• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege DLC #3 (Skull Rain) patch notes: game health, new operators, QoL

Sounds like they are just going to continue on with this version of the game for a while. I would love a full campaign as they did a badass job with Article 5. Whatever they want to do as long as Siege continues I am in.

Alright top of the page Edit: Here is me blacking out and somehow clutching a 4v1 in incredible circumstances.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MQwN-6mj0Rs

I don't think they have the budget to create enough of those incredibly cool cutscenes though haha. That said I'd love a proper Rainbow Six with these characters and a story mode Ubi!

NoPiece

Not sure what you mean. Despite my complaints, the game is fantastic. The win ratio for attackers and defenders in this game are universally near equal (like 49-51)

I just meant that as an outsider, reading all that lingo was completely indecipherable, like listening to friends talk about DOTA. It makes it sound more gamey (gotta grind for the buff), and less like a tactical shooter.

KodaRuss

I don't think they have the budget to create enough of those incredibly cool cutscenes though haha. That said I'd love a proper Rainbow Six with these characters and a story mode Ubi!

Maybe somehow you play a campaign where each country is dealing with the same terrorist organization. As you move through the game they eventually have to come together to take them down together.

Tachanka just needs to be a good room defender.

There way too many roamers in the game that make attacking slow. Room defenders were beefier. Guys like Doc and Smoke, who hide in the room or adjacent to it, instead of trying to rush outside or run around the entire building.

If Tachanka could get a shield on the sides of his head to cover his flank, it'd probably be good. Like an inverse Blackbeard shield, but weaker.

I still want Doc to get a buff like the ability to heal teammates a certain amount over time. I think he was able to heal in beta/alpha.

Smoke is great at room defending. I wish his smokes could blind enemies a bit though, just because players like Ash can run straight through.

Castle is such garbage because of how easily countered he is.

Right now, Pulse, Caveira, Valkyrie, and sometimes Frost are so incredibly popular at running around the map and blasting you with shotgun and intel. Not to mention 3 of them have C4 to chuck at you. I feel angled grip will make shotguns even more deadlier.

A shield would really useful for Tachanka because right now he's very easy to headshot.

I'd quite like Smoke's gas grenades to create a larger cloud with lingering effects, so your vision is blurred for 2-3 seconds after exiting the gas cloud so it presents a more effective obstacle.

nOoblet16

I don't understand the demand for a sequel from people who have barely played Siege. You haven't exhausted any of the content from the current game and you want a sequel ? Unless there is something significant like an entirely new campaign mode or core changes to the game design, there is no point to it since most of the changes can already be made via updating the current game.

The only thing I need is siege 2,

Campaign and heavily increased budget to make the destruction even better. Wouldn't worry about the actual graphics too much. Make the lighting, shadows insane. Smoke, dust effects top notch and it would be king
All those would be terrible for playability.
The entire reason the game's destruction is the way it is rather than allowing you to blow up any surface (which is what they wanted originally) is because it will break the game. Same for the game being brightly lit rather than have fancy lighting and smoke that only results from player action. If it didn't harm the playability then you'd have had all of it in Siege itself.

I gotta say, I tried out the game on the free weekend, and had a horrible experience with the players I got matched up with. Everyone was fucking hostile and condescending pricks.

I might just have gotten unlucky, but man that soured me completely on the game itself, which was at least somewhat fun from the few hours I played.

Truth.
Come play on PS4 with us amigo.

I really regret selling my PS4, after this years E3, actually we all do (the ones that left with me).

But I will one day, when one particular game gets announced.

I gotta say, I tried out the game on the free weekend, and had a horrible experience with the players I got matched up with. Everyone was fucking hostile and condescending pricks.

I might just have gotten unlucky, but man that soured me completely on the game itself, which was at least somewhat fun from the few hours I played.

Awww man.

This game really has a shitty pub scene.

I do feel sorry for those getting matched up with team killers who kill for a variety of stupid reason.

Your best bet is playing with someone from here, or asking in R6 reddit. They tend to be nice too.

KingV

How is the community on PC? I played the Xbox one free weekend and liked the game, but the community was shit terrible. I was team killed multiple times before the match started and then in terrorist hunt, people kept killing the hostage on purpose.

Oh, no host migration blows too.

manhack

How is the community on PC? I played the Xbox one free weekend and liked the game, but the community was shit terrible. I was team killed multiple times before the match started and then in terrorist hunt, people kept killing the hostage on purpose.

Oh, no host migration blows too.

PC is typically very good. I play with a group most of the time, but we have almost never seen the other team teamkill. It is pretty competitive at our rank though, so most of the time we are just trying our best to win. Interesting enought I have never been teamkilled on the PS4 version of the game, but that is just being lucky. I think PC is certainly the best version of the game (I have PC and PS4).

Javier23

Banned

You definitely had a very representative experience. Fifty hours in, I love the game, hate the community. I try to be nice to everyone and I still sometimes wonder why I even bother. Very, very rarely you end up with a nice group of people. It's so much more enjoyable then.

I really regret selling my PS4, after this years E3, actually we all do (the ones that left with me).

RFiJNyN.gif

You definitely had a very representative experience. Fifty hours in, I love the game, hate the community. I try to be nice to everyone and I still sometimes wonder why I even bother. Very, very rarely you end up with a nice group of people. It's so much more enjoyable then.

Eeeeh, I gotta disagree with this. 111 hours in and I honestly think the community is fine. You will occasionally run into a shitty team but my experience, even in casual, has been positive overall. I've added a lot of randoms to my friends list through good teamplay.

Miker

Anybody else on PC finding the new map to be more performance-intensive than the other maps? I'm running a 1070 and I can play maxed out 1080p w/ 4xMSAA at a steady 60, but Favela (at least at night, haven't tested it at day) brings it down to 45 fps in some areas.

KodaRuss

Are there idiots in the community? Sure but I have found tons of really good people to play with.

Always use a headset/mic in this game and you will find people all the time.

I've been so tempted to jump into this game.

Reading these extensive patch notes is making it more tempting.

I feel like buying just to support devs who put this much effort into post launch support

LAM09

Are there idiots in the community? Sure but I have found tons of really good people to play with.

Always use a headset/mic in this game and you will find people all the time.

The amount of people that use a mic on PS4 in EU can be counted on your hands.

Dabanton

Tactical mode sounds like what I've been looking for. The game is tense enough already.

Having to actually rely on your team 100% while you defend or clear a level will be aces.

Anyone on PS4 got any recommendations for sensitivity settings etc? I have a kontrolfreek on. I've always felt like the aiming was "off" in this game. I'm not horrible by any means I just wonder if there's a sweet spot I'm missing?

Top Bottom