• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok's Kratos vs Thor leaked fight scene now has over 2.3 million views in 24 hours on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markio128

music video GIF by Tritonal

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yes it does don't listen to this

the fight didn't spoil anything. It's like reading a book at page 300 for 20 pages thinking.. well this looks interesting.
yall way to fragile with this spoil shit. TLOU2 got spoiled to me and i still enjoyed it.

if the video is the quality of the game.. elden ring gonna lose

lol video taken offline.
OH WELL

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
It's literally the ending of GOW 2018

maxresdefault.jpg
Yup, I guess its a spoiler if you didn't play or finish GOW 2018.

Hell, watching the RE Village stream for the DLC I was spoiled on the ending for Village.

Now I need to think about DLC streams for any game I haven't played or finished yet.

Hot5pur

Yeah, at some point I I just have to accept the new GoW games are not made for the original fans.
This game looks good graphically, is well animated, and the characters are expressive.
The combat on the other hand looks mind numbingly boring (as with 2018) and the close-up over the shoulder view just makes it worse.
Really wish they gave Kratos more weapons, pulled out the camera, gave you a jump button and aerial combos. You could have still done the up-close stuff during finishers or special move strings that zoomed the camera in, but alas.

This particular fight was very boring.
At first you fight with shield and bare hands, using the same basic combo over and over, and the boss does the same telegraphed attacks. You'd think things will get more spicy when you get the axe and he gets the hammer, but no, a few extra moves that make the fight slightly more interesting because there is now a bit of range. Didn't seem like there was much of a strategy aside from repeating a basic combo string and the occasional dodge until boss went down.
I don't know, maybe I don't fit Sony's target audience which favors style over substance, or so it seems to me at least.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yeah, at some point I I just have to accept the new GoW games are not made for the original fans.
This game looks good graphically, is well animated, and the characters are expressive.
The combat on the other hand looks mind numbingly boring (as with 2018) and the close-up over the shoulder view just makes it worse.
Really wish they gave Kratos more weapons, pulled out the camera, gave you a jump button and aerial combos. You could have still done the up-close stuff during finishers or special move strings that zoomed the camera in, but alas.

At first you fight with shield and bare hands, using the same basic combo over and over, and the boss does the same telegraphed attacks. You'd think things will get more spicy when you get the axe and he gets the hammer, but no, a few extra moves that make the fight slightly more interesting because there is now a bit of range. Didn't seem like there was much of a strategy aside from repeating a basic combo string and the occasional dodge until boss went down.
I don't know, maybe I don't fit Sony's target audience which favors style over substance, or so it seems to me at least.
you should play DMC or BAYO
og GOW is kinda dead

Last edited:

Chukhopops

While I agree with you they are never going back to that type of gameplay since the last one was the most successful in the series.

Pray for a DMC VI if you ever want to jump again.

onesvenus

Sales do not make a game great can hohelstly say GTA v is better than red dead
If you look closely at my post you'll see I've never said it's not a great game

How many games do you think can even sell 20m on a single console. That's more than call of duty sells on playstation.
It's one of the most popular games on the PS, that's true. That doesn't mean it's one of the most popular overall, which was what the poster I answered to was claiming. That there are at least 50 games that sold more than it is proof of that

Hot5pur

While I agree with you they are never going back to that type of gameplay since the last one was the most successful in the series.

Pray for a DMC VI if you ever want to jump again.

Although I love DMC, 5 didn't grab me like the others. I think it was the terrible environments and world building.
I'd rather the guy focus on dragon's dogma instead and they do a full reboot on DMC. Believe it or not I'm a big fan on DmC and thought it did some things a lot better than 5.

Yeah I agree about them not going back. I think there is a large audience that like the more cinematic games and that's what Sony is famous for. Also very high production values and catering to more people.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Good news I didn't hear the part at the end. Must have been fate had me switch it off. I didn't need to see anymore lol.

Looks good. Interested to see what happens with the story.

Wasn't a fan of one cheesy slow motion bit with the vrooooeeeewwwwwww sound effect though haha.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Is it one of the most popular games? It sold something like 20 millions which, according to wikipedia, doesn't really put it on the top 50.
I would like to think this is a joke....but.

I have never seen so many ppl dismiss 10 million and 20 million selling games before.

When did a ending limit for popularity start? So....I guess you dont think Elden Ring is popular until it makes this list...

Cool.

Also TIL Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Fortnite aren't popular games.

Last edited:
Pretty hype but ... I didn't like how Thor was sliding quickly towards Kratos instead of running at him..it looks like a placeholder action. I think Too Human had alot of that.

SSfox

How the fuck is this allowed? Can't they delete this clown? i remember Rockstar was deleting RDR2 leaks despites being just 2 days before release.

Pelta88

It's too close to the release date for me to take a peek. But a grainy vid of Kratos VS Thor getting millions of views that fast is to be expected.

Can't wait for Day 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom