• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Q, Mikami, Suda 51 Partner with EA; so do Epic+People Can Fly

dude

dude
ninj4junpei said:
Mikami is only producing. :\ Oh well, at least I'm excited about Suda 51. Hopefully he'll have a better budget or decent programmers, preferably both.
"Only"?

and the best part is that it's for everybody, so no fanboys arguing over this one*

*unless the wii version is a port made by one of the EA casual teams

JCreasy

Wow this is real.

It's like Jerry Bruckheimer teaming up with Stanley Kubrick.

This is gonna be interesting . . .

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Stormbringer said:
->
Electronic Arts just announced at their media briefing today in Redwood City that they are partnering with Suda 51 (No More Heroes) and Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil) to create a brand new game in patnership with Grasshopper. It'll be produced by Mikami, directed by Suda. Suda describes it as a mysterious, unique horror action game for PS3, 360, Wii, and PC. No more details past that. 'We are very honored and think this is a great opportunity for us,' said Suda. 'This game is dark, scary, and exciting. Stay tuned,' Mikami said. I'll be interviewing Suda and Mikami later today.
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/08/suda-51-shinji.html
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

Tiktaalik

Damn I'm really interested to see what Suda 51 can do with a budget. I feel like all his games have been hampered so far by mostly technical issues, so with EA's oversight, money and help we might get a super polished Suda 51 game.

Gwanatu T

gregor7777 said:
Who is this new EA?

I agree, what is happening here? EA is all of a sudden publishing all kinds of awesome! I hope this new PCF game is as awesome as Painkiller, and let's not even start on how awesome it is to have Q, Mikami and Suda all making games with EA's crazy money. Holy crap in a bag.

jay

I'm excited but skeptical. Too much talent can be a bad thing. What did Mustaine and Hetfield give us when they worked together? Metal Militia :(

gutshot

So the fact that this is EA Partners publishing the Suda51 game means that the budget will still come out of Grasshopper's pocket right? So the dream of a big-budget Suda game still remains unfulfilled?

Suda, Mikami, and Epic?
THIS IS MADNESS!

starchild excalibur said:
Man, this must be Bizarro world because I've actually been respecting EA a lot as of late.

Same here man. It's weird, but I cannot ignore quality.
Other developers with tarnished reputations should be taking notes here.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The irony in all of this is that EA turning over a new leaf as a publisher is coinciding with them posting record losses.

To be honest, Riccitiello's lasted a lot longer than I thought he would've. He's fighting for good games, and not just regurgitated stuff every year. Unfortunately, that hurts EA's bottom line.

I seriously hope it begins to pay off for them.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Suda + Mikami + Q + EA providing the money = :O

I've never actually bought an EA game I think...

I wonder which version will be best though? Wii or HD?

Wow, EA has earned my respect with this and Dead Space.

I seriously can't wait for this! I'm definitely interested in the Wii version, though. Suda did a graet job with NMH.

Sciz

I just bought Painkiller and Yahtzee was right about everything, so I'm more than interested in anything new from People Can Fly. Good to see that they apparently get to work on their own ideas, rather than being Epic Jr.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
maybe someone at EA, or Mikami, can temper Suda's creativity into an actually fun/good game, for once.

dionysus

Yaldog
Amir0x said:
Sarcasm? Painkiller is one of the best "pure" FPS in years, continuing the fine tradition of Quake and Serious Sam. The stake gun is LITERALLY the best thing since sliced bed. Epic + People Can Fly = fucking great news and WILL BUY.

Suda 51 is the maker of such crap like NO MORE HEROES, bug filled romps into hell studiously supported by sub-10fps overworlds and bouncing off cars and tedious chore mini-games, atrocious esoteric geek humour and one-note gimmick repetition battle systems.

I am now required to say I respect your opinion and your right to disagree, and am not in the mood to argue about it.

This. Suda is going to bring down this partnership with atrocious gameplay and fucking terrible throwback game design that should have died out in the 80s.

EA should just throw money at Mikami and contract him to head one of their internal teams for a couple of games.

Linkhero1

comedy bomb said:
Yeah, this makes number three doesn't it?

I can only hope for a fourth
NMH2 PLZ
Did Suda say he was working on 3 games only? Can you bring me up to date please.

btw I want NMH2 too xD

Top Bottom