• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rage Against the Machine Announce 2020 Tour with Run The Jewels

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
poster.jpg

I.AM.HYPED.

Rage Against the Machine Tour Dates

March 26 — El Paso, TX @ Don Haskins Center
March 28 — Las Cruces, NM @ Pan American Center
March 30 — Glendale, AZ @ Gila River Arena
April 10 — Indio, CA @ Coachella
April 17 — Indio, CA @ Coachella
April 21 — Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena
April 25 — Portland, OR @ Moda Center
April 28 — Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
May 1 — Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum at the PNE
May 3 — Edmonton, AB @ Rogers Place
May 5 — Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome
May 7 — Winnipeg, MB @ Bell MTS Place
May 9 — Sioux Falls, SD @ Denny Sanford Premier Center
May 11 — Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
May 14 — Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
May 16 — St. Louis, MO @ Enterprise Center
May 19 — Chicago, IL @ United Center
May 23 — Boston, MA @ Boston Calling
June 19 — Dover, DE @ Firefly
July 10 — East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
July 13 — Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena
July 17 — Ottawa, ON @ Ottawa Bluesfest
July 18 — Festival d’Été de Québec @ Festival d’Été de Québec
July 21 — Hamilton, ON @ FirstOntario Centre
July 23 — Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
July 27 — Buffalo, NY @ KeyBank Center
July 29 — Cleveland, OH @ Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
July 31 — Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
August 2 — Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena
August 4 — Washington DC @ Capital One Arena
August 7 — Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion
August 10 — New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
August 11 — New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
August 28 — Leeds, UK @ Leeds Festival
August 30 — Reading, UK @ Reading Festival
September 1 — Paris, France @ Rock En Seine Festival
September 4 — Stradbally Laois, Ireland @ Electric Picnic Festival
September 6 — Berlin, Germany @ Lollapalooza Berlin Festival
September 8 — Prague, Czech Republic @ O2 Arena
September 10 — Krakow, Poland @ Tauron Arena

ON SALE THURSDAY 2/13 AT 11AM LOCAL TIME

cancel if old.

Last edited:
Yeah I got this alert earlier. If it was at a smaller venue I'd probably go. They seem to be playing mostly huge venues.

I saw them years ago at one of the Tibetan Freedom Concerts, just the one time. They're obviously great live. I just haven't really listened to them for a very long time.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Yeah I got this alert earlier. If it was at a smaller venue I'd probably go. They seem to be playing mostly huge venues.

I saw them years ago at one of the Tibetan Freedom Concerts, just the one time. They're obviously great live. I just haven't really listened to them for a very long time.

Yeah, Moda center for Portland, that' kind of sucks, last time I saw them was at the Hawthorne theater and it was so much better.

No, sorry, "Lil uzi vert peep pump waka flocka gucci brapp brapp sizzurp face" are not performing with these OGs.
My girlfriend just dragged me to Post Malone. Let me assure you any of that shit even vaguely like that sucks so much ass live you wouldn't believe it. Literally just one guy on stage singing over a recording. Its karaoke.

Even an older band like Rage runs laps around them. A whole generation of people seem to not know what a good live show is.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
There’s so much more interesting music these days. RATM is incredibly generic and played out.

Normally I wouldn’t comment on something I’m not interested in but you all need to hear the truth since you want to go in on brap for a mild comment.

There’s so much more interesting music these days. RATM is incredibly generic and played out.

Normally I wouldn’t comment on something I’m not interested in but you all need to hear the truth since you want to go in on brap for a mild comment.
brap brap says the same thing on almost any live music thread lol.

brap

Banned
No, sorry, "Lil uzi vert peep pump waka flocka gucci brapp brapp sizzurp face" are not performing with these OGs.
By OG's you mean a band filled with rich guys talking about how capitalism bad and 2 goofy fuckin bernie bros? Fucking lmao dude. White liberals shouldn't make rap.

Even an older band like Rage runs laps around them. A whole generation of people seem to not know what a good live show is.
Well it sure as fuck isn't gonna be a bunch of 50 year old rich guys screaming about how capitalism bad before they go back to their mansions and eat caviar.

My girlfriend just dragged me to Post Malone. Let me assure you any of that shit even vaguely like that sucks so much ass live you wouldn't believe it. Literally just one guy on stage singing over a recording. Its karaoke.
Nice job complaining about the music of some goofy ass fake depressed fat white dude droning on and on. You really think he wouldn't be boring as fuck to see?

brap brap says the same thing on almost any live music thread lol.
Do I? I don't remember.

FUCK THIS BOOMER BAND

- Brap & Miyazaki
True tbh. Get some good taste in boomer bands like Bloodhound Gang, Weezer, Rush, Cake, Primus, etc.

Last edited:
By OG's you mean a band filled with rich guys talking about how capitalism bad and 2 goofy fuckin bernie bros? Fucking lmao dude. White liberals shouldn't make rap.

Well it sure as fuck isn't gonna be a bunch of 50 year old rich guys screaming about how capitalism bad before they go back to their mansions and eat caviar.

Nice job complaining about the music of some goofy ass fake depressed fat white dude droning on and on. You really think he wouldn't be boring as fuck to see?

Do I? I don't remember.

True tbh. Get some good taste in boomer bands like Bloodhound Gang, Weezer, Rush, Cake, Primus, etc.
No lol, it wasn't my choice to go to post malone. But the set up for the stage show is similar with that whole style of music. The openers were the same. Other shows I've seen like that are the same. It's just not that great live compared to a real band. It's literally singing over a recording.

brap

Banned
No lol, it wasn't my choice to go to post malone. But the set up for the stage show is similar with that whole style of music. The openers were the same. Other shows I've seen like that are the same. It's just not that great live compared to a real band. It's literally singing over a recording.
They all do that shit and it's pathetic. Rappers too busy rolling up weed to bother saying some words. You sounded surprised about it though which is why I said something.

They all do that shit and it's pathetic. Rappers too busy rolling up weed to bother saying some words. You sounded surprised about it though which is why I said something.
Well I tried to keep an open mind. It was a weak show though. Oh well ...

Wow, it takes me back. 20 years ago I was smoking pot and listening to this band thinking I was gonna change the greedy world with my rebelliousness.

Then I got a job because I didn’t want to be a bum. Also have expensive tastes.

eot

Banned
Are they putting out new music? It's usually a bad sign if they're not IMO.
Nostalgia tours are pretty hit and miss for me, especially with such attitude driven music.

Calling RATM generic, that's a new one

Last edited:

Naibel

Looooved RATM's debut as a teen, and I still think musically (and in terms of production, MY GOD it's sooo crisp and good !) it holds up fantastically well ! No complaints about that.

Lyrically, weeeelllll...

As a teen, I too wanted to burn the whole "machine" down and scream to my boomer parents : "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me !!".

Then, I grew up.

And now I find it hard not to cringe when listening to them, sadly... More power to you if you still enjoy them !

I do admit that listening sometimes to "Killing In The Name Of" is a riveting and cathartic experience...

Run The Jewels still kicks ass tho.

Last edited:
Hope Rage endorses Sanders, remake a Bulls on Parade video with him in it, and it goes to number one on the Billboard charts 24ish years after its initial release.

And if that all happens I want a cut.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This right here's a day ticket, but why in the absolute fuck are Idles not where Courteeners are? That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, 90% of the people at the mainstage will be running to the 2nd stage and back again.

N5AixfW.png

HotPocket69

Banned
nothing in Florida........ :messenger_loudly_crying:

Yeah seriously. No shows even remotely close to the southern states aside from El Paso 😔

I must’ve slept through the timeline shift where now people aren’t fans of Rage anymore.

What is it with 25 and unders having absolute SHIT TASTE in music?

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah seriously. No shows even remotely close to the southern states aside from El Paso 😔

I must’ve slept through the timeline shift where now people aren’t fans of Rage anymore.

What is it with 25 and unders having absolute SHIT TASTE in music?

They were preparing to become hormonal teenagers when Spotify launched and change music forever.

Think about it. Spotify brought with it an endless stream of recommendations and playlists. Tons of teenagers these days don't even know what they listen to. They just sub to playlists and have no attachment to music.

Top Bottom