• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Patriots Canceled

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/9/5792660/rainbow-six-patriots-canceled-replaced-by-rainbow-six-siege

Rainbow Six: Patriots, the controversial, long-delayed anti-terrorism shooter, is officially, and permanently dead, Ubisoft confirmed this week.

"It's not in development anymore," said Alexandre Remy, Rainbow Six brand director. "The main decision was some months after Patriots was announced in 2011 that was the first moment we knew the first generation of new consoles were coming. So obviously at that moment and for a franchise such as Rainbow we needed to decide if we could make something for next-gen and we were already pretty advanced in the development of Patriots.

PABglfp.gif

BHK3

Banned
some months after it was announced? IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS UBI

Fuck this company, instead they fucking give me R6: home invasion!?

18-Volt

I was waiting for this one, concept was very interesting. I don't think I'll try Siege, though I'd like to have a confirmation if there is a single player mode.

_woLf

I always assumed Patriots was turned into The Division, so I'm not really that surprised..

Siege looks great, though. So I'm okay with it.

Gaz_RB

I didn't realize people actually liked how Patriots looked. I always thought it looked horrible. I'm not usually one to yell "they are straying from their roots too much!!!1111!!", but what we saw of Patriots seemed too COD for me.

Siege looks really nice though. Hopefully they could bring a lot of what they worked on over to the new RS. Just glad it isn't cross gen.

Why the hell did it take them so long to say?

Considering how long many of their games are in development hell/reworked (look at Splinter Cell Conviction - goes from being a story about a homeless drifter searching for answers with partly destructible environments, to the same stealth shoot-em-up with less gadgets), Patriots must have been pretty fucking dire to warrant being scrapped entirely.

That, or they just harvested what they could, renamed it Siege and called it a day.

MechDX

Probably had nothing to do with the first E3 showing of a player throwing a hostage strapped with a bomb over a bridge.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Were you and others REALLY expecting it after four years? As it is, Siege is taking the concepts of in-nation terrorism in America and making that the multiplayer from the gameplay they showed off.

Revven

Expected, once I saw Siege I was like, "yeah they canceled Patriots." They gave up and decided to just do a multiplayer game. Makes sense to me.

Ambient80

Expected, once I saw Siege I was like, "yeah they canceled Patriots." They gave up and decided to just do a multiplayer game. Makes sense to me.

Yep same. I even messaged my friends who were looking forward to Patriots telling them it was highly unlikely we would see it now that Siege had been announced.

Top Bottom