• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic Dream: "Some great news coming in January!"

Jawmuncher

We knew it was coming for so long so it makes sense that it would be a Beyond Souls remaster before anything else. Might actually double dip on it though, really liked it on PS3 and it looked amazing there. So playing it on PS4 should be quite the looker.

Would be even better if Heavy Rain was included Day 1 if that happened.

Heavy Rain could use a remaster with all that atrocious screen tearing. However, I held off on Beyond, so I'm still waiting on that one.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
DRAGONBANE, I SUMMON THEE.

This is totally the Beyond remaster and I'm hyped because my waiting has not been in vain.

QD's new game will probably come E3.

I don't expect anything but Beyond Two Souls, which I despised on PS3 so I don't care if it comes to PS4.

Heavy Rain was great though.

Elios83

Remaster time obviously.....hoping Heavy Rain is included otherwise I'll pass.
Guess we'll have to wait until E3 for their original PS4 game =)

Faustus

Banned
PC gaming announcements in January......QD announcements same month.........

nMHyTSB.gif

Hexa

Watch them defy all expectation and it actually be a new game.
Naaaaaah. B2S Remaster

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Heavy Rain was a legitimately good game, better than any of the Telltale games by far. Story was wonky but man it was a great ride.

Beyond didn't look nearly as good for some reason, seemed like you couldn't get the story off the rails nearly as much as you could with Heavy Rain.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
PC gaming announcements in January......QD announcements same month.........

nMHyTSB.gif

I'd be equally hyped if their first games returned to Steam.

No way Heavy Rain or Beyond come to PC, considering Sony has the IP's.

Phreak47

I'm pressing F to pay respects. I suppose on the PS4 that would likely be X.

This entire story unfolding is like the world's slowest, most boring QTE ever.

Also, Ellen Paige is a cheap rip off of Ellie. Right down to being gay and everything.

prag16

Banned
Show me a new game, QD.

I liked Beyond. I liked Heavy Rain more. Though credit where it's due, Beyond is the only PS3 game I played which could conceivably be mistaken for a PS4 game. Looks incredible at times (not always).

But Cage pls. Show me a new game. Add to my reason to buy a PS4. So far all I have on my personal "must play" list is UC4 which isn't out for almost another year. :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm not sure if I'd rebuy a Beyond remaster standalone, despite liking it, but throw in Heavy Rain and you've got yourself a deal.

grimmiq

Games David Cage doesn't want you playing twice getting released again. I REALLY want this to come out close to Until Dawn..

I actually think it will be Beyond PS4 + New game teaser.

Anyway, I'd shit on David Cage more here, but I'll just say "enjoy it people who like their games."

MarkusRJR

David Cage is no longer a writer at Quantic Dream? They hired someone to edit his work at least? That's the only way I can care about their games after playing all of them. They have some of the best tech out there, but it's wasted on David Cage's writing and constant strange turns in the plot near the endings. They should let him work on directing and story on a conceptual level, then have decent writers move on from there.

Still annoyed at how bad the writing is in Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain and Beyond (particularly the bad twists and insane blow out of ridiculous sci-fi elements that happen in the latter half of his games). Ruined all of the games for me.

Ishan

a heavy rain + beyond would be a great idea. Just beyond .... dunno. ... but then again their staff are probably busy with their new game also

Phreak47

With all the advanced leaked info that's been out for months, it would be kind of ridiculous to tease "something big" next month and then have it only be that. I'm going with the one-two punch of BTS PS4 and something else.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
David Cage is no longer a writer at Quantic Dream? They hired someone to edit his work at least? That's the only way I can care about their games after playing all of them. They have some of the best tech out there, but it's wasted on David Cage.

Still annoyed at how bad the writing is in Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain and Beyond (particularly the bad twists and insane blow out of ridiculous sci-fi elements that happen in the latter half of his games). Ruined all of the games for me.

He still is, but there are new writers, their next game will be from them, if I recall correctly.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Whatever it is, if it includes an interactive version of the Dark Sorceror tech demo, that'd be legitimately great news to me

Top Bottom