• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

The Flash

Banned
isFOgs9.png

Quote for text-only version

NfIgVw0.png

QB7kZ4l.png

zJ8zuUl.png

Dtuo5QV.png

CXz8bIp.png

DYS4esV.png

hLu65eX.png

doDt8Qv.png

jIkLLPb.png

s8Uksg5.png

G5DOCnU.png

JLFnNC5.png

ewUhcst.png

I2VLJrn.png

rUFCkGk.png

sRK4jPF.png
DVHPcFd.png

OtN6Nbi.png
nCR6BuH.png

3rX0aIU.png
T0yxomY.png

0DgfT0f.png

deqiYZ1.png

reZQnBt.gif

3RDmsK1.gif

PJl2TgC.gif

578PhZg.gif

HPn5QP9.gif

A3Oxnn0.gif

gtQGOIz.gif

j2BaufI.png

vasu6Xt.png
Q673uT8.png
4svpgm0.png
8ZldOVg.png
fHM73m4.png
nYmYrhY.png

LaI15c8.png
5rDH2XY.png
nOupaE8.png
NPlMa8M.png
sqcIfUD.png
AFSQofw.png

E52br8w.png
aDt4xMK.png
kAP70Ct.png
M09cnPy.png
LdBZV4f.png

qF6ZDay.png
ypJyx8b.png
iM4Cv39.png
tVdUo4C.png

JsODIYg.png

What are the pre-order/day one/bonus goodies?

Every copy on Xbox One comes with a digital copy of Alan Wake and the two DLCs (The Signal and The Writer) on Xbox 360 which is backwards compatible on Xbox One.

Pre-orders also come with a digital copy of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare on XBLA - also backwards compatible, except in some regions (UK mainly) where it was swapped out for Kameo as the age rating for AWAN was higher than Quantum Break/Alan Wake.

If you pre-order a digital copy for Xbox One on the Xbox Store or via participating retailers you also get a free copy of Quantum Break on Windows 10.

You do not get a copy of Alan Wake or American Nightmare if you buy it on Windows 10.

Also the game is not a cross-buy title so if you do not pre-order it you wont get the Windows 10 version free, that is only for pre-orders.

When will my Windows 10 code be sent to me?

Around the launch of the game, you will receive a message from Xbox with your code in.

Can I pre-order/load the game on Xbox One and Windows 10? How big is it?

You can on Xbox One, its 45.72gb.

The Windows 10 version does not have pre-order/load so you will need to wait until the game has launched to buy it then begin downloading it.

Is the live action TV show included in the game download size?

No. As there are choices you can make which affect what you see in the show (with over 40 variations possible) it isn’t on the disc or in the game download.

On Xbox One you can stream the TV show when necessary or download the entire pack with all the variations, this is a 75gb download.

On Windows 10 you can only stream the TV show.

What are the specifications for the Windows 10 version?

http://www.quantumbreak.com/windows10/ or see above under "General Info"

V-Sync and G-Sync are not currently supported features on the Windows store but an updated in May will fix that, presumably Quantum Break will be updated to reflect that.

Is there anything else I need to know?

Remember, it’s not a fracture. It’s a break.

Big thanks to Doffen, derFeef, Steverulez, and @fcruzsierra on Twitter for helping me put this together on such short notice.
Special thanks to DeepEnigma for the OT title suggestion

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Have the XBO version preloaded, but looking forward to playing the PC version this weekend after work.

Hopefully it doesn't let down on a technical level. Weird it isn't even available for preorder on PC yet..

bigkrev

I don't have an Xbox One. Preordering a XB1 disc will be cheaper than buying the digital Windows 10 version. Is it possible to do this, or will I need an Xbox One in order to get the PC code?

Nice OT. Good job :D.

Lead game designer here and will answer any questions I can (when I get some free time).

Edit: questions pertaining to gameplay etc.

Awesome job OP. No disrespect to Far Cry Primal, but I consider Quantum Break the first big AAA release of the year and deservedly so. Hopefully it sets the trend for what's to come the rest of the year.

Barzul

I don't have an Xbox One. Preordering a XB1 disc will be cheaper than buying the digital Windows 10 version. Is it possible to do this, or will I need an Xbox One in order to get the PC code?

Wonder this as well. I want the Windows 10 code, but if I'm going to end up paying the same price I might as well get a preorder in now and get both codes lol

edit: Just said fuck it and went ahead and preordered

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Great info, but do you by any chance can you copy/paste the text in those images? With everything going on in the background images, it is hard to read.

lcap

Great work OP. Received the game today and installing now as I finish my second job today! Really pumped to get home and shoot some Monarch dudes.

The Flash

Banned
Great info, but do you by any chance can you copy/paste the text in those images? With everything going on in the background images, it is hard to read.

Sigh. I thought I did a better job of this than the last one I did. I'll make a text only version real quick.

Kid Goku

Banned
Just started but need some advice. Had 3 enemies and just learned the RB button which puts 1 exploding shield on your enemy but you can't use it again quickly it has a timer. How do you guys deal with multiple enemies ? Just had 3 enemies. Used time shield to kill 1 but afterwards couldn't use it for a bit and the others got a bit tricky had to deal with them without using any powers.

Edit: nvm just figured it out. LB+RB from time to time solves it.

Wow the gameplay is so much fun. The time breaking down, the flashbacks and such within the gameplay my god. STUNNING.

aravuus

Lead game designer here and will answer any questions I can (when I get some free time).

After that Jack Choice talk, I coulda sworn your post said "lead name designer" the first couple of times I read it

It's hard to believe it is almost here. I still remember my initial disappointment in it not being Alan Wake 2 back at the unveil. I remained excited regardless as Remedy is my favourite developer and here we are.
Mere hours, ahhhh.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Sigh. I thought I did a better job of this than the last one I did. I'll make a text only version real quick.

Sorry bub, it is just hard to read stuff over a busy background. You can just throw the text-only version in the OP under [email ] tags to hide it.

Amazing work with the OT Flash nice work, I can't wait to play this game only 4 hours more for the release date right? for the digital edition of course

Salsa

hello lead gameplay designer at Remedy

I know this is not your area of expertise and that you probably had no involvement in the discussion of this decision

but why isn't your game called Jack Choice to complete the remedy trilogy™

is this what it feels like to grow up

Really enjoying it so far and the story is intriguing but it's too early to judge, don't miss out on the TV in the beginning of the game,
in the camp.
It is worthy of your time. Since the OT is up time to put this Alan Wake and it's DLC to good use, great work on the OT by the way!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away Alan Wake + DLC's. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Death Metalist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim a game you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim a game to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alan Wake plus DLCs -- MB-D87EF9B80982A9DD - Taken by Fardeen. 2 entrants total.

t1459898635z1.png

Top Bottom