• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break first Review by Jim Sterling

8.5/10

Quantum Break is not the most revolutionary of games, and its box of time toys cover what is, at heart, a fairly standardized shooter. However, it carries itself with style and speed to create something genuinely fascinating to play, flavored by a story that, while failing to pay off in the final stretch, is more detailed and engrossing than most in its league.

The Xbox One may have failed to live up to its dreams of being a cross-media entertainment portal, but we got Quantum Break out of it, and that’s just fine by me.

Welp, he probably pulled the trigger too early, deleted his tweet.

aravuus

Great score, although it's clear our views don't exactly match after his Fallout 4 review so I'm not gonna think about it too hard.

Freeman76

I know a lot of people swear by his reviews but i think the bloke is a total bellend, so will wait for other sources before deciding on a purchase.

Fardeen

whats the deal with everyone pushing the button early, first gamespot, now jim. not that im complaining its seriously funny how embargos are being broken lol

"It becomes clear that the TV stuff just isn’t as fleshed out as it could have been, and that the steam ran out before it was wrapped up efficiently. I can’t help feeling one other episode of the show was intended to be included before the final level, because the hurried way in which characters are written out or straight up forgotten is beyond noticeable."

That's a little bit disappointing. Good score, nonetheless.

foxbeldin

Goddamn you bastards move quick.

PlCp9Cz.gif

Love you Jim.

whats the deal with everyone pushing the button early, first gamespot, now jim. not that im complaining its seriously funny how embargos are being broken lol

Because many sites seem to treat embargoes like deadlines. Usually it is a race to get the review up on time to meet the embargo (when it may be better just to wait scribe a better review). Due to the early delivery of review code for this one (weeks ahead of time), and the likelihood that many review already written, many places must be like kids with a cookie hovering over the publish button.

Chobel

It looks like the TV stuff didn't add anything to the experience more like actually hurt it. Not really surprised though, they should have used the old fashioned animated CG.

Top Bottom