• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege getting Xbox One X/PS4 Pro patch with 'Operation Para Bellum' update

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
XBOX ONE X AND PLAYSTATION 4 PRO SUPPORT
We have increased the resolution to 1728p on the Xbox One X, and 1440p on the PlayStation 4 Pro, while maintaining 50% render scaling (same as before). We are currently working on dynamically increasing the render scaling when performance allows it. This will allow for better render quality in low-complexity scenes, while maintaining 60 fps at all times by adjusting the render scaling dynamically. We do not have an ETA for when this additional dynamic render scaling will be implemented.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-ca/game-info/seasons/parabellum/index.aspx (under "Improvements" section)

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I am curious, are the PS4/Xbox One versions worth playing? I have the game on PC, but I rarely play on my PC these days. Was looking to get into the series again with a console version.

Assuming that it IS worth playing on console, which version should I get? I have both the Pro and One X, so which console has the larger community?

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I am curious, are the PS4/Xbox One versions worth playing? I have the game on PC, but I rarely play on my PC these days. Was looking to get into the series again with a console version.

Assuming that it IS worth playing on console, which version should I get? I have both the Pro and One X, so which console has the larger community?

I have it on PS4. Community is large, and the game runs/plays very well.

People were being dicks unfortunately with regards to team kills. Don't know if this has been addressed however.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

People were being dicks unfortunately with regards to team kills. Don't know if this has been addressed however.

I have replayed it a bit on PC and it still happens there. I think it is just an aspect of the game at this point. But thanks for the heads up. As soon as the game goes on sale (for the physical version), I will pick it up.

in casual it still happens, in ranked not really

you still get the odd person who does it to troll, but ubi has gotten better at detecting and banning those players. and you need to be a minimum level to play ranked, so they cant just auto create a new account and hop right into trolling on a new name

I think this is my most played game of all time, i'm at like 600 hours

I don’t know which is larger.
I am playing on PS4 PSN ID is the same Arthursw1
I'll shot you an FR when I get on tonight

Come on Gaf, we need 3 more.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I don’t know which is larger.

I'll shot you an FR when I get on tonight

Come on Gaf, we need 3 more.

I would love to! Sadly I don't have the money for it. Which version is the one I should buy? A quick google search shows 3 different versions of the console game.

mcz117chief

Maybe I am wrong but isn't that, technically, a pay-to-win? You buy the better console to get better performance in a ranked environment. Reminds me of F1 racing when Ferrari almost always won because they had the best formulas (until they changed the rules).

JangoRain

Maybe I am wrong but isn't that, technically, a pay-to-win? You buy the better console to get better performance in a ranked environment. Reminds me of F1 racing when Ferrari almost always won because they had the best formulas (until they changed the rules).

A few more pixels will not make you better at the game. It will just be a little prettier to look at, iirc it’s already 60fps in the base game

mcz117chief

A few more pixels will not make you better at the game. It will just be a little prettier to look at, iirc it’s already 60fps in the base game

Any small difference can make a difference. With the most important factor being input lag with resolution and FPS being close seconds.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Seems to run a bit worse on pro for me. Get frame drops in places I never did before

Well ok but I am talking about this as a principal. A person with a better hardware (more res and fps) HAS an advantage obviously. In a ranked environment every little thing makes a difference. When we are talking top 1% those people practically play all the same, you really can't distinguish between them (unless you are part of that 1% as well) but the tiniest differences between them is what makes someone number 1 or number 100. Obviously players with the better console will, on average, have better ranks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom