• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Qanon

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
First time I am hearing about this but this is really a thing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon#Beliefs

QAnon adherents believe that Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, George Soros, and other high-level officials are planning a coup while simultaneously involved as members of an international child sex trafficking ring. According to this idea, the Mueller investigation is actually a countercoup led by Donald Trump, who pretended to collude with Russia in order to hire Robert Mueller to secretly investigate the Democrats.[12]
This is just one of the more out there conspiracy theories.

FlyingHigh

Neo Member
Aug 2, 2018
When he didnt (couldnt) lock her up, folks started their own fanfic. It is just a LARP started by chans that duped old men into believing in fairy tails.

Guiberu

Jan 6, 2009
England
I was going to make a new thread, but figured this one will do.

What're peoples thoughts on this whole Qanon thing?

There's a site providing real-time updates from "Q" - https://qmap.pub

I've gone down a bit of a rabbit hole recently, what with the Epstein situation.

There are some...interesting coincidences.

Suggestion of something further happening on July 17th (the date of Mueller's testimony), and identities of Epstein "clients" being dropped on the 14th August, iirc.

The logical part of me says this is clearly all bollocks.

But there's also part of me that really wants it to be real :messenger_hushed:

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
I followed it hard last year. Way too many coincidences. I believe there is something to it.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2007
It's someone from 4chan fucking with people.

The "codes" are just someone mashing on a keyboard. Check out this twitter thread that goes into it:

Reactions: EviLore

Guiberu

Jan 6, 2009
England

The "codes" are just someone mashing on a keyboard. Check out this twitter thread that goes into it:

I dunno, man.

Some guy on Twitter saying he can't figure these numbers out != the numbers mean nothing.

I completely get the hesitance to give this stuff any credence.

As with everything though, I'd thoroughly suggest doing your own research before making a decision.

I'm not saying I'm a believer, but I am also in a position where I'm not just going to immediately write it off as bunk.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2007
I dunno, man.

Some guy on Twitter saying he can't figure these numbers out != the numbers mean nothing.

I completely get the hesitance to give this stuff any credence.

As with everything though, I'd thoroughly suggest doing your own research before making a decision.

I'm not saying I'm a believer, but I am also in a position where I'm not just going to immediately write it off as bunk.
The thing is he's saying he can more or less figure out where they come from. That there's patterns which suggest it's someone mashing on a keyboard in a way that they think is random but actually suggests human behaviour.

The keyboard heatmap for the codes from that thread is one of a few things that shows that:

Also, as unpopular as she may be, Angela Merkel is not Hitler's granddaughter.

Reactions: PkunkFury

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
QANON have a number of theories. they are very cryptic posts, and there are a number of people interpreting different things from them. the general theory is that it is someone on the inside, very high up, who is sending cryptic messages. main theory is that the Russia hoax is a media smokescreen, that agents on the inside are working to take down high level crooked people, who aren't Trump. it's all pretty dubious stuff but fairly interesting.

as for specific claims, anytime i search the term on youtube, i get nothing but mainstream media talking about it, i would be weary on things you see posted online claiming to be the aims of this nebulous group. honestly, it's a group of online theorists trying to interpret mystery drops from a person supposedly very high up.

i wouldn't put too much stock in what Wikipedia says. the actual QANON stuff is still around but Youtube is cleaning it out like everything else these days. a lot of it is just really crazy cryptographic numerology insanity.

Last edited:

Guiberu

Jan 6, 2009
England
The thing is he's saying he can more or less figure out where they come from. That there's patterns which suggest it's someone mashing on a keyboard in a way that they think is random but actually suggests human behaviour.

The keyboard heatmap for the codes from that thread is one of a few things that shows that:
I read his thread.

"More or less" + stripping out words to generate a heatmap, of someone putting their hands on a keyboard, and typing a series of numbers.

It doesn't actually confirm anything more than that.

He's making some hefty guesses to draw his conclusions. Such as the the fact that the "perp" has to play an instrument, to account for the alternating directions, and how it only really works if you split the entries by hand in the first place.

He also goes on to say:

This could just as easily be some proprietary coding/encryption between Q and whoever is meant to be receiving these things.

Last edited:
Reactions: DKehoe

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
It's not real and too many real life things have happened that completely contradict QAnons narrative like Mattis resignation which is a big one. Mattis was supposed to be a key central figure in their whole narrative structure working with Trump.

Guiberu

Jan 6, 2009
England
This shit is so cringe. This accomplishes nothing but making conservatives look like nuts.
I always thought the Enigma Machine stories were rather cool.

And Numbers Stations continue to fascinate me, and many others, to this day.

Both very real, and not too dissimilar in concept.

It's not real and too many real life things have happened that completely contradict QAnons narrative like Mattis resignation which is a big one. Mattis was supposed to be a key central figure in their whole narrative structure working with Trump.
Can you expand on this? The index site only brings up two posts with vague references to "Mattis".

Last edited:

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
^ Basically in the Qanon narrative Mattis was supposed to be one the architects of the whole thing who supposedly approached Trump about taking down political deep state elites/billionaires.

Also Jeff Sessions being fired was another big thing that showed the whole thing was a sham since he was supposed to "the guy" prosecuting the cases against said elites.

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
All of this bullshit is fake ops by the deep state to distract people, and discredit more plausible "conspiracy" claims. (I hate that word, as it carries a whiff of discredit in its very use, but I wanted you all to know what I was talking about.)

A good example is the crazy shit about 9/11 bombing, steel melting temperatures and cgi planes....all so the public can laugh at the crazy "tin foil hat" people. But then anyone who brings up legitimate information about the very real connections between the hijackers and Saudi agents working with Mossad gets lumped in that category.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
It's a conspiracy theory for the imbeciles in society.

juliotendo

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2019
Mexico
Sorry but Q Anon is basically just Budweiser trailer trash conspiracy theories on nonsense websites and Internet forums by many people claiming to have “inside” intel on the political functions of the US Government. It’s all bullshit.

And I’m a conservative.

Reactions: TheGreatYosh

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
it's a good way to track the crazy people in your circle of family and friends

'ah yes, i see this person needs meds, i should go get some'

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
I don’t think Wikipedia is a good place to get this type of information.

Talk about the fox watching the hen house. You will not believe who is on the prosecution team in the Epstein case.
From the Washington Examiner:
The Justice Department team that is leading the prosecution of alleged child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein includes the daughter of former FBI Director James Comey…Maurene Comey

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland

Back in the day I was loading a C64 game and it didn't run. My cousin was with me and I pretended it's possible to run the game if I just know the right codes. Then I began to write some random bullshit as if it was some legit software running code and felt awesome as my cousin watched me try to "hack" the machine thinking I was for real.

I'm sure the dude behind those Q posts is having that exact same feeling to the absolute maximum.

• LOL
Reactions: Tesseract

PkunkFury

Jun 17, 2004
USA

Also, as unpopular as she may be, Angela Merkel is not Hitler's granddaughter.
hahaha he wanted dashes to make the codes look 'authentic', so he kept his right hand hovering over the number bar the whole time. How delightfully dumb

also, if we need any further evidence that Q is all hype: he uses QWERTY, gross

Last edited: