• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay Teaser, delayed to 2015, debut at Gamescom

Next time any game has a new trailer/teaser, I'm going to go into the discussion thread and post still images of scenes from the previous trailer, asking or implying that the segment that wasn't shown again is somehow missing, much like a dog or baby might believe something obscured from its view has disappeared from existence.

Or I won't, because I'm not a baby or a dog, and the premise is ridiculous. If that wasn't the intended purpose of your post, tossing a few extra syllables might help others understand you.

It looks impressive, though I'm curious about the scale of each playable scenario. Alan Wake had some surprisingly vast zones (probably a carry-over from its original open-world engine design), but I wonder if these will be along the lines of a series of crime scenes with overlapping events (paradoxes?) that you're influencing with the time mechanic.
I mean to say as far as that original demo compares the lighting seems to have taken a massive downgrade, the image quality and perhaps even the models too. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I think the lighting and animation it top notch on this. The Order looks great as well but not as good as this. I think the lighting in this is better.

I respect your opinion but that doesn't seem even remotely the case to me. I could understand loving the art aesthetic more but I'm not seeing anything stand out about the lightning. It looks more along the level of Infamous's visual fidelity than it does The Order.

The Order really is I think leaps above it

jonno394

The reasons to buy an Xbone keep mounting. E3 week will be interesting, give me at least one BIG third party exclusive and my money will be heading MS way that very week.

Ape

Banned
I've been watching this a few times, lots of good stuff in this trailer. One of my top games that I'm looking forward to. Really curious as to what Microsoft has in store for E3.

I continue to be annoyed by these snippets of gameplay that don't show jack shit. SHOW us your friggin games devs, or don't show us anything at all.

VaizardNL

Banned
Damn, really excited to see proper gameplay in August. Already love how they bring these sort of teasers with real life and CG mixed together.

Gbraga

I guess that woman who stormed the room in the 2013 E3 trailer is Beth Wilder.

If this game really has no relation to Alan Wake whatsoever, I'm not sure if naming characters Beth Wilder and Paul Serene is an awesome easter egg or a cruel way to mess with me.

My brain says awesome easter egg, but my heart is broken.

Don't get me wrong it looks great! but it doesn't have the same level of detail and fidelity as the reveal, and some of the scenes looked OK while others were more impressive, but overall it looks like how i would explain from a Next gen linear-cinematic game, no more and no less, and I'm sure that down the line it will only get better.

The reveal showed a in engine cutscene. This is actual gameplay running on X1, so that probably why it looks slightly less impressive.
But seeing as the game is still over a year away from release, I wouldn't be surprised if the final product looks a bit better.

cheezcake

I think the lighting and animation it top notch on this. The Order looks great as well but not as good as this. I think the lighting in this is better.

Animation seems better so far in this but I'd hesitate to make a judgement without continuous gameplay footage. Lighting is much better in The Order though, but I do prefer the aesthetic style of QB.

SystemBug

I respect your opinion but that doesn't seem even remotely the case to me. I could understand loving the art aesthetic more but I'm not seeing anything stand out about the lightning. It looks more along the level of Infamous's visual fidelity than it does The Order.

The Order really is I think leaps above it

If they are using an updated Alan Wake engine, then all of the lighting should be done in real-time.

nib95

Banned
Ryse does look amazing. QB does look to have the edge to me. Advanced lighting, chromatic aberration. Very nice.

I wish we could see more of it.

Really? I think people forget what the lighting actually looks like in those top tier games. QB isn't quite there yet. Just a quick rough comparison.
quantumbreak_gameplay1eu2l.jpg

ibmRIDLYRUAaDj.jpg

quantumbreak_gameplayajugx.jpg

1920x-1

Anyway, different strokes.

Really? I think people forget what the lighting actually looks like in those top tier games. QB isn't quite there yet. Just a quick rough comparison.

Anyway, different strokes.

Yeah see that is Infamous level of quality to me. Amazing but nothing ground breaking.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Quantum Break definitely looks like it has a more advanced version of the 'every light is a volumetric light' engine from Alan Wake.

For instance if you look at this screen:

The muzzle flash from the guy hiding behind the crate in the background looks like a volumetric light.

VaizardNL

Banned
thdN6Ut.jpg

Curious what that white pop-up thingy is near the enemies arm. Sorry for the terrible youtube screenshot, but quality isn't important for what I am curious about =)

shinnn

loved that part he is sliding inside a container and the world outside is freezed

Looks like you can grab the enemies weapons?
itm1TcvbplUKb.jpg

I could listen to Sam Lake talk all day, that guy just exudes charisma like few others in the industry.

Pretty shocked that the game isn't getting some air time at E3. It does look good though based on that small amount of footage, and I'll always love me some Remedy... so yeah, maybe I'll purchase me an Xbox One at some point next year when this comes out.

Flipyap

Max Payne, Alan Wake, Jack Choice. I'd really like to know the guy/gal behind these name.
Sadly, that's "Jack Joyce". I was really excited for this game when Sammy Lakey introduced its protagonist as Chuck Choice - it sounds like the exact kind of Remedy Stupid I want from them. His actual name isn't nearly as good.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Looks very cool! I only wished they showed again the interaction between your character and the stuff stuck mid-explosion as you walk through it. That is in particular stuck out to me as a really nice visual element from the reveal.

Year of the "Wait till 2015!". Was hoping to play it this year, but Sunset Overdrive will hopefully tide me over this holiday. I would have liked to have seen some clearer straight gameplay, but from what I could see it looks pretty cool. The graphics are still pretty awesome.

Gbraga

Sadly, that's "Jack Joyce". I was really excited for this game when Sammy Lakey introduced its protagonist as Chuck Choice - it sounds like the exact kind of Remedy Stupid I want from them. His actual name isn't nearly as good.

NOOOOO I want Jack Choice

Fix this shit, Remedy.

Top Bottom