• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay Teaser, delayed to 2015, debut at Gamescom

JaggedSac

seems like the ending of my new gif is pretty spot on ;)
ztmyni.gif

lol, pretty great

iXwY9iY84CgBu.png
VGX
ibkzanGDn2S3Rh.png
Gameplay teaser

vgx trailer also had a different hue for this scene with added ca around her face i think.
ibqJBUArIKNTp0.png
VGX
ibqsYqGsPcE4bg.png
E3

Who's to say todays version doesn't look better than the e3 build? Going by the first comparison that's the same area the new build looks better to me.

iEQb5ZiTP6htr.png
VGX
iOgo1pL2eAbpH.png
Gameplay teaser
iXhMaDDc9MJTh.png
VGX
iBo3gG5yQ3aoo.png
Gameplay teaser

Actually these look really really great. Maybe it will get close to hitting that reveal trailer.
Thanks for doing that bro

The game never had a release date, why are people saying its delayed?

Not questioning, just want to know if there was ever a release date announced in any official capacity. If that hasn't occurred, the thread title ought to be corrected.

This game looks absolutely gorgeous after rewatching the teaser. Gamescom can't come fast enough.

Amir0x

Banned
Lol, I did a head shake and a finger wag.

I'm not trying to group the entirety of GAF into my post, but I didn't feel like quoting everyone who had something negative to say about this game. Many posters here are very reasonable people who build a great discussion, but it's the ones whom are so vocal about their disapproval that really gets my goat. Those people are their own hive mind. They feed off each other.

I have a certain standard I like games to meet, but how can you say QB isn't top tier for a console? It's the little nit-picks that I see people posting that's annoying--small stuff that's inconsequential.

There's a lot of factors to that for me. Artistically, for me, it does leave a bit to be desired (not terrible, just a bit bland) - and it also matters things like framerate, resolution, which as far as I'm aware, is as yet unconfirmed what it'll be. That all factors into "one of the most impressive." If it's a game that's, say, running 900p @ 30fps, it wouldn't be one of the most impressive to me just in sheer technical terms. But that's only part of the equation.

What seems to be really impressive is the way they're animating the faces, and the scope of the project. There's tons of geometry floating in the air, and the overall effect of the image is quite impressive. Like I said, I think it looks really great. I'm just not willing to put that sort of label on it quite yet. I need to see more, and hear some more of the technical details, and some of where the game might head artistically (in terms of locations, scale, character designs, etc).

Exploratory said:
think the game looks good (not close to one of the most impressive, but good) but I'm not quite sure if it matches what they showed before. I need to see more.

"Everyone on GAF thinks the same thing"

and

"There is a majority opinion of a vocal group on the gaming side of GAF"

aren't the same thing. It especially doesn't ignore criticism but I do think being so focused on graphics ignores everything else. People focus on that more then gameplay possible story elements etc...

I'm tired of it too.

Re: What he said is "he's disappointed in the GAF community." The GAF community didn't do anything; individual posters did. So, putting that aside since that point of order is pretty well laid out and self-explanatory.

If you're tired of it, that's something you need to modify within yourself. Visuals are a huge part of gaming, a massive part of the appeal, and people are always going to analyze that first in general because it's the most obvious first thing that pops out to people, that people can really deconstruct without playing it. Since it's one of the few elements people can really deconstruct before playing a title, it is what people tend to discuss more frequently prior to a game's release.

But that doesn't change that it's actually a massive part of the equation. And it always will be. I respect that there are those who genuinely believe gameplay must be the only factor that matters, or that it matters to such a disproportionate degree that they get annoyed that others don't feel that way. But the reality is if you're getting annoyed by visual discussion, then it's something you need to adapt to within yourself. It's a natural part of discussing games.

slapnuts

It looks incredible..but almost too incredible and a bit too clean. Maybe Dx12 is part reason? If true thats truly incredible then but i have my doubts this is what we'll be playing because again...it just looks way too clean and crisp. I know what my PC can do and its no slouch...and i believe my PC would have a hard time doing what i just saw running in the clip. Although i never put final judgement on unfinished game footage...i always give the benefit of doubt and most of all...i hope for the best.

I need reasons to buy a xbox one and if this game comes out looking close to what the footage shows...this most definitely will be a reason to buy a X1...if of course the gameplay is good as the visuals. Im one of those where both visuals and gameplay matter equally...they both gotta be there.

slapnuts

"whole other level"? Seriously? QB is quite comparable to The Order, I think. I don't get how you see this giant leap in visual quality between the two... I could see you preferring The Order and finding it better looking (although I don't know if I could agree), but don't see "whole other level" of differences. This is the stuff I was talking about here:

And I personally think QB looks better than Infamous (although ISS is a phenomenal-looking game). I do think ISS could be considered technically more impressive due to its open-world components (although we don't know much about QB's world size/scope to really judge that yet). But for just straight visual clarity, I think QB is better looking. Or at least, on par (but not worse). I wouldn't fault you for finding ISS to be a more technically-impressive game (especially if you're assuming QB is going to be more linear).

That train of thought only works with QB, though, right?

I cannot even see how you can compare QB to ISS right now..as if QB is a final product sitting on store shelves. Really? How many times have we seen very early footage that is more than a year away from release change significantly in the visuals? Bro....putting final judgement on a game this early in development is just hasty as can be.

Infamous is a finished game and a game considered with-in PS4 launch window (4-5 months after PS4 release) ...maybe im being gracious in saying ISS is a launch window game but stil...for what it looks like is remarkable and its a game that is finished. I just dont really trust early footage of games anymore....even professionals can lie with a straight face and say its in-game.

I hope this game comes out looking as good as it does right now from the early in-game footage but man...it looks super clean which makes me wonder if it will actually look exactly like this when its final.

Im an older gamer in my later 30s so i suppose i've learned my lessons quite well when it comes to early game footage of a unfinished game but i always keep hope that it will come out looking as good as it currently does or what games look like in early development.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
The game never had a release date, why are people saying its delayed?

Not questioning, just want to know if there was ever a release date announced in any official capacity. If that hasn't occurred, the thread title ought to be corrected.

This game looks absolutely gorgeous after rewatching the teaser. Gamescom can't come fast enough.

Ya I dont think it is being reported as a delay. But I guess most of the people just assumed it was coming out this year and are surprised now.

id guess so. either this or halo 5. wasnt alan wake made to show off whatever version of dx was new at the time?

I think so, but isn't dx12 for the xbox one coming holiday 2015? How will Quantum Break utilize it if the game is rumored to come out summer of next year?

EBE

I think so, but isn't dx12 for the xbox one coming holiday 2015? How will Quantum Break utilize it if the game is rumored to come out summer of next year?

oh its coming that late? i didnt know. then i would just guess that team would be willing to work closely with developers like remedy and 343. a lessons learned type thing, if not actual implementation. although halo 5 could likely be a holiday release, so theres that

arhra

DX12 for PCs will be available to developers as a preview this year, the late 2015 date was a suggested release target for games using DX12.

And they're actually prototyping the DX12 stuff on XB1, so Xbox SDKs with the new stuff should be available before it hits PC. A few of the features that will be new to DX12 were available on the Xbox even at launch, so I imagine there'll be a gradual rollout of games using new features as the SDKs update, rather than a hard line in the sand that you can point at saying "this is a DX12 game" as is necessary on PC thanks to library distribution and versioning.

Guerrilla

That is great. Bish should promote you from Junior status on that post alone! Good Job!

Well, that sounds like a great idea!
creepy%20dafoe.gif

Cool that everyone seems to be liking it though, I put way more time into this than I planned at first ;)

But OT, how the hell can they pass up on showing this at the E3 conference? I mean, even if they have a lot of other stuff, a gameplay trailer of this would still create a lot of buzz. This seems just stupid. (I'm probably just disappointed that I have to wait longer to see it now :()

And regarding the graphics discussion, this might not be leaps and bounds above other games technically, we might even have seen games that are better from a pure technical standpoint, but the look of the world and character faces still make this the prettiest game I've seen so far. Their facial capturing tech is amazing, and they are doing an awesome job with the lighting.

Volotaire

That teaser was seriously impressive from an animation and visual perspective. The gameplay almost reminded me of Timeshift, but focusing on a more cinematic angle. It seems that Alan Wake's 'evil dark' animations also influenced the time mechanic animations. It's a shame we won't be seeing more at E3, but I can't wait for the next batch of info.

Actually these look really really great. Maybe it will get close to hitting that reveal trailer.
Thanks for doing that bro

The screaming woman looks a little different in both shots. Not sure if it's the lighting or because it's more zoomed out, but there's a noticeable difference.

We definitely need footage from that scene to see how it looks now.

It seems that Alan Wake's 'evil dark' animations also influenced the time mechanic animations.

I noticed that as well, the frozen scenery twitching is very Alan Wake. I have such tremendously high hopes for this game, and yet I don't feel nervous at all, Remedy have never disappointed me.

JaggedSac

It looks like a difference in gamma, not of asset and lighting quality.

The difference could also be due to a change in the explosion, as can be evidenced by the change in particle positioning. If it is based on physical calculations that have random elements, then this would explain variations in lighting and particle effects.

abadguy

Banned
I am curious about the hand to hand combat. I expect the shooting mechanics to be similar to Max Payne, but the hand to hand sections they showed kind of looked like take downs. Maybe there will be some stealth sections in the game. It would be cool if you had some disarm moves to use in the game as well.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
If the final product ends up looking like what that trailer showed, then it's the best looking next gen game I've seen thus far along with The Order.

Top Bottom