• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege DLC #2 (Dust Line) patch notes: rebalance, new operators, skins

I'm sure people will roast to me to hell and back for saying this but I'm not a fan of the goofy looking equipment. Weapon skins is one thing but having every character dress up as a clown just destroys the serious tone of Rainbow Six that I like. That slow micro-transaction creep is already beginning.

:\

I'm sure people will roast to me to hell and back for saying this but I'm not a fan of the goofy looking equipment. Weapon skins is one thing but having every character dress up as a clown just destroys the tone of Rainbow Six. That slow micro-transaction creep is already beginning.

:
Rainbow Six Vegas says hi.

God dammit the navy seals theme is making me miss Socom even more.

Look forward to getting back on Siege now that the overwatch beta is winding down.

I'm sure people will roast to me to hell and back for saying this but I'm not a fan of the goofy looking equipment. Weapon skins is one thing but having every character dress up as a clown just destroys the serious tone of Rainbow Six that I like. That slow micro-transaction creep is already beginning.

Agreed.

:
I agree with you.

:

Disagree,
I thought the game had MT since day1?

Agreed. It's a shame since they were initially trying to push this as a return to form for the Rainbow Six series with the initial reveal and the team names being Raven Shield and Rogue Spear. I thought the Pre-Alpha player models looked better than the operators in the final game and they actually actually had different colored uniforms for each team.

I still find the game fun, but there are a lot of small things that bug me like the fact that the SMG-11 is still a pocket sniper. All they had to do was remove its ability to equip an ACOG but instead they just increased the recoil a bit which doesn't stop the first 3 rounds or so from being laser accurate and actually makes it even worse as a close range secondary weapon

moai

I read that all this can be bought with renown so i dont agree with the microtransaction comment.

E-flux

I read that all this can be bought with renown so i dont agree with the microtransaction comment.

where did you read that? It would be weird if those new headgear items could be bought with renown since there are so many ugly skins that can only be bought with rainbow bucks.

I'm really excited for this update, a lot of these changes seem really good.

13randO

I crtl+F'd and couldn't find it, but did they fix Frost's VO when she lays down traps so she doesn't sound like Kapkan?

I can see what you're trying to say, but my enjoyment of Siege doesn't hinge on its basis in reality--not when it already has far-fetched gadgets and CTU vs CTU design.

Gameplay, not setting, is what makes Siege special. My palms don't get sweaty because a team of FBI, GIGN, and SAS are coming after me with realistic weapons--it's because the game is terrifying and intense to play. Skins and other visual mods don't change that. Siege feels more like Assault on Precinct 13 than it does a SWAT or CTU training video.

Now, if there was an SP and this stuff leaked into that, I would agree. That's where atmosphere is paramount.

Amazing update, but sorely needed. The game is in poor shape on PS4.

I do worry about the shotgun range buff; it's very powerful already.

Frost will be fine. Her traps are still great and her shotgun is still super potent.

However, with Valkyrie's nitro, amazing SPAS-12 and SMG, and cameras, she'll probably be a go-to for a while.

If Frost loses her C4, so should Valkyrie.

They both have incredible shotguns, which is why they are played so much. The addition of C4 makes them some of the most lethal defenders. The traps/cameras are also going to be major advantages.

I'd rather they both lose C4, as they already have a lot going for them.

Maybe give C4 to Castle to compensate for the team.

The game has map DLC for free. In any other game, that's the big money maker. I dont mind seeing a bunch of headgear.

It would be nice to have an option to turn it off, however.

Release is 5/11...that include the new operators or season pass owners only?

EDIT: Ok so 5/11 for season pass owners and then next Wednesday available for renown for everyone else.

boo. wanted to hop in today. busy the rest of the week :(

moai

where did you read that? It would be weird if those new headgear items could be bought with renown since there are so many ugly skins that can only be bought with rainbow bucks.

It says it right there on the op.

Edit: Swap out your operator’s headgear from basic camo upgrades to high quality traditional military and fantasy gear. Unlock new gear using Renown, R6 Credits, or a combination of the two.

Varth

They seem to be lowering ubibucks importante as well as prices.

I don't get it either. The game has handled all the additional content pretty well.

Every discussion on the game ends up like this as far as I can remember.

joecanada

I read through the whole thing but I don't see any fix noting the disconnection after every single game, freezing, error codes, etc.... on ps4 right now you can't physically play with the same team more than one round as it error codes out of every single match.

did I miss this patch note or did they just not put it in there? as others have said the downtime is ridiculous.

edit - although I don't support their renown earning levels I do have to admit I am sitting on 38k renown right now.

Amazing update, but sorely needed. The game is in poor shape on PS4.

I do worry about the shotgun range buff; it's very powerful already.

I play it regular and aside from the 312 error code which is down to my internet I presume I have no problems finding games.

What bad shape you on about (I'm on ps4 too, Norway)

patchday

Guess I have low standards or something. I love this game on PS4. The Community is awesome and I've made a lot of good friends.

No problems with matchmaking. But I try to just find a good group of guys that talk a little on the mic and I stick with'em all night long yo'

I strictly do Casual though. I got Family and a job. No time for Ranked

joecanada

Guess I have low standards or something. I love this game on PS4. The Community is awesome and I've made a lot of good friends.

No problems with matchmaking. But I try to just find a good group of guys that talk a little on the mic and I stick with'em all night long yo'

I strictly do Casual though. I got Family and a job. No time for Ranked

wait what? other people are able to play with a group? the game drops error codes after every single match for me... I'm not being dramatic, I mean 100% of the time. it says game not found every single match. and I have to quit and go back in.

on ps4.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Buffing Montagne's shield... pls no. I already hate dealing with shields enough as it is. RIP Frost's C4 also :( Buck's looking better on paper though, I might even actually use him on some maps. Tachanka also really needed QoL improvements to that fucking gun so good on that.

Glad they're adding penalties for toxic players because there are a LOT of them. The ranked penalty seems completely toothless though, nobody gives a shit about 50% renown penalty. Quit ranked match, get banned from ranked matchmaking for an hour, escalating as you abandon more matches. This shit has been figured out by other games, I don't know why this is hard for devs.

I'm hoping there's a toggle so I don't have to look at that shit.

Glad they're adding penalties for toxic players because there are a LOT of them. The ranked penalty seems completely toothless though, nobody gives a shit about 50% renown penalty. Quit ranked match, get banned from ranked matchmaking for an hour, escalating as you abandon more matches. This shit has been figured out by other games, I don't know why this is hard for devs.

I'd be down for this in theory, but folks who get dumped from Ubi's stellar servers would stop playing and the player pool would die.

Regardless of what you think about the skins, it will undoubtedly be a source of revenue which would theoretically lead to faster development turn around, additional content, etc.

And if people choose zany colorful options... easy targets.

wipeout364

Very sad to lose thermite's frag grenades. I feel that may nerf him too much given his gun isn't that great. Not sure about losing breach charges with buck but frag grenades are reasonable trade off. I mean the skeleton key is cool but it takes forever to breach with it and if anybody is in cover behind where you are trying to go through its not great. Tachanka changes are great it is so frustrating trying to place that stupid gun it's so finicky where it will allow placement also faster entry and exit are great as well.

I had a wonderful first week with the game after I bought it on the cheap a few weeks ago. It was an absolute blast to play with a solid crew of GAFers every night. Unfortunately I got caught up with other things and haven't had the same time slot open to play consistently. I really should jump back in. Massive changes. If anyone continues to be on the fence about this game, it's pretty damn incredible. Most satisfying gunplay I've ever experienced in an FPS and very intense moment-to-moment tension that I'd be surprised to find bested elsewhere.

I don't see anything in the new Code of Conduct regarding team-killing :-| I was hoping there would be a way to record/report players.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Frost will be fine. Her traps are still great and her shotgun is still super potent.

However, with Valkyrie's nitro, amazing SPAS-12 and SMG, and cameras, she'll probably be a go-to for a while.

That's what's going to happen to me.I'm going to change frost to valkyrie for my number one defender.

Regardless of what you think about the skins, it will undoubtedly be a source of revenue which would theoretically lead to faster development turn around, additional content, etc.

And if people choose zany colorful options... easy targets.
Agreed. If any of my opponents feel like dressing in brightly coloured masks and combats, they have my unequivocal blessing.

I play it regular and aside from the 312 error code which is down to my internet I presume I have no problems finding games.

What bad shape you on about (I'm on ps4 too, Norway)

Gamebreaking bugs (eg. dudes shooting me from underneath the map), long load times, awful squad system for MP with friends, matchmaking breaking down, laggy menu's, teamkilling galore on Casual.....

Like I said, the game is in poor shape on PS4.

Smoke's shotgun has absolutely awful range.

Shotguns in general are pretty damn powerful though, with (for a game) long range on them.

I agree for MP. For T-hunt however, there should be WAAAAAAAAAY more of this shit.
There should be far more customization in T-Hunt.

In fact, T-hunt should be treated as a proper serious part of this game, attention wise.

Gamebreaking bugs (eg. dudes shooting me from underneath the map), long load times, awful squad system for MP with friends, matchmaking breaking down, laggy menu's, teamkilling galore on Casual.....

Like I said, the game is in poor shape on PS4.

Shotguns in general are pretty damn powerful though, with (for a game) long range on them.

Ive seriously not had that aside from the 312 error and yeah the time it takes to boot up was a piss take but it does seem like you can skip that now according the patch notes.

I am not saying its in perfect shape but your experience with the game isn't the majority on ps4 and I am in a country of 5 million so my latency always suffers as it pairs me up all over europe...

Fury451

Banned

:

I agree. I don't mind stuff like the charms, but headgear now changes the look entirely. Kind of upsetting, but hey, everyone else does it so why not. And by everyone else I of course mean CoD.

Varth

I agree. I don't mind stuff like the charms, but headgear now changes the look entirely. Kind of upsetting, but hey, everyone else does it so why not. And by everyone else I of course mean CoD.

Meh, just give us a switch and go wild with the dumb shit. No reason to have half assed stuff like the Pulse ones shown. If you have to sell a blindfold, might as well give me Groucho glasses. If you have to keep it serious, stop at caps, casual wear and military rags for all, different shapes sunglasses and such. I'm fine with either as long as they don't fuck up or create confusing hitboxes.

Ive seriously not had that aside from the 312 error and yeah the time it takes to boot up was a piss take but it does seem like you can skip that now according the patch notes.

I am not saying its in perfect shape but your experience with the game isn't the majority on ps4 and I am in a country of 5 million so my latency always suffers as it pairs me up all over europe...

All problems I listed are either general exploits/problems or issues that both myself and my group of friends that own the game are having trouble with. So I'm gonna guess most of these are fairly common for PS4 owners :)

Top Bottom