• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gamersyde preview. HQ gameplay inside.

Zojirushi

I feel they can be troll scores if the reviewer goes in expecting to dislike the TV show before even playing the game (and we've already seen this mindset quite a bit for this game). 5 point scales can be pretty brutal as well. 3/5 isn't a bad review but if someone like Jeff Gerstmann gives the game a 3 instead of a 4 (with a point docked for the TV show) you're suddenly adding in a 60% review. That's the kind of situation I'm getting at, really. My problem is more with Metacritic than anything else.

Your problem is you care about review scores..,

foxbeldin

Just realised I referred to the wrong person when I responded to you - sorry

When I looked it up, the quadro looked better than a 760 - but trust the guy above more than me, I'm fairly inexperienced with this stuff. I still think you're rocking more GPU power than an XBO, but I suppose that doesn't really matter as much as drivers etc.

Sudden realisation for me too : This is a Win10 game, my work computer is running on win7.

F.. me sideways. Can't play it. :(

Hearing someone call this the Max Payne of this generation really got my attention. Super tempted to pick it up on the One next week.

aravuus

You keep all the upgrades, yeah.

Doesn't sound like NG+ is gonna make a massive difference, but cool nonetheless. More games should definitely have it.

Also lol
4c6d53bb49.png

Animator

Watched the stream for a couple minutes and shut it down, don't wanna spoil the experience. Game looks gorgeous and plays really smooth. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Vitor711

So, has anyone found where they can buy the XBox One version outside of the Windows Store AND get the PC version for free? I swear they said 'participating retailers' but doesn't seem like Best Buy or anyone else are offering the digital code for pre-order to take advantage of this.

R3TRODYCE

I don't think I would recommend anyone to get a current gen console before E3 with all these current rumors but I do believe that this is the first special edition Xbox One bundle at $299 -- definitely different from the norm.

I thought about waiting until E3 but dat price and I wanted a white one. I preordered it at my local GS and he said "You're the only one that has preordered this." I didn't expect that for some reason tbh...

lcap

We don't really have a new game plus. You can replay any level independently and you keep upgrades / collectibles when doing that. Similar but not really the same.

Thanks for the info! In my opinion, NG+ actually doesn't make a lot of sense for this kind of action game so I'm not bummed.

TheKeyPit

Banned
We don't really have a new game plus. You can replay any level independently and you keep upgrades / collectibles when doing that. Similar but not really the same.

Cool, I'm definetly going to use it.

These last days up until release are going to take longer, because of time breaking down :(

Vitor711

So, has anyone found where they can buy the XBox One version outside of the Windows Store AND get the PC version for free? I swear they said 'participating retailers' but doesn't seem like Best Buy or anyone else are offering the digital code for pre-order to take advantage of this.

Anyone? Really want to buy a copy before I travel for the weekend but rather not do full price from the Windows Store if possible.

Chris1

Don't know how much it is indicative, but seems like it's first best selling xbox one game on amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...ames/6469296011/ref=zg_bs_nav_vg_2_6469269011

Doesn't say much to be fair, if it wasn't the best selling xbox one game right now the game would be in serious trouble :p

Amazon rankings are lower than I'd expect. It's lower than Ratchet and Clank in the overall rankings which is strange since that's a remaster. I think it'll sell just fine though, it's been heavily advertised on the dashboard for about a month and the reviews/word of mouth is bound to be great around it.

Top Bottom