• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racist Investor Marc Faber:"Thank God white people populated America, not the blacks"

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Between this and the Black Panther trailer thread where some people can't fathom a fictional African being vastly more technologically advanced than the rest of it's fictional world...whew.
Uh oh, I wasn't interested in the thread before. Sounds interesting now.

Nepenthe

Weird how white racists take credit for the economic highs but never the depressions, recessions, wars, and economic anxiety they continually cause while in power. Hell, point this out and they bitch about how they're not responsible for "the sins of their forefathers."

tbm24

Weird how white racists take credit for the economic highs but never the depressions, recessions, wars, and economic anxiety they continually cause while in power. Hell, point this out and they bitch about how they're not responsible for "the sins of their forefathers."
Just before they thank god for them.

KillLaCam

Banned
Does he realize that the Asia wasn't developed by white ppl lol? Why is he living there. Even with his "logic" he shouldn't want to be there

Derwind

“Thank God white people populated America, not the blacks. Otherwise, the US would look like Zimbabwe, which it might look like one day anyway, but at least America enjoyed 200 years in the economic and political sun under a white majority.”

Funny, given that many global institutions that have tilted the scale in favour of Western powers which has largely kept countries like Zimbabwe shackled economically was conceived by the US itself after WW2.

I find it interesting he went from pure logical negation ("I'm not a racist...") to tautological proof ("If I say something racist then I am racist; I say something racist.") in the span of about a paragraph.

It kind of reminds me of the Meatwad "Now I don't want to do anything illegal here, but..." conjecture.

Funny, given that many global institutions that have tilted the scale in favour of Western powers which has largely kept countries like Zimbabwe shackled economically was conceived by the US itself after WW2.

Eh, a lot of Zimbabwe's economic problems have to mostly do with Mugabe not understanding modern agriculture or economics. That said, the entire reason why Mugabe and his shitshow of a regime even exist in the first place is because of the deplorable apartheid-esque regime of Ian Smith that lasted in the country until 1979, with Mugabe taking advantage of legitimate grievances from that time period and his own status as a revolutionary leader to systematically wrestle more power into his hands until he was the only one at the top.

I genuinely wonder where he would draw the line between who's a racist and who isn't. He sure didn't drawn at talking about the inferiority of "the blacks" and the superiority of white people. That'd be downright silly. Maybe he'd have a lot to say about the dangers of reverse-racism though.

Mael

If this isn't racism, nothing is AT ALL.
He could be wearing a Nazi SS uniform while faking a german accent while having a foot on the back of a black person it wouldn't be much more racist than what he's already spouting.

I have to wonder what a "I'm not a racist" person actually considers to be racist. Do you have to kill someone to be racist?

They think that racism is an illogical hatred of other races. They think that their own personal feelings don't amount to hatred (just simple disdain) and are inherently logical (based on their misapplication of certain logical principles). That's why you always see "I'm not racist, these are just facts" (note that this is almost verbatim the defense this guy offers).

SoulUnison

Banned
Racists don't "feel" like they're racists because they don't think they hate, like, individual black people - they might even have black friends, who are "some of the 'good' ones!"
I recently dropped a "friend" entirely because (among other things) off-hand statements started adding up to a point where I couldn't ignore them or give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

For example, when I pointed out how Trump has multiple times been reprimanded for blatantly making racial discrimination part of his rental practices, this guy replied: "I can see where he's coming from - blacks lower property values."

To him that's not racism, it's just "stating a fact" and "telling it like it is."
He's not "racist," he just thinks racial discrimination can be a lucrative and legitimate business practice!

And of course, "Systemic/institutional racism doesn't exist!"
Despite that he can state an opinion like that and consider it a legitimate way of running the housing market.

Enzom21

I have to wonder what a "I'm not a racist" person actually considers to be racist. Do you have to kill someone to be racist?

Anything remotely negative said about white people.
They are the first ones to complain about everyone "making things racial" and they try to deny any and all racism directed at non-whites.
Used to happen here a lot, that was seanspeed's MO.

Derwind

Eh, a lot of Zimbabwe's economic problems have to mostly do with Mugabe not understanding modern agriculture or economics. That said, the entire reason why Mugabe and his shitshow of a regime even exist in the first place is because of the deplorable apartheid-esque regime of Ian Smith that lasted in the country until 1979, with Mugabe taking advantage of legitimate grievances from that time period and his own status as a revolutionary leader to systematically wrestle more power into his hands until he was the only one at the top.

While you're right, I was speaking in the broader sense and with or without Mugabe, institutions like IMF, the World Bank, GATT(WTO)... ect have done irreperable damage to developing nation since their inception. And the US is largely responsible in sculpting the global economic landscape post WW2.

That statement really belies a lack of understanding of the historical and global forces that have influenced Zimbabwe as a nation to be economically less prosperous, relatively, to its European and North American peers.
In one of his follow up comments, Faber acknowledges colonialism, but he asserts that Western colonialism was a good thing for Africa.
Nonsense of course,but like I said in the OP it's interesting that he seems to be oblivious to the history of that area. It was a prosperous and advanced kingdom in the Middle Ages.

Ac30

China was conquered by nearly every major power at the time and divided up from the mid 19th century to after WWII. A lot of China's success came from managing to leverage their population into a manual labor force, then moving over to industrial and skill based as they are now.

Not saying I disagree, but China was the whipping boy in Asia for quite some time(Russia, Britain, French, Japan, and Germany all had parts). So saying they were never colonized is a lie. They basically got lucky the US pushed through the China Open Door policy(Only because they had no presence).

The Chinese handed out plenty of concessions but I'm quite sure they were never administered by a Western foreign power, unless my Chinese history knowledge is that rusty.

Bold One

I've seen 'The Whites are at it again" meme floating about here and there -

I assume he looks like this?

slide12-twop-worstdads-04-hawthorne-jpg_011212.jpg

Mivey

Someone should make "I am not racist" T-Shirts. At least then you can tell who they are without even having to listen to them.

Not shocked. A lot of people that are racist feel that way. Real problem is those totally not racist really folks that play "both sides" with shit like this.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
a RACIST swiss economist?! i mean... i never thought i word hear those words together in that order
on opposite day

Raiden

Banned
Yes Obama was the worst thing to happen to wall street and America. Thank god we can bathe in the glory of a new white president.

Mael

a RACIST swiss economist?! i mean... i never thought i word hear those words together in that order
on opposite day

Racist swiss people are that uncommon that you can't find an economist among them.
on opposite day
yes, I misread your post and trying to save it that way

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Between this and the Black Panther trailer thread where some people can't fathom a fictional African country being vastly more technologically advanced than the rest of it's fictional world...whew.

its no wonder why white people never took to BP before the movies emphasized him. I dont want to be a racist and say "eat white people", but...atleast the ones that are shit

Racist: "<says something racist>. But that doesn't make me racist tho."

I'm sure he buoys himself in not feeling racist by likely propping up asian culture (which I'm assuming he does since he lives there, likely with an asian wife).

Furyous

Between this and the Black Panther trailer thread where some people can't fathom a fictional African country being vastly more technologically advanced than the rest of it's fictional world...whew.

??? What happened?

What is Marc invested in? I want to know so I can get rid of my investment in these ventures because fuck supporting whatever he supports. Every one of my "friends" that have espoused such perspectives are blocked now.

??? What happened?
"I'm fine with tony building full suit of power armor in a cave some where hooked up to a car battery."

"I'm fine with steve gettin injected with super roids that make superhuman and make him immune to getting drunk."

"But a super technologically advance country in Africa full of black people is completely unbelievable!"

Top Bottom