• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Where can I send in gameclips that prove someone is using a glitch and killing players through walls?

Just clip it and PM it to Epi on Reddit.

Kix is super cocky. The problem is that he knows what he's talking about, it's just the way he goes about it is very immature. He's not wrong, but it's not something he should say in public.

http://en.pro.eslgaming.com/r6/proleague/pc/news/r6pl-casting-crew-extends-prior-to-week-2/

Either way, looks like ESL have taken on Interro Bang. Just last week i was watching him cast some Go4's on his own and he was doing a great job of it.

Disgraced

While I feel Kix has generally better grasp of the game, I don't think Bloodbath is as wrong as often as Kix implies he is. Besides, a little debate is good for the commentary. Beyond that, Bloodbath's misplaced hype and mispeaking are problematic (it certainly turned me off intially), but for long-term viewers it's grown charming, and it does create an engaging dynamic with Kix's "color commentary." Look at the comments of any archive where it isn't the two of them casting and you'll see some vile negativity. So this is some really unfortunate dirty laundry he's aired.

Although I empathize and can't say I completely didn't see it coming. You can see the water boiling on stream.
I use to like Kix then I saw that 45 minute or so podcast video he put up on the new Blood Orchid DLC and he came off as a condescending douche and used the word "gay" to describe something as "bad" which put me off him further.
On another note, to jump off that I have words to say about a toxicity I perceive about the PL behind the curtain. Many words. Like, I think Elevate's "kys" incident was just the tip of the iceberg.

To be more specific (but also jump in a bit of a different direction), does anyone else find the discussion of the Brazilian teams vaguely racist at times? Maybe I'm the terrible, projecting racist but when people, whether it be the PL casters themselves or some anons on Reddit discussing "the aggressive Brazilian style seen only from Brazil" I actually watch the games and I think something like... "No, these strats aren't actually new or more aggressive than what some of the European teams are doing." Sure, you have players like NESK chucking out wack cams and going for really ballsy peeks and there is probably some genuine Latin machismo showing its head in the gameplay but other times I sense the word "exotic" is on the tip of people's tongues.

Now, I've never really followed any other e-sport regularly so maybe (probably) the problem I'm describing (and ones I'm implying) is (are) known and widespread. In any case I'm sure everyone's very happy about me bringing up such a sensitive topic and I'm excited to read any responses! Especially the one that says I'm the racist!

TL;DR: There are lots of naughty, nasty boys who play video games. I know, because I am one of them.

While I feel Kix has generally better grasp of the game, I don't think Bloodbath is as wrong as often as Kix implies he is. Besides, a little debate is good for the commentary. Beyond that, Bloodbath's misplaced hype and mispeaking are problematic (it certainly turned me off intially), but for long-term viewers it's grown charming, and it does create an engaging dynamic with Kix's "color commentary." Look at the comments of any archive where it isn't the two of them casting and you'll see some vile negativity. So this is some really unfortunate dirty laundry he's aired.

Although I empathize and can't say I completely didn't see it coming. You can see the water boiling on stream.On another note, to jump off that I have words to say about a toxic culture I perceive about the PL behind the curtain. Many words. Like, I think Elevate's "kys" incident was just the tip of the iceberg.

To be more specific (but also jump in a bit of a different direction), does anyone else find the discussion of the Brazilian teams vaguely racist at times? Maybe I'm the terrible, projecting racist but when people, whether it be the PL casters themselves or some anons on Reddit discussing "the aggressive Brazilian style seen only from Brazil" I actually watch the games and I think something like... "No, these strats aren't actually new or more aggressive than what some of the European teams are doing." Sure, you have players like NESK chucking out wack cams and going for really ballsy peeks and there is probably some genuine Latin machismo showing its head in the gameplay but other times I sense the word "exotic" is on the tip of people's tongues.

Edit: That said, ESL do have a problem when it comes to player behaviour. The Elevate players. Laxing and Skys too I believe, both should have been completely disqualified for the bullshit they pulled.

Now, I've never really followed any other e-sport regularly so maybe (probably) the problem I'm describing (and ones I'm implying) is (are) known and widespread. In any case I'm sure everyone's very happy about me bringing up such a sensitive topic and I'm excited to read any responses! Especially the one that says I'm the racist!

The Brazil perceived racism thing is all on you, breh. Brazilian teams are known to be more aggressive because their meta developed into that before any other scene. When NA and EU teams were playing a strict 3 man hold and double roam on Oregon, Brazilian teams were playing it fast and loose with 4-5 man roams.
Just look at a team like Fontt (Formerly Santos Dex), they've been running Gohan and Astro on Ash and Twitch as entry fraggers since last year when most NA/EU teams only used one entry fragger (and many still do).

Then you have the star Brazilian players that perpetuate that further. Guy's like Nesk, who pretty much single handedly got his team to the finals in Y2S1 due to how aggressively he played and due to the teams they played against just not knowing how to handle/counter it.
Then of course, you have Noted. One look through his YouTube channel and you'll see the kinda gameplay that you just don't see from EU/NA players.

That's where the aggressive Brazil play style/meta came from and why the term is still being thrown around.

Disgraced

Right, there are those stars and those teams and there is something definitely to it and I do credit it partly to macho culture but still... I dunno. I think the terminology is being thrown too wide.

There are a lot of pro Brazillian players on the field. They're not all so aggressive. If you're playing support you literally can't always be so aggressive. You have guys playing Thatcher and Smoke passively as you play them everywhere and expectedly and people are like "Look at the aggression!"

I'm convinced that's because there's a lick of the good ole race kiss in the discussion there. Not a lot, but the dosage has never mattered.

Or maybe I really am just digging a hole of projection, in which case let's see how deep I can go. Never hurt to ask questions, right?

Right, there are those stars and those teams and there is something definitely to it and I do credit it partly to macho culture but still... I dunno. I think the terminology is being thrown too wide.

There are a lot of pro Brazillian players on the field. They're not all so aggressive. If you're playing support you literally can't always be so aggressive. You have guys playing Thatcher and Smoke passively as you play them everywhere and expectedly and people are like "Look at the aggression!"

I convinced that's because there's a lick of the good ole race kiss in the discussion there. Not a lot, but the dosage has never mattered.

No caster to my knowledge has ever called out a Brazilian Thatcher player for his AGGRESSIVE EMP tosses.
It's the meta as a whole, that Brazilian teams have developed themselves that has earned them their reputation.

The terminology has outstayed its welcome, sure. I can agree with that. Yet I don't see it to be any difference to how often "aggression" was used to describe plays made by cTm in Y1S1, despite them really not playing all that differently from when they played previously, apart from losing a lot more.

Although I empathize and can't say I completely didn't see it coming. You can see the water boiling on stream.On another note, to jump off that I have words to say about a toxicity I perceive about the PL behind the curtain. Many words. Like, I think Elevate's "kys" incident was just the tip of the iceberg.

TL;DR: There are lots of naughty, nasty boys who play video games. I know, because I am one of them.

It may also link up to Brazil's football (soccer) style on their national team. Famously creative and distinct from others. Also very offense-minded. I don't know if this style has changed but the rep is definitely there and well-known.

Played Bank ranked last night.

Some fucker did the bank ceiling glitch.

we won 5-4, felt so good.

But is there a reliable way of avoiding his fire?

I know about spawning alley then going through hatch in the lobby, but wondered if there was an alternative?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Finally got the game on pc a couple of days ago

Put about 24 hours in and I just can't defend to save my life

Swear one day I'll do fantastic, the next ill be hopeless.

Feel like I need a squad to play with. I've lit so many people, only for them to quickly turn and headshot.

Plus the grind for the year 1 operators is so long.

Loving it though all things considered, just wish casual wasn't filled with level 180 people.

andycapps

http://en.pro.eslgaming.com/r6/proleague/pc/news/r6pl-casting-crew-extends-prior-to-week-2/[/url]

Either way, looks like ESL have taken on Interro Bang. Just last week i was watching him cast some Go4's on his own and he was doing a great job of it.

So is Bloodbath gone or no? I saw one of the new guys on with Kix last night.

Feel like I need a squad to play with. I've lit so many people, only for them to quickly turn and headshot.

Loving it though all things considered, just wish casual wasn't filled with level 180 people.

Only 60 more hours before you feel semi-competent

Anyone hear about the glitch on ps4 bricking consoles with this game? Apparently it has something to do with opening the friends list or something. I want to play but don’t want my console bricked so I deleted the game until further notice.

Anyone hear about the glitch on ps4 bricking consoles with this game? Apparently it has something to do with opening the friends list or something. I want to play but don’t want my console bricked so I deleted the game until further notice.
I only play on PC, but as far as I'm aware that was fixed

andycapps

They hired two new casters. Bloodbath is casting with someone else now on a different day. I think Brazil proleague.

Lol okay so they just separated them. Haha

They said Sony did something on their end to resolve.

They hired two new casters. Bloodbath is casting with someone else now on a different day. I think Brazil proleague.

It's Kix and Interro again doing Brazil tonight. Bloodbath is still casting with ESL but I don't know how they're working it, alternating weeks with Kix/Interro and Mzo/BB is my guess.

Tbh, I never liked Bloodbaths casting. He reminds me of amateur League of Legends casters and the things I dislike in them.

You don't need to be occupying every single second of air time with talking. You just don't. Sometimes, less words can accentuate the action on screen better. And he also gave every single action this huge burst of energy. Which is great for the big shoot outs and epic moments, but diminishes overall casting quality and flow when you use it for big and small moments alike.

E.g. If someone sneaks up on a player and kills them but there's no other action, you don't need to rush and get that off your chest like you'll miss the moment if you don't.

Maybe you've already tried this, but just pick Rook until you know the maps and where the other team is probably going to come from. He makes the setup phase super easy, so you have more time to get your bearings and see what your teammates are doing. Also it's hard to mess up badly playing Rook, because even if you die you did something for the team. With a lot of the other defense operators it is possible to truly screw it up. You can pick a roamer like Caveira and not reinforce the hatches, or pick Castle and seal the wrong doors, or pick Bandit or Mute and forget to put the devices on the garage doors. With Rook you just have to drop the armor on the floor and seal 2 walls and you are good. Also Also the mp5 with an acog sight is solid.

taoofjord

I had some false starts with this game since it first came out. Finally picked it up for $15 on PC while looking for a new competitive fps and I'm having an awesome time! It really is a fantastic game.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

You definitely want to play with people you can communicate with - its a whole other game. You're welcome to join our Discord (mostly EU peeps)

fr0st

Banned
I had some false starts with this game since it first came out. Finally picked it up for $15 on PC while looking for a new competitive fps and I'm having an awesome time! It really is a fantastic game.
Please don't tell me you got the starter edition

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
You definitely want to play with people you can communicate with - its a whole other game. You're welcome to join our Discord (mostly EU peeps)

GAF discord ? What's the details ? When I have time at uni I'll hop on.

Put tons more hours in. Really learning where cameras are, best defends positions, and getting the recoil right.

Had a 9 kills 1 death and 8 kills 2 deaths earlier, felt great and winning a lot

-TK-

Finally got diamond rank in ranked mode. Feels so good! Me and my friends are getting pretty good at this game, heh.

Easily the best online multiplayer fps I've ever played. 500 hours in and just getting started!

So now that the new season has been out for awhile, what do you all think of the map reduction in ranked?

Personally, it gets rather old and predictable playing the same ten. I miss pretty much all of the removed maps, save for Bartlett, but hell at thist point, I'd take Bartlett back too.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
GAF discord ? What's the details ? When I have time at uni I'll hop on.

Put tons more hours in. Really learning where cameras are, best defends positions, and getting the recoil right.

Had a 9 kills 1 death and 8 kills 2 deaths earlier, felt great and winning a lot

sent you a PM!

So now that the new season has been out for awhile, what do you all think of the map reduction in ranked?

Personally, it gets rather old and predictable playing the same ten. I miss pretty much all of the removed maps, save for Bartlett, but hell at thist point, I'd take Bartlett back too.

I play a lot of bomb, so I'm a fan of it. Bomb on House, Flavela, Yatch, etc. was always a horrible experience. I do miss Hereford Base and Kanal though.

Disgraced

After a thousand hours or more or something embarassing, a lot of things less experienced players do irk me. It happens; I try to be helpful and informative when it does.

But the one thing that actually triggers me? People not understanding the importance of destroying barbed wire. Most players above the nooby threshold seem to understand how effective and necessary barbed wire can be. A lot less seem to understand how much you need to git rid of it when it's in your way.

[Me, as Montagne:] Hey Sledge, can you 'nade this barbed wire?

Hang on, lemme...
*chucks 'nade through window, is caught by ADS* Shit!

Sledge, we really need to move in and control this room. I can push him out, I just need to get in safely.

Just melee it.

...Dude, I just droned it; I know what's coming. There's a Doc sitting on sandwich. You fucking melee it.

Okay, hang on... Valk, in the room!
*chucks second 'nade, caught by ADS* Fuck!

Sledge! Sleeeeeeedge!!!!1!!!11!! You stupid fucker!

After a thousand hours or more or something embarassing, a lot of things less experienced players do irk me. It happens; I try to be helpful and informative when it does.

But the one thing that actually triggers me? People not understanding the importance of destroying barbed wire. Most players above the nooby threshold seem to understand how effective and necessary barbed wire can be. A lot less seem to understand how much you need to git rid of it when it's in your way.

[Me, as Montagne:] Hey Sledge, can you 'nade this barbed wire?

Hang on, lemme...
*chucks 'nade through window, is caught by ADS* Shit!

Sledge, we really need to move in and control this room. I can push him out, I just need to get in safely.

Just melee it.

...Dude, I just droned it; I know what's coming. There's a Doc sitting on sandwich. You fucking melee it.

Okay, hang on... Valk, in the room!
*chucks second 'nade, caught by ADS* Fuck!

Sledge! Sleeeeeeedge!!!!1!!!11!! You stupid fucker!

Next time try using your flashbangs/smoke to trigger the ads. Then your teammate's grenades can get through just fine

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
leak?

h15rrdgem8pz.png

id rather have breach charges than flash bangs for thatcher

and it looks like instead of having less traps they're just going to give thatcher another emp

if the leak is true, of course

edit: apparently it's fake

TheKeyPit

Banned
id rather have breach charges than flash bangs for thatcher

and it looks like instead of having less traps they're just going to give thatcher another emp

if the leak is true, of course

edit: apparently it's fake
Nah, it sounds legit. They'll definitely hold back an operator to not screw with the meta for ESL. They'll do anything for those guys.
/jk

I won't play any attacker that doesn't have a way to breach. I play solo queue with random players, so I can't rely on a teammate to breach even a door for me. I've been playing a lot of Thatcher since they added the new trap operators too.

Disgraced

Next time try using your flashbangs/smoke to trigger the ads. Then your teammate's grenades can get through just fine
Well of fucking course if I have stuns. If I'm Monty, chances are I'm packing smokes which are much more valuable than that, however. But that's besides the point, I'm talking about when ADSes are protecting the players in the back, not wire in the front door, and you have an uncooperative Sledge and Ash wasting or "saving" their utilty for nothing. And I main Ash, and if there aren't Castle barricades in clever positions chances are high I'm popping at least one of my charges in a den o' wire. Magpies unless very cleverly placed aren't going to catch explosives dropped a bit in front of wire piles like that.

When I'm not Ash I've played with too many who insist on "saving" their charges or firing them at the first god damn windows they see when they spawn. If you play Ash, don't do that. That is a waste. Rookie mistake.

Disgraced

ESL strikes again
Lol if that's true that's dumb. Releasing the second Polish op in the "mid-season reinforcements" would be a good way to compensate for the huge content drought we just had and earn some more good will back from the base fucking customers. We're still sore from the abject failure (on the players' end) that was Operation Eat Your Vegetables, Kids.

"But neoooo nwot mwy pwro meda! I jwust wanna pway on Kafeeeee!" Fuck off with that. If they can handle total operator overhauls like Glaz's, Doc's, IQ's, the shields' etc. they can handle a new fuckin' op. Because that's basically what reworks of that level are.

Lol if that's true that's dumb. Releasing the second Polish op in the "mid-season reinforcements" would be a good way to compensate for the huge content drought we just had and earn some more good will back from the base fucking customers. We're still sore from the abject failure (on the players' end) that was Operation Eat Your Vegetables, Kids.

"But neoooo nwot mwy pwro meda! I jwust wanna pway on Kafeeeee!" Fuck off with that. If they can handle total operator overhauls like Glaz's, Doc's, IQ's, the shields' etc. they can handle a new fuckin' op. Because that's basically what reworks of that level are.

Ubi said it was a fake leak.

Disgraced

Yeah, they say a lot of things and I don't believe any of it until they come to be or not. They're full of extraordinary bullshitters. The best part of the Siege team has clearly been the PR for a while.

I say they're some of the best in the industry.

Auctopus

Jumped back in tonight in the hopes this game might've improved since the end of Op Health.

How long has this Montaigne glitch been a thing and how have they not removed him from Ranked until they can fix it? If it's not one thing, it's the other with this game.

Keihart

I think you are over analzying the impact of predictable recoil vs. strategy way, way too much.

I have no idea how this is going to reduce strategy, in any noticeable way, at higher ranks and pro play. If Siege was a high TTK game, maybe strategy would be impacted. But as it stands, given the sheer speed at which you can die, I really do fail to see how and what tactics will be pushed down in favor of simply outgunning the opponent.

Maybe tactics will shift, given the larger consistency in recoil, but I don't see how they would get reduced in favor of outgunning the opponent. Peeks might change, the way attackers approach a building or objective might change but that seems completely fine to me.

Like, an alternative way to put it is basically: for top fraggers, before, sometimes they'd get a kill with a strategy and sometimes they wouldn't due to the recoil. Now, given the more consistent pattern, they are more than likely to get a kill using that strategy.

The strategy hasn't changed. And maybe this will force, for example, the defender to play differently rather than leaving his fate up to that RNG.

Let's not pretend like killing anybody in this game is up to RNG if you aim right, first bullet on sights negates that. Predictable recoil will only make full auto auto more powerful and rate of fire more important than already is. Getting lucky kills due to RNG or a predictable recoil is the same at the end, so that won't go away.
It won't become CS where recoil patterns are the core of gunplay because even that has bullet deviation and no ads. If anything, predictable paterns make guns easier to control and thus, running and gunning becomes less of a gamble. They can still use some RNG on the new system, the old system wasn't full RNG either, as i understand it was procedural so there are patterns to learn, it just that when you go full auto things become more of a gamble , as it should to make burst firing the preferable method and the first bullet the most important one.

There were a lot of design choices in this game that were inconveniences, like outside lighting, procedural firing patterns, sound propagation and even how smokes looked (not position), but they all balance the game in a nuanced way i think.

Almost every good game has some chance to it, dealing and predicting things when there is chance to consider makes games even more exciting when watching pros, they might learn how to shoot almost perfectly but the risk of execution becomes a real factor when you can't predict everything, makes reacting and adapting more important.

Luck is important even in competitive games

Let's not pretend like killing anybody in this game is up to RNG if you aim right, first bullet on sights negates that. Predictable recoil will only make full auto auto more powerful and rate of fire more important than already is. Getting lucky kills due to RNG or a predictable recoil is the same at the end, so that won't go away.
It won't become CS where recoil patterns are the core of gunplay because even that has bullet deviation and no ads. If anything, predictable paterns make guns easier to control and thus, running and gunning becomes less of a gamble. They can still use some RNG on the new system, the old system wasn't full RNG either, as i understand it was procedural so there are patterns to learn, it just that when you go full auto things become more of a gamble , as it should to make burst firing the preferable method and the first bullet the most important one.

There were a lot of design choices in this game that were inconveniences, like outside lighting, procedural firing patterns, sound propagation and even how smokes looked (not position), but they all balance the game in a nuanced way i think.

Almost every good game has some chance to it, dealing and predicting things when there is chance to consider makes games even more exciting when watching pros, they might learn how to shoot almost perfectly but the risk of execution becomes a real factor when you can't predict everything, makes reacting and adapting more important.

Luck is important even in competitive games

Yes, luck is an important factor in competitive games. Huge esports like DotA 2 benefit from the luck factor that is built in to certain heroes or skills. But it's always a very concious design choice that often gets tweaked, and quite a bit (Dota for example has lessened the reliance on RNG in several areas).

However, that by itself isn't a convincing argument for random spread. Or more importantly in this case, what I was arguing against. Which was that switching to a more predictable spread will not make much difference for general play and will not impact smart strategy, if at all.

Top Bottom