• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay Teaser, delayed to 2015, debut at Gamescom

ibszC9Rh5ZOK8z.gif

lawd

I really need to see some new footage from this scene. Just to allay fears that it might have undergone some scaling back in terms of animation and detail.

I really need to see some new footage from this scene. Just to allay fears that it might have undergone some scaling back in terms of animation and detail.

Compare the IQ of this gif to that of some in-game sequence from the latest trailer. If you do not come to the conclusion that the first one is in-engine and not real-time, then I have a golden bridge to sell you!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
just saw this, looks absolutely great!

buuut, announcing gameplay to be shown at gamescon, just prior to e3? odd choice. hope they have at the very least a cinematic in-engine trailer at e3

Can't wait. Remedy is one the few bigger studios whose style of AAA cinematic action feels justified to me because they like to push beyond a bit in ways that feels fresh. Glad to see some hand-to-hand in there.

have mercy

and yes the teeth play their part(omg dem teeth). But look at those lip movements, eye movements, jaw movements, there is just so much going into this looking like this.

I can watch that gif for hours...

Remedy, yay! ;)

I think above all else, it appears they've nailed the eyes. In so many games with decent to great facial animation, the eyes just look dead, like a dolls eyes. Hopefully they can maintain this in the final game.

Famassu

The game never had a release date, why are people saying its delayed?

Not questioning, just want to know if there was ever a release date announced in any official capacity. If that hasn't occurred, the thread title ought to be corrected.

This game looks absolutely gorgeous after rewatching the teaser. Gamescom can't come fast enough.
Probably because Quantum Break is one of the games Xbone was revealed with & it was done amongst talks about how many games MS has for Xbone's first year, so people could easily get the impression QB would be a year one release as well. It's not really a streatch for people to think they'd be playing QB within 1,5 years after its first showing. Of course, MS also did not confirm any kind of release estimates, so if this disappoints people, they mostly have themselves to blame in this era of a large number of games being delayed tons in the past few years.

Compare the IQ of this gif to that of some in-game sequence from the latest trailer. If you do not come to the conclusion that the first one is in-engine and not real-time, then I have a golden bridge to sell you!

Why not compare the IQ from the trailer, instead of a resized gif?

Even so, you can see some artifacts that probably wouldn't be there if it was a pre rendered trailer.

Slaythe

It looks really good.

The game seems amazing. But a part of me is scared.

Compare what Alan Wake was supposed to be, to what it became... :/

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
No need to, since it's most likely pre-rendered, like what they used in Alan Wake.

Guerrilla

It looks really good.

well it was supposed to be a great game and it became a great game ;)

But I get what you are saying. I was closely following the development of alan wake and the initial vision was very different to the final product. Still, Remedy has yet to make a game I don't absolutely love, so I let my hype soar freely ;)

Woah, i'll be there. Anyone from GAF going? We could meet
I'll be there if you mean gamescom ;)

The facial animations are really promising. Give me more, MS! Shame we have to wait until after E3 for new material... or could it be a surprise? /dreaming

nomis

It looks really good.

Open world in that game would have been as pointless and detrimental as the one we got in Watch_Dogs.

Darksol

Crazy that Remedy is going from being perpetually behind the curve in facial animation to having just about the best-looking stuff out there.

Eh...they still suffer from those cold dead eyes and almost doll like look. In terms of facial animation I think Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream did it better, even though it was on last gen.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Looks weird. Maybe the theme doesn't suit the max payne lookalike.

I can't wait to play as this highly original character, 30 something white guy with a gun.

Max Payne and Alan Wake were great and interesting off-beat characters, and I love their designs, so I don't care what their race is or whether it's a shooter. Who even said this was going to be a highly original character, are you just creating a strawman to defeat yourself? lol

Jack E3 vs Gameplay Reveal model
i5SqqlyOIuyhU.png

not talking about graphics or anything but i remember some people were complaining about his head being too big? Looks like they improved it. I like the new version better

Stimpack

Really constructive spoiler. You do know port begging is banned?

Oh, sorry, it slipped my mind. I don't typically say things like that, and I wasn't intentionally trying to port beg. I was just saying it would be nice because I'd like to play it, but I'll delete the comment even though I don't see the harm or why you would have even bothered singling it out.

Gestault

Jack E3 vs Gameplay Reveal model
i5SqqlyOIuyhU.png

not talking about graphics or anything but i remember some people were complaining about his head being too big? Looks like they improved it. I like the new version better

As someone with a similar hairline, I think that could partly be down to the lighting. Let's just say nighttime photography can be a bit more flattering, lol

eso76

Hmm, there's a noticeable lighting difference. Also looks like some particles/effects are missing.

Still looks bloody fantastic in both.

EH, come on.
Contrast is cranked up higher, and that's literally it.
There's absolutely no difference in lighting *quality*.
And yeah, there's like 4 particles missing.

Seriously, there's no downgrade to speak of at this point, besides the game is still one year from release. Who knows what it will look like by then (for better or worse).

Currently, it's one of the very few games i'm genuinely excited about, and i don't even own an xboxone anymore. 2015 does look like the year i'm jumping back in though.

Oh, sorry, it slipped my mind. I don't typically say things like that, and I wasn't intentionally trying to port beg. I was just saying it would be nice because I'd like to play it, but I'll delete the comment even though I don't see the harm or why you would have even bothered singling it out.

You can play it though? Get an Xbox One!

Top Bottom