• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rain > Sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainy days, windy days, cloudy days, stormy days, snowy days, thunder-y days, hail-y days are all better than sunny days. And cold days are better than hot.

37381-well-done-sir-gif-Imgur-Wiserh-Tr7d.gif

snacknuts

we all knew her
Rainy days, windy days, cloudy days, stormy days, snowy days, thunder-y days, hail-y days are all better than sunny days. And cold days are better than hot.

+1

Fuck a bunch of sunshine. If I never saw the sun again, I would be happy.

Hazmat

I like rain, but it makes my commute go from 25 minutes to almost an hour. Pretty crappy way to start a day.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I love the smell when it's raining, but it's really annoying when you are already out and then it starts :/

Rain is much better than sunshine.

I love waking up to cloudy or dark skies, the smell of rain in the air the soft drips of water on the roof. Not to mention rainy weather is the best kind of weather to curl up and relax in or read a book.

Sunshine is just like...default. There is nothing all that interesting about it just be light outside.

In fact the only thing better than rainy days are stormy ones or snowy ones.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
I used to think this until I actually lived in a place where it rained like 60% of the time.
Rain sucks. That constant wetness becomes oppressive.

Sunlight exposure improves your mood. Sunny days are conducive to outdoor activities.

Sunny days are the best. The Sun is Life.

I love the sun for the 3-4 months we basically have the opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the warmth on my face. It is quite a social thing as well. Meeting up with friends/family on the beach is infinitely better than sitting at home in a confined space with your sweater on.

Unless I have my gaming period. Then I just want a perpetual rainstorm for days on end.

Collete

I also appreciate the rain, especially when it hits in a certain area of a house that makes the droplets give a low "thud" noise. I have one spot like that in my house and it's very inconveniently placed in my parent's bathroom, so I can't always listen to it =_=

But I'm always intrigued by people calling sun showers "fox's wedding"

S2E05b.jpg

So mysterious...

desu

The sound of the rain drops hitting the ground as you lie in bed that lures you to sleep.

Could lie for endless hours in bed and listen to the rain drops hitting the window/ground outside.

I absolutely love rain, it's my favourite weather. I enjoy running when it's raining, the feel of the water hitting your skin is so great.

Izayoi

Banned
Rain is fucking awesome. Best weather, full stop. The only thing sunshine is good for is bringing out the babes in skimpy outfits.

You can't do as much outside in the rain as you can when it's not raining.
Only if you're a pussy.

Moving to Washington State in ten years! Bring on the rain. Dress appropriately, always have a rain jacket in your car, and live your life.

While California is turning into a giant dustbowl, the Pacific Northwest will be lush and green.

Flunkie

Banned
I too love rain. Obviously in moderation since I work outside and it's annoying getting rained on at work. But it gives me a feeling of comfort any other time.

Turin

Banned
Rain is great for the mood but I don't like being rained on.

I like cloudy greyish sky's the best. As someone who works outside mostly I'm at my happiest when it's like that.

3bdelilah

Banned
Definitely agree with you, OP. People look at me like I'm a psycho when I say I don't like the summer. Though I'm not necessarily a big fan of rain, I'd much rather have that than 30+ degrees Celsius. As for my perfect weather that's 16 degrees, which as chance would have it, is today! :D

Despera

Banned
My bedroom walls are painted blue and the curtains are blue as well, albeit a different shade.

When light enters the room through the curtains it's almost like I'm sleeping deep in the ocean. Now when it starts to rain the sound makes it even more relaxing. Whenever I wake up with that combination in effect I just feel like going back to sleep lol.

In general though I prefer sunshine.

jyoung188

As a born and raised Californian I say clear sunny days > rainy days.

I work outside so I don't like the rain. Being wet all day fucking sucks.

I do like it, every once in a while, when it rains when I'm not working.

Fuck snow though, I could never live in a place where it snowed regularly.

Izayoi

Banned
My bedroom walls are painted blue and the curtains are blue as well, albeit a different shade.

When light enters the room through the curtains it's almost like I'm sleeping deep in the ocean. Now when it starts to rain the sound makes it even more relaxing. Whenever I wake up with that combination in effect I just feel like going back to sleep lol.
I'm fucking jealous.

KingJolly

Banned
You can't do as much outside in the rain as you can when it's not raining.

Rain loses.

Most of what you described has to do with being inside and experiencing the rain. That's irrelevant. You're inside.

Afraid of getting wet?

You guys need to go to the beach more. That shit is tight.

Dude I live on a tropical island. I just have to walk around a block and I'm at a beach :p

I don't mind it during summer when despite rain it's still warm. When it's something like November and temperature is barely above freezing.... It fucking sucks.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I'll get flamed for this, but I don't like Rain for the simple fact that I don't find it exciting and I hate to get wet by heavy rain.

Just few days ago during my family vacation in Belgium, there was a heavy rain during our little trip in Knokke. My clothes got wet. Hell, my fucking socks got wet.

So yeah, I hate rains. They're annoying as far as I'm concerned.

Ape

Banned
hFpEA6Q.jpg

Get in the water GAF

Dude I live on a tropical island. I just have to walk around a block and I'm at a beach :p

Rain ruins the beach. Rain is for depressed people that like to mope around alone. That's just what I associate it with.

zsswimmer

Rain and some moderate thunder is soooo relaxing. Dont get me wrong because I wouldn't want it to be raining all the time, but every time it does it feels like my stress just melts away.

KingJolly

Banned
Rain ruins the beach. Rain is for depressed people that like to mope around alone. That's just what I associate it with.

That is so very close minded. Of coure don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want rain everyday, but at least 2-3 out of 7 days of the week :)

Tarsul

i love rain. Today it's often raining (right now as well) and I also saw a double rainbow. Can't remember if I've seen that before. 2 rainbows next to each other (although the outer one was very shallow). Great.

Love the sound, love the feeling of rain. But don't love wet clothes :)

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I am excited for Fall (my favorite time of year) but not ready to give up this beautiful weather just yet. End of September is the perfect time for crisp weather and some sprinkles though.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I'm sitting here in 94 F heat waiting for my gf to get out of class. Wishing for some rain right now.

Yes, and not the sunshower kind, which only serves to make everything more humid, and then it feels like 110F heat. Tropical weather is annoying sometimes.

And maybe I've just been in Seattle in off periods, but it really doesn't rain that much there. Or at the very least, it's often not what I would consider rain at all, coming from South Florida. Cold misty showers are not the same as the skies opening up and dumping a waterfall everywhere within a 50 mile radius.

This was only cemented when a group of Seattle coworkers came down for once, and we had one of those. They were like "I FELT LIKE NOAH OUT THERE WTF".

OT: I love the rain. I'll miss it if I move.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I am excited for Fall (my favorite time of year) but not ready to give up this beautiful weather just yet. End of September is the perfect time for crisp weather and some sprinkles though.

Which would be time for sweaters and jeans/long pants. Oh, how much I love wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom