• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I just got AFK kicked while camping...

Like, you just sat there for a few minutes and didn't move or check cams?

Also, has anyone encountered a glitch where when people rappel, they glitch threw a window and magically appear in the room? Had this happen a few times during a match and recorded it. I'll have to post the clip.

and fuck the rubber banding in this game. Never really had a serious issue with it until the new season.

Disgraced

and fuck the rubber banding in this game. Never really had a serious issue with it until the new season.
Seems like a more frequently occuring issue this season, dud'nt it? It's been happening too often to me and I've seen and heard more complaints about it. I haven't really experienced any rubber banding issues when vaulting lately, however. This new variation of it is kind of more random. I'm just runnin' and then zippity zap I'm back!

If I were to characterize it at all, I think it's always happened to me more in the first half of rounds. (But shit, maybe that's because I'm always dead in the latter half, ha-hey! Self-burned!)

Disgraced

What's the consensus on the best new character to unlock if you've got 25Gs?
There is no consensus.

I would consider Valkyrie, Hibana, and Mira the three most valuable DLC characters currently, but the rest are all decent to great choices. I would say the least valuable three are Frost, Capitão, and Caveira, and they can still be put to good use and are fun to play.

What's your playstyle? And what's worth more to you: viability or fun factor?

i haven't played in almost a year (when the japan operators arrived) but i jumped in for a few rounds last night. did they do something with the lag compensation/hitboxes? i had some very suss deaths.

also sad at how impotent frost is these days, she was incredible back when she had nitro cells.

i haven't played in almost a year (when the japan operators arrived) but i jumped in for a few rounds last night. did they do something with the lag compensation/hitboxes? i had some very suss deaths.

also sad at how impotent frost is these days, she was incredible back when she had nitro cells.

hitboxes are smaller and based more around the real skeleton than the visible clothing

Disgraced

Just unlocked him and he's a really versatile defender. He can both anchor and roam effectively and his leggos alert locations and deal damage to weaken down people. Lots of fun.
Lesion's fun. Frost's fun.

Mira and Echo are arguably the two best anchors in the game after Smoke.

Ela is probably the most lethal roamer beside Jäger and Pulse. Caveria is a fine and fun roamer too with the right player.

Valk, Bana, and Buck's straightforward utlitities are highly applicable and nearly always useful.

Blackbeard is legend. Capitäo and Jackal kick ass in certain situations... and Ying... Ying is fine.

There's no real wrong answer unless you particularly stink ass at something like dedicated anchoring or roaming or roamer-hunting... and even then, practice, practice, practice... And even then, you can play these characters how you want. For instance, Mira and Echo by no means have to be anchors. In fact, there are great ways to play them off-site...

Disgraced

Is there a GAF group or something for this one could join?
Yeah, we have players here on every platform; what's yours?

*Side note re: Lesion - I think it's clear at this point he's fairly enough balanced. But what's like to see changed with him is the removal animation synced with the prompt better. It's really stupid and visually jarring when you see the needle removed from your leg but the circular meter for doing so isn't full. Too many times in the heat of the moment I've let go of the interact button because I was thrown off by the visual contradiction and the necessary "throwing away" animation. If I let go of the button a hair early, apparently my character sticks the needle back in their leg? That's stupid!

Honestly I'm a tiny bit (only a tiny bit) surprised that made it in as such and I'm a lot more surprised I haven't seen more complaints about it.

They should remove the discarding of the needle or at least the requirement of it by allowing you to walk out of it / cancel it with no penalty and extend the animation of the actual removal to match the current amount of time it takes remove the Gu. It's not really a nerf that way. The instant it's out of my leg the issue should be over.

Disgraced

I am on PS4, I have not been playing long though, I have a headset also, and am in the UK so UK timezone.
Ah, I play Siege on Xbox and PC. We always have new players and old on PS4 popping in here though. Those players, hit up this one up. If there's no dice, in my experience /r/R6STeams is a decent resource if you use it with specificity.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
It's really stupid and visually jarring when you see the needle removed from your leg but the circular meter for doing so isn't full. Too many times in the heat of the moment I've let go of the interact button because I was thrown off by the visual contradiction and the necessary "throwing away" animation. If I let go of the button a hair early, apparently my character sticks the needle back in their leg? That's stupid!

I have a very similar issue in PUBG - it happens a lot while reloading guns, your character will pop the shotgun open, load the shells and cock the gun, and if you do something that interrupts the sequence, like opening a door, the gun will unload even after visually seeing your character put in the shells. It's really jarring and needs to be addressed, but I'm not sure how to solve it from an animators perspective.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
w6j3pht38rqz.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/757gn0/leak_the_unreleased_headgears_for_hibanapulse_and/

ChrisD84

Hi everyone

I bought siege on ps4 a few weeks ago after reading a bit about it in this thread and have been really enjoying it so far!

Mostly I just stay back and guard the objective when on defence with mixed results, sometimes I will do OK and others I'll make silly mistakes and die a lot :)

I still need to learn the maps a lot more I think in order to be more consistent.

Now I just had one of those moments where you really want to tell someone about it but nobody else you know plays the game so wouldn't care anyway, so I thought I would post it here :-D

I just played two ranked games ( copper 4 :'() and thought I would make my first attempt at roaming on defence. In one game I somehow killed all 5 of the other team in one round and in the next game I finished 11-0 which is incredible for me!

I don't think I've got more than 6 kills in a match before tonight and usually a similar number of deaths.

All in all I am loving this game more the longer I play it ^_^

What operators are good for beginners?

Right now I'm mainly using Sledge/Ash and Rook/Mute.

Pretty much anyone apart from Castle, Mira, Thermite and to a lesser extent Thatcher.

Rook, Doc, Jager, Bandit, etc. are all great for beginners. Ash, Sledge, Fuze, Twitch for attackers. Good guns, easy/fun to use gafget. Lower dependency on team play.

Hi everyone

I bought siege on ps4 a few weeks ago after reading a bit about it in this thread and have been really enjoying it so far!

Mostly I just stay back and guard the objective when on defence with mixed results, sometimes I will do OK and others I'll make silly mistakes and die a lot :)

I still need to learn the maps a lot more I think in order to be more consistent.

Now I just had one of those moments where you really want to tell someone about it but nobody else you know plays the game so wouldn't care anyway, so I thought I would post it here :-D

I just played two ranked games ( copper 4 :'() and thought I would make my first attempt at roaming on defence. In one game I somehow killed all 5 of the other team in one round and in the next game I finished 11-0 which is incredible for me!

I don't think I've got more than 6 kills in a match before tonight and usually a similar number of deaths.

All in all I am loving this game more the longer I play it ^_^

Wow, that's an incredible result for having just got the game! Keep up the good work!

Fuse is another good starting attack operator, same with Glaz.

Kapan is a good starting defense operator also.

Pretty much anyone apart from Castle, Mira, Thermite and to a lesser extent Thatcher.

Rook, Doc, Jager, Bandit, etc. are all great for beginners. Ash, Sledge, Fuze, Twitch for attackers. Good guns, easy/fun to use gafget. Lower dependency on team play.

Thanks, had quite a bit of renown saved up.

So a pro league team (beGenius) had a cheater in their roster, played Penta (winners of season 1 and 2) and still lost against them. If that shit isn't impressive for Penta, I don't know what is.

Ardenyal

So a pro league team (beGenius) had a cheater in their roster, played Penta (winners of season 1 and 2) and still lost against them. If that shit isn't impressive for Penta, I don't know what is.

Not the first time a cheater has been in pro league, probably not the last time either.

OG Kush

How was this confirmed? Not that I doubt what you're saying, just wondering how they realised he was cheating, and also what sorts of cheats he was using.

Cronnie

How was this confirmed? Not that I doubt what you're saying, just wondering how they realised he was cheating, and also what sorts of cheats he was using.

Pro league players have an additional piece of anti-cheat software installed called MOSS which takes screenshots at random intervals and also records inputs such as keypresses and also verifies the key game files. The players have to upload the file created by the software after their matches.

This guy was caught using a macro when the keyboard inputs were analysed, specifically:

Our anticheat software MOSS found evidence that across the match duration (over 2 hours), the player pressed the sequence '4 4 4' 47 times, and '4 4 4 4 4' 24 times, with around 120 milliseconds delay between each time the key '4' was pressed down. The deviation from these 120 ms was 4 to 8 ms.

By itself, pressing a key at this speed is not inhuman, however pressing a key sequence this many times with such small deviations is impossible.

OG Kush

Pro league players have an additional piece of anti-cheat software installed called MOSS which takes screenshots at random intervals and also records inputs such as keypresses and also verifies the key game files. The players have to upload the file created by the software after their matches.

This guy was caught using a macro when the keyboard inputs were analysed, specifically:

Ah ok. I wonder what use the macro would be for the a fast '4' press?

Cronnie

Ah ok. I wonder what use the macro would be for the a fast '4' press?

Best guess would be an alternative for firing the gun, so basically he's using the 4 key repeatedly to fire short bursts with much less recoil compared to regular use of the right mouse button.

Guys, I picked up the starter edition on Steam and I am starting to get into the game so I wanna upgrade.

So here is my question, I can pick up the full game from gamersgate which is a Uplay key and my starter edition is the Steam version (which still uses Uplay) will the full game just upgrade my starter version? Even if I bought the starter version on Steam and the full version is just Uplay?

I have earned a bunch of renown I would rather not lose.

Pastry

Banned
Is the version hat is currently on sale for PS4 the appropriate one to buy? I remember reading something about that starter not being worth it. How is the community on PS4?

Is the version hat is currently on sale for PS4 the appropriate one to buy? I remember reading something about that starter not being worth it. How is the community on PS4?

There is no starter edition for PS4, so the sale one is good too buy. Community is healthy as well.

Jacqli

It's the same with most popular games. I couldn't tell you how bad it is though. I play Siege on PC and PS4 with text and voice muted.

It's great.
i also have it that way but still you can tell how toxic the game is with friendly fire and so on. I also think the matchmaking is flawed and encourages this behaviour (not trying to defend it though), I just barely started and get paired up with +100 level players, while I am 9 I believe. I know casual does not take level into account, but it should not be this way. When I started in OW, I played against people of my same level (odd the occasion that I had to face high level players), but this is not the case here many times and it kills my enjoyment a bit to be honest.

Not sure if I would recommend it unless you have friends to play the game with. Gameplay-wise though, I like it a lot. But really, one of the worst communities around here and I play Dead By Daylight.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Played the game after a few weeks last night.

Got 8 kills in the first match, pulling off some clutch shots as the last survivor... Still lost the match.

Got 1 kill in the second match, getting outplayed and out positioned everytime... Still won the match.

I think the lesson is clear, dont contribute too much!

It's the same with most popular games. I couldn't tell you how bad it is though. I play Siege on PC and PS4 with text and voice muted.

It's great.

There are bad eggs for sure, but playing siege with a headset and mic is a totally different experience. Mute the bad eggs but let them prove themselves to be rotten first.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I picked up the starter edition on Steam and I am starting to get into the game so I wanna upgrade.

So here is my question, I can pick up the full game from gamersgate which is a Uplay key and my starter edition is the Steam version (which still uses Uplay) will the full game just upgrade my starter version? Even if I bought the starter version on Steam and the full version is just Uplay?

I have earned a bunch of renown I would rather not lose.

There's no way to upgrade your Starter into a Standard edition - which is why we warn everyone to steer clear of it.

If you buy the full verison, you'll have to create a seperate account on uplay - which means all your progress is lost. On the other hand, standard operators are much much cheaper. None of this 12,000 reknown bullshit.

It's great.

I play with PC text chat muted (you can do this from the UI) but I leave the mics open. If someone is being rude, I can selectively mute them from there too. Most of the toxicity I encounter is in text chat.

Managed a 1v4 clutch yesterday with all 4 being alive as they planted the bomb. Ela's magazine size is godly, I would've probably died if I had to reload since I killed all 4 of them in like matter of seconds as they rushed towards me.

As it is, probably my favourite defender and will keep maining her.

As for attackers, Glaz and Hibana are my mains, but unfortunately Glaz is mostly situational or whenever I play casual.

Renkax

Just unlocked Frost . Been maining valk for months . But something about frost is so good. I need ideas on how to plant welcome mats without them being scene. But I also don’t wanna use both of my barb wires to disguise one mat out of three. ;/

Top Bottom