• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay Teaser, delayed to 2015, debut at Gamescom

meta4

Game will be awesome no doubt can't wait for it.

Visuals are a big mixed bag. At points it looks good but then others just looked relatively normal.

The Order looks like a big leap above it but that could be because the footage is kind of uninspiring. I actually think Ryse looks better based on this showing

Yeah visuals look ok. I agree with your comparison with the Order and Ryse. It will play better than Ryse that's for sure!

LowerLevel

Jack Choice/Joyce hunh? Pretty much guarantees a Tom Cruise movie if this takes off...

Also, I'm wondering if ntkrnl misread quarter 4 for holiday? Doesn't MS' fourth quarter end in February, which officially is 2015 but still within "holidays"?
a HUGE stretch, I know LOL! Was truly hoping this was a 2014 release. (sigh)

This game actually looks great, but I can't get excited yet. Alan Wake had way too many problems (problems that were exacerbated in the DLCs and American Nightmare). Once Remedy can prove it's learned from its mistakes, I'm on board.

Gbraga

I really hope we get some incredibly over the top fights between the main dude and Paul Serene.

The way he was described a while ago made me think of Dante vs Vergil.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Game will be awesome no doubt can't wait for it.

Visuals are a big mixed bag. At points it looks good but then others just looked relatively normal.

The Order looks like a big leap above it but that could be because the footage is kind of uninspiring. I actually think Ryse looks better based on this showing

I think the lighting and animation it top notch on this. The Order looks great as well but not as good as this. I think the lighting in this is better.

harSon

Banned
Looks pretty damned amazing, which is surprising considering the gameplay mechanics they seem to be going for.

The most amazing thing about this announcement for me is the fact that it's not going to be a major part of Microsoft's e3 conference. I thought for sure it'd be a marquee aspect of their conference. Excited to see what they have now.

nib95

Banned
Best looking next gen graphics so far. Looks utterly amazing.

Trying to stay with the platform to avoid console wars, but I'd actually say Ryse was still better looking imo. The lighting, shaders etc just seem more cgi like and realistic compared to what is being shown here, but it's difficult to judge. Not taking anything away from QB though, still looks beautiful.

Gurish

This looks better than Infamous. And this is on the Bone.

As a linear cinematic game it's better be looking better than Infamous :)

I think the model is incredible, the environment a little less, it still looks very good but not as the reveal, still probably will be one of the better looking games in 2015, but not the King imo.

lol que?

On topic: Looks amazing, loved Alan Wake so I know I'll love this.

It's his opinion although I'm not sure what that game has to do with this. I find "this game looks better than game" pointless, someone is always going to be irked about it and it's subjective anyway

alterno69

Banned
I'm inteigued by this game, what worries me is the live show side, if it's not up to par it will end up affecting the game quality badly in my eyes. Big risk there.

Hard to judge the graphics with that small sample and without knowing if this is Heavy Rain/Beyond type of game with tight gameplay segments or a more traditional and less linear game like Alan Wake.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
This looks better than Infamous. And this is on the Bone.

This statement is just as stupid as people saying Driveclub looks better than Forza, Both games are coming out 1 year after, with more mature and better dev kit to work on. So stop making silly comparison you people.

I don't know how on earth you can make a determination about the game's graphics based on that. It's all quick cuts that don't like you get a good look at the environment.

cheezcake

"Cinematic action game"

Between this and The Order, I become more and more depressed at how developers continue to proudly beat their chest at how their videogame is merely trying to emulate another medium.

I think this problem stems from trying to label "video game" as the medium. Most people would classify films, tv, short movies as independent artistic mediums despite being created by the same basic 'technical medium'.

Similarly in games we have experiences which differ so much that after lumping them all into the same 'video game' category, people are obviously going to project their own favourite aspects of video games onto the definition and suddenly anything that falls outside of said preferences is undesirable, which makes no sense. There will always be 'cinematic' games, there will always be 'gameplay first' games, so there's really no issue at all other than some weird desire to restrict an entire platform of entertainment to ones personal taste.

So the order looks amazing definitely but this game isn't far behind. The screenshots must be direct captures since they have aliasing, but the videos in the background when sam is talking looks out of this world, idk if it's the colors or the way the game is presented but i haven't seen anything like it. I played Ryse and this looks much much better.

The performance capture in this game is second to none. Unmatched

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
GOD DAMN XD

And this has some artifacts and aliasing, so real captures of the game running?

Absolutely 100% no way that those are grabs from the framebuffer. Game will certainly be 900p, for a start, and the IQ in those screens is way too high.

Dabanton

I'm inteigued by this game, what worries me is the live show side, if it's not up to par it will end up affecting the game quality badly in my eyes. Big risk there.

Bright Falls and The Alan Wake AN stuff was pretty good. And considering those were I suspect shot on a low budget I'm not worried.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Order looks miles better. Order looks CG. This does not.

It's okay to think that. The Order does look great.

Trying to stay with the platform to avoid console wars, but I'd actually say Ryse was still better looking imo. The lighting, shaders etc just seem more cgi like and realistic compared to what is being shown here, but it's difficult to judge. Not taking anything away from QB though, still looks beautiful.

Ryse does look amazing. QB does look to have the edge to me. Advanced lighting, chromatic aberration. Very nice.

I wish we could see more of it.

atomsk

Party Pooper
kQxZh7c.jpg

Are you sure? It's not registered on Ms trademarks site.

Microsoft didn't update their trademark site this year (when I looked after the date changed anyway)

EU trademark
US trademark

Alan Wake EU for comparison

The US one might not link properly, sometimes it doesn't work for me, but if not, go here and press trademark search

Absolutely 100% no way that those are grabs from the framebuffer. Game will certainly be 900p, for a start, and the IQ in those screens is way too high.

We have an insider...?

It's his opinion although I'm not sure what that game has to do with this. I find "this game looks better than game" pointless, someone is always going to be irked about it and it's subjective anyway

Yep. That's why I responded the way that I did...just seems silly. 2 completely different games

yurinka

Looks great! Sadly MS again followed Sony's steps, now to delay stuff! :p

Now let's see in which part of 2015 is going to be released, because I see late Q3/Q4.

Hard to judge the graphics with that small sample and without knowing if this is Heavy Rain/Beyond type of game with tight gameplay segments or a more traditional and less linear game like Alan Wake.

It will be more AW than Beyond or HR, going by their previous output.

jimboton

Based on what? We know nothing about the technical side of the game nor at this point does it matter when the game is still possibly a year away and optimisation hasn't been done yet.

Just an excuse to get 720p/1080p comments in. I mean I know there are very few AAA games at 1080p on XB1, but this isn't relevant.

Maybe based on how they managed to achieve an all time resolution low with Alan Wake on the 360 at 544p? Something that no pre release trailer 2005-2010 ever showed of course. Personally I'm betting on sub-720p here.
and post-2015 too

Hahaha seriously??? Look at the lighting and shadow its glorious! The characters didn't even cast a shadow in ISS

You realize you're comparing an open world game to levels that will be somewhat non-linear, as well as coming out at least a year later if not more.

It would be disappointing if Quantum Break didn't look better at that level.

Top Bottom