• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Silvergun could come to Switch

El_Belmondo

Oct 17, 2018
So, uh... yeah, basically this came from Tresaure's Twitter account

We already have Ikaruga iirc. It would be neat, but nothing seems to be set in stone

BloodFalcon64

Jan 9, 2018
Give me this in cartridge form and I'll pay whatever you want Treasure but just give it to us.

Al3x1s

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nov 24, 2018
That would be cool, I've never played this, for shame :(

Last edited:

Tekkie

May 18, 2013
That'd be awesome, I loved Ikaruga but I never got to play Radiant Silver Gun. I hope they can do it.

AhmedGo

Neo Member
Nov 19, 2018
They should do a retail pack for this and ikaruga, in any case I'm buying if it's digital only

Kazza

Oct 6, 2018
Please, do PC as well!
Yes, please release this on steam too, Treasure (it's already on Xbox Live, for people with an Xbox).

Also, Guardian Heroes would be another good game to port. Since they already went to the trouble of porting the much inferior Code of Princess, I don't see why they shouldn't.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Yeah boiiiii! Nicalis (the publisher who worked with Treasure recently to releas Ikaruga) was also teasing a physical version of Ikaruga. I'd love it of we got more of Treasure's catalogue.

Plus we got Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, and Dynamite Headdy all together on the recent SEGA Genesis collection.

A modern port of Treasure's Gradius V would be droolworthy...

• Love
Reactions: Cubamus Prime

JunkerWoland

Jun 29, 2016
Another port (or a port of a port) of Radiant Silvergun certainly wouldn't be a bad thing, but it's a shame Treasure has seemingly been unable to carve a profitable enough niche for itself in the current industry to sustain new game development.

Al3x1s

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nov 24, 2018
Another port (or a port of a port) of Radiant Silvergun certainly wouldn't be a bad thing, but it's a shame Treasure has seemingly been unable to carve a profitable enough niche for itself in the current industry to sustain new game development.
Well if it somehow gains traction on Switch like other smaller games did, it could let them do a new game. Like Sin & Punishment 1's port on Wii VC let them get funded for 2 (doh, port this Nintendo!).

Last edited:

JunkerWoland

Jun 29, 2016
Well if it somehow gains traction on Switch like other smaller games did, it could let them do a new game. Like Sin & Punishment 1's port on Wii VC let them get funded for 2 (doh, port this Nintendo!).
The last console generation would suggest selling ports of old games isn't enough for Treasure to support the independent development of completely new content. While I'd definitely be pleased to see the company's fortune take a turn for the better, I'm not expecting any new games from them, even if they manage a port of Radiant Silvergun or some other classic titles.

Cubamus Prime

Feb 5, 2018
Yeah boiiiii! Nicalis (the publisher who worked with Treasure recently to releas Ikaruga) was also teasing a physical version of Ikaruga. I'd love it of we got more of Treasure's catalogue.

Plus we got Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, and Dynamite Headdy all together on the recent SEGA Genesis collection.

A modern port of Treasure's Gradius V would be droolworthy...
That is up to Crapnami now

Reactions: DunDunDunpachi