• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick Q: Does the Japanese release of Space Channel 5 on DC have an English option?

BuG

I'm just trying to toss up between getting the US or JP release of Space Channel 5 on the Dreamcast. I prefer the JP cover art but I can't understand a lick of the language. I've tried Google and a couple of FAQs but the few results I got were a little vague. So, yeah, I'd just like to know if there's enough English (menus, voices, in-game text, etc.) in the JP release to get by for the game's entirety?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nope, no English option.

However, Ulala gives all the game's commands in English (up, down, right, left, shoot, etc.), so playing the game wouldn't be a problem.

BuG

Cheers, Lyte Edge. That certainly is the dilemma, though. US version so I can understand everything or JP version for the sweet packaging.

BuG

I'm a tight-arse, so it's one or the other for me. Where is it for $8? Online?

edit: Are there any differences between the two versions? Song changes, lyric changes?

aoi tsuki

Wish i had known you were looking for it BuG. Circuit City had/has it for $5. Funny, i started to get it, thinking someone might want it...

i opted against importing when it was released because i figured it'd be much more enjoyable in Enlish. You lose a lot of the style when you don't understand it, and the US voice acting is done really well. But if you can get the Japanese version as well, go for it. The US version's lenticular cover was a nifty idea, but the art sucked anyways. Japanese version is best, as usual.

BuG

Bit late with the reply here... that is too bad, I'd have liked to pick up a dirt cheap US version as well. No worries. I decided to order the JP version for now and I'll probably get the US version later on if I don't feel I'm getting much out of the JP one. I just couldn't resist Ulala on the JP cover... :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Stick with the Japanese DC version, then buy the PS2 U.S. version, and you'll get both SC5 1 and 2 in English for cheap.

Top Bottom