for my case, seriously EA, who cranked up the awesome?

Amir0x

Banned
Shiggy said:

Sarcasm? Painkiller is one of the best "pure" FPS in years, continuing the fine tradition of Quake and Serious Sam. The stake gun is LITERALLY the best thing since sliced bed. Epic + People Can Fly = fucking great news and WILL BUY.

Suda 51 is the maker of such crap like NO MORE HEROES, bug filled romps into hell studiously supported by sub-10fps overworlds and bouncing off cars and tedious chore mini-games, atrocious esoteric geek humour and one-note gimmick repetition battle systems.

I am now required to say I respect your opinion and your right to disagree, and am not in the mood to argue about it.

Draft

Oh my fucking GOD.

Action horror from Mikami and Suda51? Oh my fucking GOD.

EA destroys all other publishers.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Amir0x said:
Sarcasm? Painkiller is one of the best "pure" FPS in years, continuing the fine tradition of Quake and Serious Sam. The stake gun is LITERALLY the best thing since sliced bed. Epic + People Can Fly = fucking great news and WILL BUY.

Suda 51 is the maker of such crap like NO MORE HEROES, bug filled romps into hell studiously supported by sub-10fps overworlds and bouncing off cars and tedious chore mini-games and one-note gimmick repetition battle systems.

I am now required to say I respect your opinion and your right to disagree, and am not in the mood to argue about it.
Ah Painkiller, the FPS that everyone (Bar the pro community) forgot, which is a shame, so yes, Epic + People Can Fly + EA = WTF TRUCK OF PURE SEX.

While I do like the style of No More Heroes (And Killer 7 for that matter), NMH lacked polish, lots of it, EA in its current form actually fills me with the confidence to say that this will not be a repeat.

I cannot wait for both titles, which I cannot believe I am saying, darn you EA! :/

Thomper

cjelly said:
What exactly is the EA Partners program?
Independant developers make game. Don't have publisher (MTV Games with Rock Band) or are ditching current publisher because they suck (iD with Rage). EA offers to take them in, only distributes and markets the game, asks money for it, doesn't get involved with development of the game itself. In the end, everybody wins.

Amir0x said:
Suda 51 is the maker of such crap like NO MORE HEROES, bug filled romps into hell studiously supported by sub-10fps overworlds and bouncing off cars and tedious chore mini-games, atrocious esoteric geek humour and one-note gimmick repetition battle systems.
do8212.gif

JCreasy

Are we sure this is real?

I don't see anyone else reporting it . . .

EA hasn't posted a press release on their site.

Do we have a second source for this?

Draft

I'm seriously at a loss over here.

Fact: Electronic Arts is the best videogame publisher. No one else even comes close to their output.

EA shits on every other publisher. It's just astounding.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
After reading the title "people can fly" I thought it turned out to be false :lol

Sadist said:
Most awesome news of the month August. Most definitely.
That avatar is awesome!

JCreasy said:

->
Electronic Arts just announced at their media briefing today in Redwood City that they are partnering with Suda 51 (No More Heroes) and Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil) to create a brand new game in patnership with Grasshopper. It'll be produced by Mikami, directed by Suda. Suda describes it as a mysterious, unique horror action game for PS3, 360, Wii, and PC. No more details past that. 'We are very honored and think this is a great opportunity for us,' said Suda. 'This game is dark, scary, and exciting. Stay tuned,' Mikami said. I'll be interviewing Suda and Mikami later today.
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/08/suda-51-shinji.html

Ranger X

hmmm.... EA knocking at the right door...

They truly look motivated to actually improving their library. That's nice to see.

But does that means Ubi is not longer publishing Marvelous Entertainment stuff??

[Nintex]

JCreasy said:

Wired among others, Kohler is also posting an interview today.

This can't be real or maybe these people got stories about multiple games and somehow accidentally mixed them all into one!

This would be the most absolute completely and utterly crazy (And awesome :D) partnership ever!

Edit: It's true :D Don't see any mention of Epic games though?

dude

dude
This is so, so awesome.

Maybe this was EA's master plan, rise to dominance with shit and then use all that money to pay back to society.

WrikaWrek said:
EA is signing everybody.

It just sucks, it's becoming overkill.

Because these games would be so much better if no one published them right?

The irony in all of this is that EA turning over a new leaf as a publisher is coinciding with them posting record losses.

Mikami is only producing. :\ Oh well, at least I'm excited about Suda 51. Hopefully he'll have a better budget or decent programmers, preferably both.

Azure J

Pai Pai Master said:
Where's Kojima on that list? Could've made it truly legendary.

Newcomer:
Miyamoto

(laughs)

Also, new EA scares me. It's like they're western Capcom this gen. :lol

WrikaWrek

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Because these games would be so much better if no one published them right?

The irony in all of this is that EA turning over a new leaf as a publisher is coinciding with them posting record losses.

Un?

Others would sign them....look EA signed ID(Rage), Valve, Crytek, and now EPIC, they bought Bioware and Pandemic, they wanted Rockstar. I mean, jesus christ, it's so bad for the industry imo, in a couple of years it will be just EA in the West, if this keeps up.

Top Bottom