• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break (Pirated Version in game Costume)

Tak3n

Banned
Pulled from Reddit

Seems BTW that this is caused if you start the game without being logged into the Windows Store, they automatically think you pirated it.

Also Note to Devs, if you are going to do this make it look stupid, not cooler!

kwJWjBf.jpg

Vuze

Seems BTW that this is caused if you start the game without being logged into the Windows Store, they automatically think you pirated it.
lmao.

Also the nerve to add such gimmicks when the game performs pretty much like shit.

GHG

Gold Member
Well they weren't lying when they said they put a lot of effort into the PC version.

It's an error, like the top of the OP suggests. The game is accidently treating some people as pirates, even though UWP can't be cracked yet.

You know a lot of people talk about denuvo but no one talks about windows way of keeping their games from being pirated

Also lol@ taking the time to do this but not a simple quit button, decent aa options, or even af

Corpekata

Banned
You know a lot of people talk about denuvo but no one talks about windows way of keeping their games from being pirated

Because Denuvo means the games still sell fairly well. We don't know if Windows 10 games and its' DRM are actually selling well yet.

Though I think a lot of the talk is just folded up in with the general UWP discussion.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seems like a harmless developer joke.. Then against its a MS published game, let's rip them apart.

Because Denuvo means the games still sell fairly well. We don't know if Windows 10 games and its' DRM are actually selling well yet.

Though I think a lot of the talk is just folded up in with the general UWP discussion.

Yea but if crackers couldn't bypass denuvo for rise of the tomb raider, taking a shot through UWP would be worth the effort. Curious

Kinyou

I think he's saying that it takes some nerve to spend however long this DRM and 'joke' took to code when there are clearly more pressing matters for the coders to be concentrating on.
I imagine the fields for platform optimization and character textures don't overlap that much

Not really daft, if your not logged in, then it can't check that you actually own the license.

Just like you can't run a Steamworks CEG game without personally turning Steam on first.

Except, last time I checked, it will just turn it on for you. Oh snap!

They probably didn't test it at all on regular accounts, I guess. Shame.

leeh

Just like you can't run a Steamworks CEG game without personally turning Steam on first.

Except, last time I checked, it will just turn it on for you. Oh snap!

They probably didn't test it at all on regular accounts, I guess. Shame.
Yeah but when it's turned on for you, you're logged in.

If you log-out of the store, it's not going to brute force your own account is it.

Yeah but when it's turned on for you, you're logged in.

If you log-out of the store, it's not going to brute force your own account is it.

...that's what Steam does? You have to be logged in (though potentially "offline logged in") to launch a CEG game, and if you're not, you're asked to? I just tried it, you know.

Can't test QB, but I gotta assume developers tested it on onlineified accounts, which equalize you logging in to Windows with logging in to Windows Store, at least by default. As opposed to saner regular account which makes Windows Store login a separate thing.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Wow. That's quick considering that you need to model and texture it and then implement it ;) Either way I am confident that we only have Microsoft to thank for the current state of the game.

Could be the same asset as the Alan Wake eyepatch. I think the engine is an upgraded version of the Alan Wake engine as well. I seriously doubt a damn eyepatch stopped them from correcting other issues. Gee...

Just do what serious sam does and put an unkillable enemy in the game thats basically a big fuck you and prevents you from progressing.

Top Bottom