• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break's TV segments possibly affected by Xbox Entertainment shutdown

Update: Game remains unaffected:

Looks like we need a title update...

Quantum Break "will be released next year and the game and show both remain on track," a Microsoft spokesperson said.

"The news of Xbox Entertainment Studios has not impacted our progress and we're excited to share more details of Quantum Break at Gamescom in August," the statement reads.

MS PR via Polygon

I was under the assumption the TV show part was produced by Remedy itself...maybe not?

gSlyYDT.png

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/489846844164689920

It wouldn't surprise me for Quantum Break to just be a game at this point, unless they filmed a lot of stuff already. Just use the audio from what was filmed, build it into the engine, and call it a day.

Oof. That sucks. Hope the game doesn't see another delay as they have to scramble to get the story portions down. Maybe cut the live-action bits and do them in-engine?

Gbraga

Damn. Didn't even crossed my mind.

I wonder if the game would work without those or if it would require some delays to make some adjustments.

Well, Sam Lake tweeted four days ago about Gamescom and how eagerly he was waiting to show the game off so it can't be that bad of a situation

SamLakeRMD: It's one month till #Gamescom. Eagerly waiting to show #QuantumBreak to you.

Well the Show was being filmed in LA, but they started filming last year. I imagine they were probably done filming before the Xbox Entertainment closure. It's probably in post right now.

Pettigrew

Neo Member
I'm really confused about MS's strategy for Xbox One... and worried about the concept behind Quantum Break. Will it affect it ?

This was one of the games I bought an Xbox One for, but honestly I could care less about the TV show aspect of that game. The live action stuff they should wasn't anything to write home about.

Hopefully it hasn't been affected.

Saying that, I'm not against the idea of them shipping the game without the TV segments. It might mean reworking the story a little, but it's possible.

Doffen

The show was supposed to tell the story about the villains, right?
Would suck not to get their perspective.

I just hope they don't half-ass out something to fix it.
If it's affected, that is.

dreamfall

God dammit! I hope it's alright. lovelovelove Remedy. I'm buying an XBO primarily for this, can't wait to see more of it at Gamescom!

Volotaire

I find it a shame since it seemed that this was going to be quite integral to the game's narrative. It also excited me because it was going to be premised around the villains of the game. i hope it doesn't harm the narrative's scope and ambition, if the TV aspect was a central pillar early in development for the project.

Wouldn't this be the sort of thing you'd film many months before you were going to show off a playable build to the press?

This is what was I thinking. They had to have filmed most of those segments already or are very close to finishing filming on them.

Either way, it doesn't seem like a huge project and would be a huge FU to Remedy if they did decide to pull the plug this late in the game.

Xando

really wonder about this game then.
i thought the hole series stuff was integrated in the game, makes me wonder if they have to change the hole concept now.

Jomjom

Banned
If it's truly gone it's no big loss. I feel like remedy only shoehorned the TV stuff in to go with MS's then TV TV TV initiative. I'm confident it'll be an even better game now.

If it's truly gone it's no big loss. I feel like remedy only shoehorned the TV stuff in to go with MS's then TV TV TV initiative. I'm confident it'll be an even better game now.

The TV stuff for Alan Wake was so good though. If any company could have done a good job tying two narrative mediums together it would be Remedy.

nah seemed like a good leap from the TV stuff in max payne and Alan wake.

Bsigg12

We'll find out for sure at Gamescom I would assume. I could see Microsoft electing to pay a team to finish the show for Remedy though.

jelly

Sure there will be a cut off point and they won't just axe almost completed content especially when it's part of the actual game. Microsoft are just winding down and picking their battles. If they can do it before this studio was created they can do it again. Hope MS doesn't leave them hanging out to dry.

Top Bottom