• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racists Getting Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
This site is amazing.

You'll never believe what happened to these people after they posted!

tumblr_nfmdnxHpFC1qzih6bo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nfnm6tExms1qmrxp2o7_500.png

Mexen

Is racism a genetic thing? They only time I think I'm better than someone is when it comes to morality, intellect or skill. I compare myself to them, if need be, as an individual in the aforementioned contexts, never because of their skin colour. I've never understood why it should matter. Like seriously, how does having a certain skin colour per se make one superior or inferior?

Always nice to see racist idiots paying the price for spouting their hate speech online with their real names and pictures. Idiots.

2San

Is racism a genetic thing? They only time I think I'm better than someone is when it comes to morality, intellect or skill. I compare myself to them, if need be, as an individual in the aforementioned contexts, never because of their skin colour. I've never understood why it should matter. Like seriously, how does having a certain skin colour per se make one superior or inferior?
I really do believe people are predisposed to be prejudiced, considering you can find all types of racists all over the world.

Alx

I wonder how they justify the firing. Is there a "not racist" clause in truck drivers contract ?

Gibbo

As much as I want Racists to be named and shame, I'm not comfortable with Internet vigilantism. It can spiral out of control quite quickly (eg. what happened during the first couple of hours following the Boston Marathon bombing)

Fliesen

should people be fired for what they say outside work? Seems kind of wrong no matter how racist they are

i'm also not sure how i should think about this.

Thing is, they're not being fired because the boss is disgusted by them but because there are outside people, possible consumers, who are not okay with it.

If i got 100 emails saying "your parking lot smells like poop" i can't be all "deal with it, i like that rural smell!".

i do believe this doesn't really contribute to these people learning their lessons, really ... as all they'll take away will be "fucking n
a
ggers got me fired." and not "i better rethink my thoughts on racial issues" :/

vityaz

Yes, racists usually think intellect, skill and more is connected to the race. The skin color makes it easier for them to (think they can) identify people and their background.

Watevaman

I used to do work with the company that VA TRUCK DRIVER guy works for. While it's not surprising that there are racist shitbags working there, it's definitely strange because a majority of the workers were hispanic.

Lebron

should people be fired for what they say outside work? Seems kind of wrong no matter how racist they are
A lot of companies have it in their contract (that you have to sign and agree to for employment) that you're liable for your actions "if they reflect poorly on the company" even outside of work.

Don't want to get fired? Don't do stupid shit in public. It's pretty simple.

Hjod

Banned
A lot of companies have it in their contract (that you have to sign and agree to for employment) that you're liable for your actions "if they reflect poorly on the company" even outside of work.

Don't want to get fired? Don't do stupid shit in public. It's pretty simple.

Yeah, I had to sign a code of conduct when I started working at the place I work for, I could be fired if I wrote such stupid shit on social media, I think I could be fired if I talked shit about the company too.

As much as I want Racists to be named and shame, I'm not comfortable with Internet vigilantism. It can spiral out of control quite quickly (eg. what happened during the first couple of hours following the Boston Marathon bombing)

Considering how many people across the world have been killed by racists, for racist "causes", I'd say we got a long time before the bad has outweighed the good.

tkscz

I'm conflicted by the actions. On one hand, I'm black so I'm definitely offended by this. However I don't feel we have the right to get them fired. At the same time, I wouldn't want anyone of other races/ are in an interracial relationship to deal with these assholes, but still, I don't know how they interact to people in their work place or even if they have to.

I sort of feel ashamed that my initial reaction to this was "aww that seems cruel" and not "fuck those racist arsewipes to hell".

Obviously the second reaction is probably more fruitful. 21st century, motherfucker.

i don't feel sorry for them but that's not a practice i would support.

I completely support this shit. Public shaming is the only way assholes like these will ever understand how inappropriate their speech is. If I had an employee that posted shit like this on the Internet I'd want to know.

Devil

I can see why people don't like the snitching part. But seriously, if you're stupid enough to post things like this publicly you don't deserve any better. People still don't know how to use social media to don't get them fucked. If you know that you could get fired for the shit you just posted, don't fucking post it.

oneils

I dont get why people are uncomfortable with this. If one of my employees posted stuff like this, I would want to know and I would discipline them or fire them.

I completely support this shit. Public shaming is the only way assholes like these will ever understand how inappropriate their speech is. If I had an employee that posted shit like this on the Internet I'd want to know.
Yes these people are definitly going to look into themselves and question their beliefs, not double down on them now that they've been fired, helping fuel a persecution complex.

tkscz

The problem is that this can easily backfire. They may not learn their lesson at all and may turn this into more hate.

hohoXD123

The problem is that this can easily backfire. They may not learn their lesson at all and may turn this into more hate.

Alternatively, if there are no repercussions to posting things like this, they'll most likely carry on and possibly escalate.

I can see why people don't like the snitching part. But seriously, if you're stupid enough to post things like this publicly you don't deserve any better. People still don't know how to use social media to don't get them fucked. If you know that you could get fired for the shit you just posted, don't fucking post it.

Like people here are saying, if its written into your contract under an employee code of conduct, then its perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom