• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R* clarify BC for GTA V, RDR2 on PS5 and Xbox X|S (can transfer savedata)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...tibility-on-playstation-5-and-xbox-series-x-s

CQWzvE.jpg

the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2 will be playable on these new consoles via backward compatibility, along with the most recent versions of L.A. Noire (including the PlayStation VR version of L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files), and a number of classic Rockstar titles.

If you own a disc-based copy of any backward compatible game, you'll be able to insert that disc directly into your new PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X (excludes PlayStation 5 Digital Edition and Xbox Series S consoles). Meanwhile, digital game owners will have instant access to download any compatible Rockstar Games titles they already have tied to their PlayStation Network or Xbox Live accounts. On PlayStation 5 these will be available from the Your Collection section of your Game Library and on Xbox Series X|S from the Ready to Install section.

Either way, you’ll be able to pick up right where you left off. Transfer save files and full games via LAN cables, connecting wirelessly, or with USB storage. You can also transfer the most recent cloud save tied to your PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live account – you may want to ensure cloud saves are enabled on your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console before playing on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S.

HarryKS

I'm almost certain they said they were porting GTA 5 to the new consoles. Not just as a BC-Title, but a full blown PS5 port. When they did that shark thing 1 million per month.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I remember when Andrew House was saying how you can import your save from Xbox 360 onto PS4 with GTA V... Hopefully my mind is not acting out, but I am almost sure of it.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I remember when Andrew House was saying how you can import your save from Xbox 360 onto PS4 with GTA V... Hopefully my mind is not acting out, but I am almost sure of it.

I think that was your GTA Online character only.

Top Bottom