• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege DLC #3 (Skull Rain) patch notes: game health, new operators, QoL

TheRed

Best multi-player game I've played in a long time. This update sounds amazing and I hope they keep it up. Love this game.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Just recently got back into R6 after moving cross country and not playing for 3 months or so. I still think this is the best MP shooter on the market right now. Matches can be sooooooooo tense. The clipping issue was a big annoyance for me so I'm glad to see that addressed. Also happy to see the QOL changes in regards to waiting menu loadouts.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Finally getting my ps4 back up and running, hows the community? It's been a while....

I can't speak for PS4, but PC has been surprisingly good for me. I've managed to play with the same group of people I met in the game the first week or so and even when I've played with randoms most have been decent people. The occasional asshole at times, but overall pretty great.

Finally getting my ps4 back up and running, hows the community? It's been a while....

Still super active, get matches easily in Casual, Ranked, or Terrorist Hunt. Only issue is team killing is far far too common in Casual. Besides that the player retention rate must be insane

The Chef

Still super active, get matches easily in Casual, Ranked, or Terrorist Hunt. Only issue is team killing is far far too common in Casual. Besides that the player retention rate must be insane

Yup, PS4 is thriving.
Avoid Casual and stick exclusively with ranked. You will get so much more enjoyment from playing with serious players vs the casual team killers.

HiiiLife

Still the best multiplayer this gen along with Overwatch, for me. Can't wait to dive in.

I just wish the season pass was on sale because 25k is a hassle, especially after switching consoles and starting over.

The Chef

Still the best multiplayer this gen along with Overwatch, for me. Can't wait to dive in.

I just wish the season pass was on sale because 25k is a hassle, especially after switching consoles and starting over.

25k takes an eternity to save up. I might actually just spend the $5 on one of the new operators.

HiiiLife

25k takes an eternity to save up. I might actually just spend the $5 on one of the new operators.

I still haven't even tried Blackbeard/Valkyrie yet. Might just buy the pass and bask in the 4 new operators, and then wait for the Japanese ones to come out.

25k is a hassle if you're late to the game (or switch platforms--same thing). I've had renown in the tens of thousands a few times, the first being right after the Black Ice DLC was released. I'm sitting on 36k right now.

Regardless, I recommend the Season Pass now if you're just getting into the game. Otherwise, yeah, it'll be a while before you earn enough to play a lot of the DLC operators.

Kaji AF16

Unexpectedly fun game. I seldom played any previous Rainbow Six, but Siege has been one of the best purchases I made during this generation (some 300 argentinean pesos, roughly $20).
Playing with a team composed of RL friends has given me some of the best gaming moments of the last years. Glad to see it updated in depth.

KodaRuss

I watched some of the highlights of the reveal from Saturday and the crossbow dart looks pretty dangerous. Might be a really good attacker to flush defenders out of a well fortified room. Cant wait to get started.

I hope the next patch doesnt take too long because there are definitely a few operators that needs some tweaks/buffs I think.

madmook

Would love it if they added more options to t.hunt. Like offline/scoreless mode where I can pick map/mode/lives. I'm guessing adding in AI teammates like the old games in the series would be a bridge too far, so having customizable lives would be good enough.

I watched some of the highlights of the reveal from Saturday and the crossbow dart looks pretty dangerous. Might be a really good attacker to flush defenders out of a well fortified room. Cant wait to get started.

I hope the next patch doesnt take too long because there are definitely a few operators that needs some tweaks/buffs I think.

I admit, I was a little lukewarm on the new Ops, and still don't know QUITE what to think of them. However, hearing higher level players discuss possible strategies got me a bit more hyped.

Like, if you know a map well enough, you could shoot a series of small murder/kill holes through some walls, then fire a bolt through to try and flush out enemies.

"Flushing"/harassing Operators are something Attackers need more of. All we really have is Twitch's drone and grenades right now, right?

Great game, great example of how to support a game post launch and a great DLC model.

But...

Was hoping for some further balancing.

The changes made to Pulse made him too easy to use, they actually made the device more powerful than it was at launch AND he has a nitro cell. They took the Nitro from Frost, they can do it to Pulse. You can just count on him being on the defending team 90% of the time.

Tachanka, as other have said, could use a buff. Recoil on the weapon should get reduced considering the bipod. Ideally, the ability to duck down with the machinegun equipped would make you less of an easy target.

Good changes.

Operator balance is coming soon too... It's the one thing I really wanted for tomorrow.

Nerfing shotgun range, rebalancing C4 (shouldn't kill extended Montagne shield, Caveira/Pulse shouldn't have it), buffing underpowered and underused operators to make everyone more viable...

KodaRuss

I admit, I was a little lukewarm on the new Ops, and still don't know QUITE what to think of them. However, hearing higher level players discuss possible strategies got me a bit more hyped.

Like, if you know a map well enough, you could shoot a series of small murder/kill holes through some walls, then fire a bolt through to try and flush out enemies.

"Flushing"/harassing Operators are something Attackers need more of. All we really have is Twitch's drone and grenades right now, right?

Whenever I am Ash, which isn't often (Thermite or Thatcher all day it seems) I always save one of her shots for inside the objective room. But that is about it for disruption on the attackers part.

EDIT: Looking forward to seeing the helmets for the new operators as well (If they have them). I have about 30k renown saved up to spend it on something. Was waiting for the DLC to drop before spending any of it which makes me really glad I did since you get a 10% discount with the Season Pass

Just started playing on Friday thanks to the free weekend. Loving it so far.

Though, I'd say the thing I'm most looking forward to are the clipping improvements. I've been both killed and was the killer in some pretty stupid clipping incidents.

Managed to get all of the operators in one weekend thanks to the Renown Booster you get when you get the season pass. Looking forward to playing a lot more though!

Akoi

So glad I picked this title up for PS4, this is the proper way to handle post release content... Sorta shocked this is an ubisoft game..

Ivan 3414

Tachanka, as other have said, could use a buff. Recoil on the weapon should get reduced considering the bipod. Ideally, the ability to duck down with the machinegun equipped would make you less of an easy target.

You should also be able to pick the machine gun up while stationed on it. As of now, if you're stationed you have to press a button to exit the gun, then hold another button to break the machine gun down and put it away. It's a clunky and unnecessary step, especially since when you leave the gun, your sight isn't always lined up so the button prompt can appear. That leads to sometimes awkward fumbling around trying to find the sweet spot so the prompt shows up.

I can't wait for the angled grip attachment. I can deal with recoil alright so bringing up sights faster will be a huge improvement for me.

It's been said a lot in this thread but it is still true: Siege is a great game and easily the best multi player experience of this generation. It's got a healthy player base that's actually growing and significant updates from Ubisoft. If you didn't check it out before or the misleading press around the game turned you off, get in now!

You should also be able to pick the machine gun up while stationed on it. As of now, if you're stationed you have to press a button to exit the gun, then hold another button to break the machine gun down and put it away. It's a clunky and unnecessary step, especially since when you leave the gun, your sight isn't always lined up so the button prompt can appear. That leads to sometimes awkward fumbling around trying to find the sweet spot so the prompt shows up.

Tachanka just needs to be a good room defender.

There way too many roamers in the game that make attacking slow. Room defenders were beefier. Guys like Doc and Smoke, who hide in the room or adjacent to it, instead of trying to rush outside or run around the entire building.

If Tachanka could get a shield on the sides of his head to cover his flank, it'd probably be good. Like an inverse Blackbeard shield, but weaker.

I still want Doc to get a buff like the ability to heal teammates a certain amount over time. I think he was able to heal in beta/alpha.

Smoke is great at room defending. I wish his smokes could blind enemies a bit though, just because players like Ash can run straight through.

Castle is such garbage because of how easily countered he is.

Right now, Pulse, Caveira, Valkyrie, and sometimes Frost are so incredibly popular at running around the map and blasting you with shotgun and intel. Not to mention 3 of them have C4 to chuck at you. I feel angled grip will make shotguns even more deadlier.

NoPiece

Tachanka just needs to be a good room defender.

There way too many roamers in the game that make attacking slow. Room defenders were beefier. Guys like Doc and Smoke, who hide in the room or adjacent to it, instead of trying to rush outside or run around the entire building.

If Tachanka could get a shield on the sides of his head to cover his flank, it'd probably be good. Like an inverse Blackbeard shield, but weaker.

I still want Doc to get a buff like the ability to heal teammates a certain amount over time. I think he was able to heal in beta/alpha.

Smoke is great at room defending. I wish his smokes could blind enemies a bit though, just because players like Ash can run straight through.

Castle is such garbage because of how easily countered he is.

Right now, Pulse, Caveira, Valkyrie, and sometimes Frost are so incredibly popular at running around the map and blasting you with shotgun and intel. Not to mention 3 of them have C4 to chuck at you. I feel angled grip will make shotguns even more deadlier.

After reading the OP, especially about tactical mode, I thought I might pull the trigger, but this sounds more like some MOBA gobbledygook.

They've already said Tachanka is getting a buff. Given what they did with Mountain, wouldn't surprise me if they gave him more protection. I think they said Castle is getting buffed too.

I can't wait for the angled grip attachment. I can deal with recoil alright so bringing up sights faster will be a huge improvement for me.

It's been said a lot in this thread but it is still true: Siege is a great game and easily the best multi player experience of this generation. It's got a healthy player base that's actually growing and significant updates from Ubisoft. If you didn't check it out before or the misleading press around the game turned you off, get in now!

A closed alpha or some kind of leak showed a Heavy Barrel coming, too. Not in this patch but soon.

really quite fond of the timing of Batalhao de Operacoes Policiais Especiais units and a favelas map considering what begins this week lol

manhack

I can't speak for PS4, but PC has been surprisingly good for me. I've managed to play with the same group of people I met in the game the first week or so and even when I've played with randoms most have been decent people. The occasional asshole at times, but overall pretty great.

You back on Discord?

Hip Hop

Got lucky when somebody on the buy/sell thread sold me a season pass for $10 a while back. It's a must for sure.

I've been playing here and there, and no way am I getting to 25k anytime soon. It takes way too long.

manhack

I get the praise for this game but it has a lot of problems that ruin the fun eventually.

Care to elaborate? I agree it isn't perfect, but there have been so many improvements I would be interested to hear what has been causing you problems.

pislit

Bought this game on PC day 1 on a hail mary, praying that this game would be good and boy what an amazing game.

After reading the OP, especially about tactical mode, I thought I might pull the trigger, but this sounds more like some MOBA gobbledygook.

Not sure what you mean. Despite my complaints, the game is fantastic. The win ratio for attackers and defenders in this game are universally near equal (like 49-51)

manhack

It is closer to being Counterstrike with gadgets, destructible environments and specific operators and even that isn't a totally fair comparison.

I bought the season pass. GAF better salesman than Ubisoft confirmed.

Was surprised the matchmaking time was pretty similar to the free weekend in casual on PC today (I suck and am only ~30 with less than a 1k/d). Hope the siege continues spreading.

The only thing I need is siege 2,

Campaign and heavily increased budget to make the destruction even better. Wouldn't worry about the actual graphics too much. Make the lighting, shadows insane. Smoke, dust effects top notch and it would be king

KodaRuss

The only thing I need is siege 2,

Campaign and heavily increased budget to make the destruction even better. Wouldn't worry about the actual graphics too much. Make the lighting, shadows insane. Smoke, dust effects top notch and it would be king

Sounds like they are just going to continue on with this version of the game for a while. I would love a full campaign as they did a badass job with Article 5. Whatever they want to do as long as Siege continues I am in.

Alright top of the page Edit: Here is me blacking out and somehow clutching a 4v1 in incredible circumstances.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MQwN-6mj0Rs

Top Bottom