• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay Teaser, delayed to 2015, debut at Gamescom

Sendou

YouTube Vimeo (Gameplay starts at 1:20)

We’re excited to announce that Remedy will be presenting the first ever live demo of Quantum Break’s time-amplified gameplay at Gamescom in August. Launching in 2015, Quantum Break will deliver an unprecedented fusion of cinematic gameplay and high-quality, live-action storytelling – exclusively on Xbox One.

source: http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-gameplay-teaser/

Quantum Break won't arrive on Xbox One before 2015, and don't expect any new gameplay to be shown off at E3 either.

That's according to developer Remedy Entertainment's Sam Lake, who revealed fresh details about the game in a new video, and also promised we'd see more of the title at Gamescom in August.

"We are working hard to bring you an entertainment experience like no other," he said. "Quantum break will be out in 2015. I’m very excited to tell you that we’ll be presenting Quantum Break’s time-amplified action gameplay for the first time ever in August at Gamescom."

Elsewhere in the video, Lake explained how the upcoming cinematic action game would interact with the live action show that's also planned.

"The game is about heroes, the show is about villains," he revealed. "In the game you play Jack Choice in a desperate fight to stop the fracture, that threatens to cause the end of time. In the show, in the style of a modern TV series you follow the schemes and power play inside Monarch – the corporation that’s Jack’s main enemy."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/quantum-break-release-date-slips-to-2015

New screenshots from Remedy's website:

quantumbreak_gameplay1eu2l.jpg
quantumbreak_gameplayajugx.jpg
quantumbreak_gameplayd8ujf.jpg
quantumbreak_gameplayoguuo.jpg

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Think we all saw this delay coming. There's no way Remedy were gonna get this out the door in under 5 years :)

S¡mon

Banned
Quantum Break won't arrive on Xbox One before 2015, and don't expect any new gameplay to be shown off at E3 either.

That's according to developer Remedy Entertainment's Sam Lake, who revealed fresh details about the game in a new video, and also promised we'd see more of the title at Gamescom in August.

"We are working hard to bring you an entertainment experience like no other," he said. "Quantum break will be out in 2015. I’m very excited to tell you that we’ll be presenting Quantum Break’s time-amplified action gameplay for the first time ever in August at Gamescom."

Elsewhere in the video, Lake explained how the upcoming cinematic action game would interact with the live action show that's also planned.

"The game is about heroes, the show is about villains," he revealed. "In the game you play Jack Choice in a desperate fight to stop the fracture, that threatens to cause the end of time. In the show, in the style of a modern TV series you follow the schemes and power play inside Monarch – the corporation that’s Jack’s main enemy."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/quantum-break-release-date-slips-to-2015

Erm, so is it not at E3 then? :/

Haha I think that's exactly what they were saying by wording it that way. Looks great. QB, Fable and Halo 5 next year then for X1 exclusives. Those plus the witcher and dying light, with The ORder and probably Uncharted from Sony, and it already looks like a great year. Can't wait to see more of the game. Unease about the tv show aspect though. If I hate it or it's like a syfy channel show, I'd hate that to impact my enjoyment of the game segments.

GameSeeker

Well that was useful and useless at the same time. Well, useful in that it confirms the delay to 2015. Useless in that their is still no explanation of gameplay. Guess we have to wait till Gamescom (Aug).

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
How is it delayed? It never had a release date or year?

So damn excited for this. Love Remedy.

I know it didn't have a release date, but thought it had a general '2014' attached to it no?

Top Bottom