• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Queen Elizabeth II has passed away

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Feel Sorry For You Rest In Peace GIF by bad arithmetic

YCoCg

The day of the funeral is going to be like a Sunday on steroids at this rate, places being forced to close all day, you won't be able to buy food on the day, etc.

The day of the funeral is going to be like a Sunday on steroids at this rate, places being forced to close all day, you won't be able to buy food on the day, etc.
it's beyond ridiculous now. doctor appointments being cancelled and can't buy food. the entire country will grind to a halt on monday.

i didn't hate the queen. i quite liked her but i can't wait until this is all over. well i suppose we'll be hearing about it for months yet but once the funeral is out the way that'll be a relief.

Nope, the angle will change quickly to Charles.
what i meant was we'll be hearing about this whole thing for a while still. whether it be QEII or KCIII. i mean his coronation probably won't be until next year so we are a long way before shit settles down.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Last time we had a king die was 1952 so people moaning about shops etc need to get a grip. Buy food on Sunday ffs.

Doctors however any old fucking excuse not to see anyone 🤣 they’ll need the rest of the week to catch up on paperwork. Or what the rest of us call playing golf.

Solarstrike

Watching the procession, the guards, the people. So many people of all races coming to see her in rest. Some to bow, say a prayer, mumble a wish or give thanks. The love for the Queen is real, pronounced, and without doubt.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
it's beyond ridiculous now. doctor appointments being cancelled and can't buy food. the entire country will grind to a halt on monday.

i didn't hate the queen. i quite liked her but i can't wait until this is all over. well i suppose we'll be hearing about it for months yet but once the funeral is out the way that'll be a relief.

I can understand non essential shops being shut, but not food shops. Same with medical appointments. No way should GP appointments be cancelled. I'm not against the monarchy in anyway, however a person's health is more important than a state funeral, regardless of the historical significance.

Tams

Gold Member
You'll still be able to buy Domino's after the funeral (at 12:00), so calm your tits.

No McDonald's, but I'm sure you'll survive.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Jesus Christ. Its the Queens state fucking funeral.

If she’d died a couple of days earlier the funeral would have been on the weekend and people would have been moaning that they were going to a BBQ or away for the weekend but they can’t now cos that inconsiderate hateful old cow had the audacity to die.

It’s a one off.

Majority of supermarkets open again from 17:00. Your local corner shop will be open so you can get your monster energy and rizzla papers. You’ll survive.

A day off is the only thing us republicans can get out of this, Y YCoCg stop trying to deny us even this tiny bit of respite.

i will be spending the day as the monarchs dictated. Stuck on the first puzzle of the new Monkey Island game.

YCoCg

A day off is the only thing us republicans can get out of this, Y YCoCg stop trying to deny us even this tiny bit of respite.

i will be spending the day as the monarchs dictated. Stuck on the first puzzle of the new Monkey Island game.
Oh shit that's out the same day, I forgot about that! Then I too shall pay my respects, the pirate way.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Last time we had a king die was 1952 so people moaning about shops etc need to get a grip. Buy food on Sunday ffs.

Doctors however any old fucking excuse not to see anyone 🤣 they’ll need the rest of the week to catch up on paperwork. Or what the rest of us call playing golf.
On Sunday everyone go wild with yellow sticker action.

Go_Ly_Dow

This is well worth a read, especially for any American friends here:

If it's stuck behind a paywall for anyone, I can paste the article, but I think you should be able read a few without issue.

Last edited:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-62913032

It's lovely that people from the colonies want to pay their respects to their sovereign ruler. However, in future if you are going to visit the motherland please learn to repress your feelings before you arrive. Public (and even private) displays of emotion shame us all.

It's very difficult to rule the world and ruthlessly exploit millions of people, steal their property and oversee their enslavement if one insists on engaging with ones 'feelings'. It's better to leave that at the door when you arrive.

Of course, this will results in a loveless and sexless marriage, emotional estrangement from one's own children and a life of quiet desperation. But, this is a small price to pay for never having to learn a foreign language, being able to tolerate inclement weather and a sense of superiority over all other people.

Last edited:
It's lovely that people from the colonies want to pay their respects to their sovereign ruler. However, in future if you are going to visit the motherland please learn to repress your feelings before you arrive. Public (and even private) displays of emotion embarrass us all.

It's very difficult to rule the world and ruthlessly exploit millions of people, steal their property and oversee their enslavement if one insists on engaging with ones 'feelings'. It's better to leave that at the door when you arrive.

Of course, this will results in a loveless and sexless marriage, emotional estrangement from one's own children and a life of quiet desperation. But, this is a small price to pay for never having to learn a foreign language, being able to tolerate inclement weather and a sense of superiority over all other people.

Cringe Reaction GIF

Prison Mike

Banned

It's lovely that people from the colonies want to pay their respects to their sovereign ruler. However, in future if you are going to visit the motherland please learn to repress your feelings before you arrive. Public (and even private) displays of emotion shame us all.

Somebody need some attention.......

OZ9000

Banned

I laughed my ass off at that video. That was so pathetic.

Also, any bets that the casket is actually empty?

Jezbollah

Is everything ok at home?

Kilau

Gold Member

07-Feelings.gif

SirTerry-T

I don't know where to put this, but the king getting frustrated with the fountain pen is maybe the most British thing.

The poor bloke could probably do with a few good night's sleep.

Whether you're a King or a window cleaner, the most stressful thing to deal with after losing someone close is having to "deal with all the shit" when all you want to do is give your loved one a good send off so you can have the chance to grieve in private.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
With all due respect, but what a heavy and hateful person.

If he don't want to be King, better give it to someone else.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Whether you're a King or a window cleaner, the most stressful thing to deal with after losing someone close is having to "deal with all the shit" when all you want to do is give your loved one a good send off so you can have the chance to grieve in private.
This. His personal tragedy is on display for the whole planet to see, some people need to get some fucking perspective.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Parents fucked you up bad, eh?

Tams

Gold Member
With all due respect, but what a heavy and hateful person.

If he don't want to be King, better give it to someone else.
Perhaps he is and we'll see what kind of monarch he will be.

But he just lost his fucking mum, and feels an obligation to go ahead with this whole mourning procedure, in public (yes, I think if they want to remain the royal family that they absolutely must do this in public - that doesn't prevent me from recognising how fucking hard it must be emotionally).

I bet you wouldn't hold up as well. And starting your comment with 'With all due respect' is a sign that you have none.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Perhaps he is and we'll see what kind of monarch he will be.

But he just lost his fucking mum, and feels an obligation to go ahead with this whole mourning procedure, in public (yes, I think if they want to remain the royal family that they absolutely must do this in public - that doesn't prevent me from recognising how fucking hard it must be emotionally).

I bet you wouldn't hold up as well. And starting your comment with 'With all due respect' is a sign that you have none.

Yes, the loss is understandable... But he is the king of an important country and he has the responsibility, he must behave as such, more so because of the current media. And you're right...

I don't want to be king and it's not within my field of life...

But there are many people who are seen to be more capable than King Carlos III.

Tams

Gold Member
Yes, the loss is understandable... But he is the king of an important country and he has the responsibility, he must behave as such, more so because of the current media. And you're right...

I don't want to be king and it's not within my field of life...

But there are many people who are seen to be more capable than King Carlos III.
You're going to judge his entire reign on a moment of extreme grief?

Sorry, but that's just really fucking stupid.

Heimdall_Xtreme

You're going to judge his entire reign on a moment of extreme grief?

Sorry, but that's just really fucking stupid.
Not really.

He has to get up. And it is understood that his life was not easy even when he was a child... But he must already have the willpower and raise his head...

He cannot be depressed for the rest of his life, as he has been demonstrating all these years.

Top Bottom