• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay Teaser, delayed to 2015, debut at Gamescom

i1zXPFc10ng1r.gif

Gray Matter

Also has anyone noticed that the unnamed guy with the black leather jacket looks a lot like Mark-Paul Gosselaar. You might know him as zach from saved by the bell.

if it's not him, we'll hear from him demanding some compensation for using his "likeliness" without permission lol.

Kinyou

Pretty shocked that the game isn't getting some air time at E3. It does look good though based on that small amount of footage, and I'll always love me some Remedy... so yeah, maybe I'll purchase me an Xbox One at some point next year when this comes out.
I'm a bit confused about that as well. The gamescom conferences are usually a lot smaller than their E3 counterparts. You'd think they put this on the greatest stage possible.

Maybe they'll do some "All the games we show today will release in 2014" shtick at E3

No E3 because Alan Wake 2 announcement incoming? A man can dream. Though this is 2015, still looking great. 2015 should be a interesting year for these new consoles.

Quantum Break definitely looks like it has a more advanced version of the 'every light is a volumetric light' engine from Alan Wake.

For instance if you look at this screen:

The muzzle flash from the guy hiding behind the crate in the background looks like a volumetric light.

Yeah, it really seems like it.

Some tidbits showing a big city on the background when Sam lake is talking also looks like their open world engine, even if they are still using it to deliver a linear experience again.

Phamit

Also has anyone noticed that the unnamed guy with the black leather jacket looks a lot like Mark-Paul Gosselaar. You might know him as zach from saved by the bell.

if it's not him, we'll hear from him demanding some compensation for using his "likeliness" without permission lol.

You mean the Main Character? His name is Jack Joyce played by Phil Spencer

charsace

Looks as good as the best looking games seen so far. Cinematic is a word remedy never uses, I don't like them using it now. The character looks like a super hero in this and remedy's gun play is some of the best so I want it.

The game has a stylized look and a stylized shader similar to Metal Gear 5. Just glad this is another game that isn't trying to hide that the look of the game is stylized.

Maybe I need to see more, but my first impression based on the screenshots is that the game doesn't... look... that good? It looks pretty nice, but the chromatic aberration and fucked up foliage and weird inconsistent AA and blurriness really looks ugly to me, especially in this shot:

The "film grain" also makes it look like a magazine scan to me and less like an actual film.

EDIT: I think it's less film grain and more some bizarre dithering that reminds me of PSP screenshots.

The time freezing mechanic looks so cool. I really want to see what the moment to moment gameplay looks like.

I'm really worried about the TV show part of this though. If it's executed poorly it could really mess up what is otherwise a great game.

Kuro

Game isn't looking too hot from a technical perspective but I'm intrigued about the gameplay and the animation looks really smooth.

charsace

I mean to say as far as that original demo compares the lighting seems to have taken a massive downgrade, the image quality and perhaps even the models too. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

What? The lighting situation in the original trailer was different. That trailer had more intense like and a lot of mirrors reflecting things. A scene like that is going to look impressive on the lighting front.

dreamfall

I WANT IT. I neeeeeeds it.

God, I love Sam Lake. I love Remedy- I hope the show is awesome. The Fracture time stopping and that flying superman punch! My goodness!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Maybe I need to see more, but my first impression based on the screenshots is that the game doesn't... look... that good? It looks pretty nice, but the chromatic aberration and fucked up foliage and weird inconsistent AA and blurriness really looks ugly to me, especially in this shot:

The "film grain" also makes it look like a magazine scan to me and less like an actual film.

I think the screenshots are not great. The stuff in-motion looks a lot better though.

The grain, aliasing and CA do these shots no favours.

Subbed.

I'm so happy Sam Lake stayed with Remedy.

I love his writing styles when it comes to narrative driven games.

Plus, this looks very stylized.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay since this is directly from Microsoft's website and listed as posted by their staff, I'm reverting the title.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Really? I think people forget what the lighting actually looks like in those top tier games. QB isn't quite there yet. Just a quick rough comparison.

Anyway, different strokes.

Yeah. Maybe I need to have another look at those games.

charsace

Perhaps a comparison to another non-open world, 2015 title like The Order would be more apt.

I would bet that the play areas in this are much bigger than The Order and Ryse. Pictures look like they will have big play areas like they did in Alan Wake.

Putty

Wasn't that impressed. After 1886 things just don't seem on it. Still, bags of time to get it looking tip top.

fasTRapid

Banned
What? The lighting situation in the original trailer was different. That trailer had more intense like and a lot of mirrors reflecting things. A scene like that is going to look impressive on the lighting front.
The original trailer wasn't running in real-time and never will. I'd put it, just comparing the graphics, between Watch Dogs and inFAMOUS: SS, leaning more to the former.

2015 release date was expected.

EDIT: I think it's less film grain and more some bizarre dithering that reminds me of PSP screenshots.

Holy shit, you're right. That goddamn chromatic aberration. It needs to stop.

nib95

Banned

Yea, I wouldn't have imagined all media pitting it as a 2014 title on just a whim, at least not every single media publication out there. I've noticed that generally, some of the outlets just put TBA and do not assign a year unless they have some sort of information or understanding otherwise.

Top Bottom