• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gamersyde preview. HQ gameplay inside.

The game is no way 7 hours. Well maybe if you run through everything mindlessly without checking any story bits and skip live action cutscenes, and of course play on easy.

Wow, that looks great! Looks like I'm gonna have to find time between Salt and Sanctuary and Dark Souls 3 for this, pending info on PC performance.

Montresor

The game is no way 7 hours. Well maybe if you run through everything mindlessly without checking any story bits and skip live action cutscenes, and of course play on easy.

Where are we getting this false narrative that the game is "no way 7 hours"? Did you see this post which I assume is someone who played the game from start to finish from earlier in this thread? /s

Zojirushi

All we gotta hope for now is that the W10 version has a decent ingame frame lock option. Because this will be surely be a demanding game based on what's happening on screen (once those effects start popping off) and I'm kinda scared this will lead us straight to frame pacing hell like Gears Ultimate without proper injection tools.

latest

ZzzZombi

Neo Member
"Time Vision" name seems a bit weird. It's the "detect-all-things-enemy-loot" vision but what does it have to do with time itself?

The most annoying thing about Remedy is that they take ages to produce their games, as good as they are there's absolutely nothing in QB that takes 6 years to make, it's a 7 hour linear shooter, doesn't have multiplayer and other core features, an experienced team of 150+ people like Remedy should spend 3 years tops to make a game like this. Again look at ND and Uncharted, comparable scope, hell Uncharted even has multiplayer, and that only took 2 years on lastgen, and 3 years on ps4 due to scrapped material. Just seems like mismanagement.
The culmination of every armchair dev post in one easy to read "Takes From My Ass" style response. Brilliant!

SomTervo

The most annoying thing about Remedy is that they take ages to produce their games, as good as they are there's absolutely nothing in QB that takes 6 years to make, it's a 7 hour linear shooter, doesn't have multiplayer and other core features, an experienced team of 150+ people like Remedy should spend 3 years tops to make a game like this. Again look at ND and Uncharted, comparable scope, hell Uncharted even has multiplayer, and that only took 2 years on lastgen, and 3 years on ps4 due to scrapped material. Just seems like mismanagement.

I think team size is your answer here. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Remedy's team size is less than half Naughty Dog's, which would explain it taking them more than double the time to make a singleplayer third person shooter.

LostDonkey

The culmination of every armchair dev post in one easy to read "Takes From My Ass" style response. Brilliant!

How ShamePain hasn't been permd yet is a mystery to me.

He claims to have an Xbox one, but spends most of his time on GAF shouting it down in favour of the almighty PS.

Quite sad.

The lengths he goes to are embarrassing.

Micerider

It looks fantastic. Hopefully my GTX970 can hold 1080p with a stable 30FPS (if Xbox is limited to 720p for 30FPS, I would be pretty astonished if anything below 980Ti or Fury could do 60FPS)

TD on XB1 is also not native 1080P, most of the time it's 900P, so your IQ claim is not relevant, and obviously QB got much better character models, amazing effects, and overall much better fidelity, how can an open world game be comparable if we are talking strictly about visuals?

Pretty sure that TD runs higher than 1600*900 on X1 with its dynamic rez, someone can correct if I'm wrong.

The game looks great though, QB that is even if it is 720p.

SomTervo

Wow, refreshing that reviewers have copies over a week early. Good old Remedy.

:)

Length has never been an issue in a Remedy game and this will not be an exception.

Arguably it was an issue in Max Payne 2 - but the quality of that game was so stellar that it was easy to replay several times in a row.

Putty

the live action stuff is awful sorry to say. Funny, i'm watching this https://www.twitch.tv/nukemdukem

A car chase with a 370z. Mega continuity errors with the number plate on the back of the car...One scene it's on, the next it's off. Given how quick cut the scenes are it's rather jarring lol.

Does the supposed short game length include the live action tv show that you watch? How long does each episode/chapter of the tv show last?

SomTervo

I just want to know if it's fun. Is it fun? Please be fun.

From the sounds of things, it is.

I'm in the same boat. Not really bothered about what P it is or what the performance is like. If the gameplay and encounters are well designed, I'm a happy camper. It's what makes Max Payne 2 classic, anyway.

Disappointing that it's 720p but honestly, i will buy this bad boy day one and enjoy the hell out of it ! It's looks amazing and a blast to play. Those who played Remedy's games know the feel of a Remedy game. Can't wait !!!

lcap

Man, judging from the live stream right now, it looks like the Live action part is gonna be really nice. Loving it so far.

Where are we getting this false narrative that the game is "no way 7 hours"? Did you see this post which I assume is someone who played the game from start to finish from earlier in this thread? /s
The false narrative here is that it's 7 hours. The poster you're replying to played it, I played it too. And I agree: this is no way a 7 hours game unless obviously you speedrun it at easy difficulty.

zsynqx

the live action stuff is awful sorry to say. Funny, i'm watching this https://www.twitch.tv/nukemdukem

A car chase with a 370z. Mega continuity errors with the number plate on the back of the car...One scene it's on, the next it's off. Given how quick cut the scenes are it's rather jarring lol.

Man, judging from the live stream right now, it looks like the Live action part is gonna be really nice. Loving it so far.

Who do I believe?!

This is a screen I took after a fight in a library. Insane destructibility, and while fighting and with all the powers and explosions, that's incredible. And this is one of the least impressive fights in the game!

That's not direct feed, mind you. captured via screenshot feature, then streamed to PC and print-screened, so there might be some compression in the stream to PC.

mhfeLPQ.jpg

Hmm... looks good, a bit blurry, probably because it's not 1080p. Also, the AF is lacking. See the rug. It does look good overall tho.

Top Bottom