• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rabbids Go Home: New Adventure game for Wii.

Though the three party games the Rabbids have now appeared in give some vague context to their existence, the upcoming Rabbids Go Home is the one that truly expands upon their story and gives the fuzzy little creatures a twisted and unforgettable adventure to take on."

"So what's the story behind this Rabbids adventure? The Rabbids want to go home. Where's home? Not even the Rabbids know for sure, but the moon has caught their attention—and become "home" in the process. Now the Rabbids must collect and build a pile of junk high enough that they can reach the moon. It's an odd setup, and from what we can tell, the story is the sanest part of the game."

"When playing the game, you control two Rabbids at once: one who sits inside a shopping cart, and another who pushes it. Collecting junk is as easy as touching it ot make it fly into your cart, though some pieces require an extra step. For instance, if you want to collect the clothes off one of the many human citizens in the world, you use your "Bwah!" attack to scare the clothes right off of their bodies, leaving them shivering in their underwear."

"Items aren't just for building a mountain to the moon. "Lots of the stuff the Rabbids snag throughout the adventure will give players new abilities for moving or attacking with the shopping cart."

Info is from latest Nintendo Power.
Scans look good for this as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12pXW...layer_embedded

Interview (in French) for the game. Shows voice actors, development and some video clips of the game.

markatisu

The Rabbids are awesome, their last "mini-game" outing TV party was fantastic as well (much better than 1 or 2)

Amir0x

Banned
IF NOT APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

Finally a concept in this universe that sounds interesting! Like Katamari Rayman or something, I don't know. Hopefully it won't be balls like every other Rabbids game, but this is a step in the right direction!

IF APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

Son of a bitch!

Haunted

8g4gop3.gif

KATAMARI RABBICY

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Amir0x said:
IF NOT APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

Finally a concept in this universe that sounds interesting! Like Katamari Rayman or something, I don't know. Hopefully it won't be balls like every other Rabbids game, but this is a step in the right direction!

IF APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

Son of a bitch!

Don't worry, that banned nintendo site has the scans!

plank

- action/adventure game
- Rabbids have decided they want to go home, but they don’t know where home is. For whatever reason, they decide that the Moon is their destination
- Rabbids goal is to collect enough junk to build a tower to reach the moon
- control two Rabbids at once: one sits inside a shopping cart, another pushes
- push cart into various junk to collect it
- some items require extra steps to collect
- use ‘BWAH!’ attack to scare clothing off of NPCs, then collect to add to your tower
- other items are used to give rabbids new abilities, power-ups for their cart

Scans ore out there.

Azure J

Amir0x said:
IF NOT APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

IF APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

Son of a bitch!

Needs more notions towards a platformer Rayman 4 if you ask me, but otherwise, agreed again.

Stop thinking like me dammit. :lol

Edit - Oh cool, it's real!

Haunted

Concept art is appropriately awesome. Can't make out too much from the single screen.

God, I love those little fuckers, very happy.

stuminus3 said:
Haha stupid Rayman he has no arms or legs or starring roles.
:lol

Ancel is busy anyway. And who wants a Rayman game without Ancel?

markatisu

The scans look good, of course most of the rabbid cgi movie stuff is high quality so I want to see it in motion.

Sadly I liked the cartoonish style they used a lot of in TV Party

MoogPaul

In my personal opinion, I think it's time to revisit the whole go nintendo being banned thing. I think most people know that it's just a blog of collected information on the web, but considering how much info has been coming from the site, they get their own interviews and exclusive information from smaller dev houses (WiiWare type stuff). They do still post scans and all but I think they've really cleaned up their act over there. Too bad their website still hurts my eyes though. But then again, this is just one person's opinion.

Sadist

Wii is evolving :|

But seriously, I'm happy with this news if true. The Rabbids deserve a game where they aren't whored out for minigames.

Chumly

Rhythm Heaven (DS): 9.0
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (DS): 7.0
Excitebots (Wii): 8.0
Klonoa (Wii): 9.0
Steal Princess (DS): 6.0
Major Minor’s Majestic March (Wii): 6.0
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Director’s Cut (Wii): 7.0
Don King Boxing (Wii): 5.5
Dokapon Journey (DS): 4.0
GTA Chinatown Wars (DS): 9.0
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Wii): 7.5
Touch Mechanic (DS): 5.0
The Dark Spire (DS): 5.0
Pokemon Platinum (DS): 9.0

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Are they finally going to stop wasting one of the best IPs of this generation? Find it out in the next episode of Believe!

FoneBone

Amir0x said:
I know it's IN Nintendo Power... I mean, how do we know it's not Nintendo Power's April FOOL? :lol
a. It's not big/weird enough
b. April Fool's jokes appear in issues with April cover dates. This is the May issue.

Anyway, it's not Rayman 4, but something genuinely interesting coming out of this series? Fucking finally.

bridegur said:
I'm not sure if this is real or not, but what's happened to actual Rayman games?
Raving Rabbids was originally supposed to be Rayman 4, but Ubisoft made Ancel change it into party games.

MoogPaul said:
In my personal opinion, I think it's time to revisit the whole go nintendo being banned thing. I think most people know that it's just a blog of collected information on the web, but considering how much info has been coming from the site, they get their own interviews and exclusive information from smaller dev houses (WiiWare type stuff). They do still post scans and all but I think they've really cleaned up their act over there. Too bad their website still hurts my eyes though. But then again, this is just one person's opinion.

Well, I got my news from the source itself (poster on GameFAQs)

Shiggy

Amir0x said:
IF NOT APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

IF APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

Son of a bitch!

We knew that it was coming for some kind now, even the title was leaked. So don't worry.

This is the kind of game that the Rabbid's design actually deserves. I hated the minigame collections but adored the animated shorts that preceded the games' release. So... tentatively excited.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
EmCeeGramr said:
Raving Rabbids was originally supposed to be Rayman 4, but Ubisoft made Ancel change it into party games.
Which supposedly - if legends are to be believed - made Ancel upset and set some things in motion. Things that later led to Beyond Good & Evil 2 being greenlit.

Sadist

So... we got scans of Takes of Grace and Takt of Magic, the reveal of Silent Hill and a non-minigame Raving Rabbids?

Stupid date of today :(

Mdk7

Dragona Akehi said:
This is the kind of game that the Rabbid's design actually deserves. I hated the minigame collections but adored the animated shorts that preceded the games' release. So... tentatively excited.
Same here, even if i don't trust UbiLOL animore.

Haunted

I think I need a new avatar variant for this announcement.

and yeah, what's with all the announcements today of all days. >_<

Vinci

Danish
About damn time! Finally, a different game with these lil' bastards. Been looking forward to one - though I don't mind the minigames. Just nice to see their role being expanded.

bridegur

Artistically, the (clearly from a cutscene) shots look wonderful. Hopefully there's a decent game to back the style up.

Gagaman

So after this we will get a real Rayman 4 right?

...right?

Ah who am I kidding, Rayman is dead to Ubisoft, I'm surprised they even left his name in the last two games. I doubt a lot of people that play those games doesn't even know who Rayman is. :(

Still, this sounds quite interesting, glad they're getting away from mini game collections with this one.

CTLance

While I'm more hoping for a Lemmings clone, this will do for the time being. :D

Yay, no more minigames.

...and no more Rayman?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Amir0x said:
IF NOT APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

IF APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

Son of a bitch!
Pretty much this.

Rayman has become such a joke recently, and while this still isn't what I want to see, it's a step in the right direction, as long it is real.

Top Bottom