• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

QUAKE 4: The Dark Age of Id Software

I will suck Phil's dick if he relaunches this and finishes the expansion.

o0onTtX.gif
Gay Lgbt GIF by giphystudios2021

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Quake 4 was better than expected but worse than you'd hoped. Still one of the better Raven Software games.
Out of interest. In what way did folks think it fell short?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Quake 4 wasn't even made by id.

I thought it was pretty cool though. Especially THAT scene.

Last edited:
Quake 4 was alright, but a bit underwhelming compared to Quake 2 and 3, especially after Doom3. That being said, i was glad to experience it, and would love a Quake 5 single player game please. We don't have enough single player fps games.
Where is a game like quake, fear, nolf, rtcw, half life, painkiller, soldier of fortune, Black, killzone2, Bioshock, no where....

they don't exist in 2023 because AAA pubs don't see the $$$ volume they see in gaas and open world. It sucks as those games wouldn't take as long to make and wouldn't cost as much either. Hence they wouldn't need to sell as much to make a profit. Why they don't do it I don't know. Maybe they think the gen z kids won't be into it without gaas and social interactions ala fortnite. Meanwhile they leave the people with the most disposable keeping our money.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The problem with the original Prey is that you can’t buy it new on Steam. You can activate a key from a reseller though and download it through Steam. It’s legitimately brilliant.
Thanks. I will try it after I'm completed Q4.

Top Bottom