• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

QuakeCon: Elder Scrolls Online DLC packs to release quarterly

MattyG

Banned
mIarHre.png

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/624693648333099008

Assuming they stay consistent, assume we'll see the second major DLC pack sometime in very early 2016.

Updates:

Orsinium, our next #ESOTU DLC game pack, will be available in Fall 2015 with around 25 hours of new content. #QuakeCon

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/624705295768489984

The Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood will be two separate #ESOTU DLC game packs, scheduled for release in the first half of 2016! #QuakeCon

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/624705490979815424

Pop

They are trying to do a Realm Reborn

The problem is that this game has no charm
gray everywhere

Have played both. Still play ESO. I much prefer ESO.

This is great. I wonder if they all will have as much content as the one coming in Sep.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Oh very nice, seems like the console release breathed new life into the game. so Orsinium DLC on december?

Can't wait for Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild DLC.

Azzurri

Excellent news. Quarterly updates are such a great time median for content. It gives you about 3 months to do all the new stuff, depending how hardcore you are which will take time. Knowing a new update is every 3 months keeps people interested

Kudos to ZOS for improving ESO from a piece of crap to one of the better MMO's on the market

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So is the Imperial City worth getting for someone who doesn't touch PVP that much? Is there a non-PVP component to it at all? I haven't read much on it.

Looking forward to the "SP" quest expansions though, hopefully the population stays around, need me some Dark Brotherhood, and bear mounts!

Error

Nice to see F2P appears to be working for them. Still need to give this game a shot sometime.

it's not F2P you need to buy the game, it's like Guild Wars 2.

So is the Imperial City worth getting for someone who doesn't touch PVP that much? Is there a non-PVP component to it at all? I haven't read much on it.

Looking forward to the "SP" quest expansions though, hopefully the population stays around, need me some Dark Brotherhood, and bear mounts!
there's is PVE content in it, but it's mixed with PVP. It works like Cyrodiil.

Azzurri

They are trying to do a Realm Reborn

The problem is that this game has no charm
gray everywhere

At least it doesn't copy 99% of WoW. ;) Shots fired

Nah, you still have to buy it, but you're correct that it's free after the fact you paid for the game to play it. I mean you can find it for cheap on PC it was $12 on GMG.com

Error

I enjoyed what I played of ARR, but it's too tied to old MMORPG trappings and I got bored after reaching level 30. No freedom for builds, unless you play the class 100% faithfully and adhere to strict skill rotations you won't achieve maximum DPS so you have to use the same skill rotation over and over and over... Some people like that but it's just not for me anymore, also tab targeting auto-attack battle system is played out and not as involving as GW2 and ESO more action oriented systems.

ESO is not perfect, but it has manage to hold my attention this far which is feat when it comes to MMORPG. Having no monthly fees greatly help, I can play it at my own pace.

Azzurri

I enjoyed what I played of ARR, but it's too tied to old MMORPG trappings and I got bored after reaching level 30. No freedom for builds, unless you play the class 100% faithfully and adhere to strict skill rotations you won't achieve maximum DPS so you have to use the same skill rotation over and over and over... Some people like that but it's just not for me anymore, also tab targeting auto-attack battle system is played out and not as involving as GW2 and ESO more action oriented systems.

ESO is not perfect, but it has manage to hold my attention this far which is feat when it comes to MMORPG. Having no monthly fees greatly help, I can play it at my own pace.

Yea, it's a very well polished game, but YohsiP played it way to safe. I just hate how if you want to be the best you have to follow a strict rotation that does not change, unless you change the job. There is NO freedom what so ever, it's like I'm playing the game the way the devs want me to play, and not the other way around which I believe is the whole damn point of an MMO. I feel like a robot when I play, what's the fun in playing a game when I have to be the same as everyone else even down to how I play my class?

BizzyBum

Nice, lots of content coming.

I haven't PvP'd yet but the new Imperial City is a nice mix of PvP/PvE with actual penalties for dying as you lose an item introduced with the DLC so that should make it more tense.

I'm hoping the Thieves Guild and DB have good quests. After playing for a long time the quests just start becoming the same thing over and over again. There's the occasional gem, though.

MattyG

Banned
I hope their ultimate plan is to add 1 zone per pack and eventually fill the entire map out. I've always been a little disappointed that it wasn't ALL of Tamriel, but they could probably add zones one by one until it's all filled it.

Unfortunately this DLC will be sold through the Crown Store on consoles, meaning it will be account bound. So if someone else in your family plays ESO on the same console you do, if both of you want to play the DLC you'll have to buy it twice.

Top Bottom