• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quakecon 2009 August 13-16

naib

I was hoping to go this year, but I fail at planning.
Live in ATX.

One query that someone may be able to either slap-down or kindle before this event gets into full swing:
What's going on with Wolfentein's MP? Does it even exist?

I miss RtCW.

edit: RtCW > RtCW:ET

Time to patiently wait for the Carmack keynote to show up. :D Can't wait to hear about his programming talks! They are always interesting and thought provoking.

[HP]

x3n05 said:
Carmack sounds like he would be great to work under, demanding but inspiring at the same time.

ahahah... you definitely do not read Master of Doom, have you!? :p
(Woa, I mentioned this book twice on the same day already)

Anyways, carmack apears to be a better person now, indeed! But you wouldnt like to met him in the doom2 / quake 1 days

senahorse

[HP] said:

Anyways, carmack apears to be a better person now, indeed! But you wouldnt like to met him in the doom2 / quake 1 days

I haven't but thanks for reminding me, it has been a gaming book I have been meaning to read for a long time. I guess, I should pick up a copy :D

Yeah, Masters of Doom is one of my favorite books ...seriously recommend it to anyone into gaming ...especially PC gaming.

I too miss RTCW =(

Maybe I should reinstall and run through the SP again

[HP]

AgentOtaku said:
I too miss RTCW =(

Maybe I should reinstall and run through the SP again

I did that a couple of months ago! Man, is that game good... :D
had some problems with resolutions though, since most of nowadays monitors are 16:10, idtech3 don't like that too much, so you might need to fiddle with the autoexec.cfg a bit to get it right.
Still, it still holds up quite well, and the environments are pretty badass. And the soundstrack... <3 Jebus.

I already pre-ordered the next wolfenstein, If It's 50% of it's predecessor, It's gonna be good.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
[HP] said:

Yeah i remember an interview were Carmack said that he was an egomaniac prick or something like that :lol
I think that he is more calm now. Is a freaking genius though.

peakish

Wow, Dahang dominated that one.

Good games so far, good casting by djwheat and Slasher as well. That's expected ofc :p

Edit: Woah, Carmack on the stream

Shit, I want to be there

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im using Firefox and i cant watch the stream :(
(Using Ubuntu by the way)

Zeliard

BiasedGamer said:
What a great speaker he is. I don't think anyone in the industry can match him in terms of being open and honest about things.

John Carmack has that Carl Sagan quality to him. I could listen to those two discussing the growth of grass and be enraptured for hours.

twofold

Dammit. I went for a run and ended up missing one of my most anticipated matchups of the tournament. Grr. I did get to see the final map, at least. Cypher is a beast!

Top Bottom