• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Just unlocked Frost . Been maining valk for months . But something about frost is so good. I need ideas on how to plant welcome mats without them being scene. But I also don't wanna use both of my barb wires to disguise one mat out of three. ;/

There's a couple schools of thought on Frost mats I feel.

1. Place them tightly underneath windows, and to a lesser extent doors. Less exposure, but easy to destroy while vaulting inside.
  2. Place in and around objective area, hoping that attacker's final push will result in clumsy miss-steps.
  3. Or my favorite: Place completely randomly around the map. This isn't calculated, but it really takes attackers off-guard!
See which works best for you :p You can probably tell which would work best depending on your opponent's playstyles.

latest

Just unlocked Frost . Been maining valk for months . But something about frost is so good. I need ideas on how to plant welcome mats without them being scene. But I also don’t wanna use both of my barb wires to disguise one mat out of three. ;/

Think outside the box a bit. Covering with barb wire can work, but it can also draw attention to the trap.

I like to put them in seemingly random places and hard 90 degree angles on doorways so that when is ADSing and attempting to peek around a corner, they get caught in it.
If a team like to rush, I'll take Frost and put the traps down on the usual entrances people rush in from.

Also, take advantage of the lighting when possible and put traps in darkly lit spots.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There's a new glitch with castle that makes the game drop in fps making it unplayable and an easy round win for defenders. lol

ChrisD84

Wow, that's an incredible result for having just got the game! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! 😊

I was amazed myself, it was only in copper 4 rank though 😉 Unsurprisingly I haven't done anything close to as good as that since 😁

I am having a great time doing solo queue so far, most matches are generally pretty close in ranked so I would say to anyone looking to get into siege to play solo then it's still very enjoyable.

P.S Does anyone else on ps4 sometimes hear other players and then sometimes not? I hear some people occasionally in game but I regularly see the icon for some people speaking but can't hear them.

Sometimes I can hear certain people between rounds but not during play even though I can see their icon to say that they are talking, I'm not sure what the issue could be?

I just got my group into this game. We're taking a break on PUBG until launch.

Are there any good options and avenues for purchasing cosmetic stuff etc at a discount?

I just got my group into this game. We're taking a break on PUBG until launch.

Are there any good options and avenues for purchasing cosmetic stuff etc at a discount?

Apart from buying boosters to shorten the grind for renown, and Alpha Packs, the only other real option is waiting for a sale on the 'Digital Content'.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

I was just about to post this -

However, unlike the common perception, peeker’s advantage depends only on the speed of the victim’s connection, not the peeker’s.

The maximum time, once the peeker becomes visible, that the victim has in order to shoot and come out on top is what we define as the window of opportunity. Peeker’s advantage is caused by the fact that this window of opportunity is always shorter than the reaction time of the peeker

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ugh. People leaving when I'm about to interrogate as Caveira, canceling my interrogation and call out are the fucking worst.

So what are the odds they roll back the Ranked map changes in the future? I don't check the reddit often because it's awful but at a quick glance I don't see any discussion on the subject.

At least in my group of friends that play this game we all absolutely hate the change.

So what are the odds they roll back the Ranked map changes in the future? I don't check the reddit often because it's awful but at a quick glance I don't see any discussion on the subject.

At least in my group of friends that play this game we all absolutely hate the change.

I'd say it's probably unlikely, but the ranked play list will change as the pro league map pool changes.

Personally, I really like the change tho. I fucking hated playing House, Flavela and Yacht. I hated those maps with an absolute burning passion.

As the ranked pool changes... right. And that's something that hasn't happened in what. 6 months? I like maps that play differently. The map pool is so samey right now. Chalet and Oregon are really the only change of pace from big boring boxes.

Did they take Plane out of rotation? I haven’t seen it in a while.

Frost tips: place them in spots where the floor is dark or has a shadow cast on it. Works a lot for me.

I'm of the mind there's one big boring box in the ranked pool and it's called Kafe Dostoyevsky. I'm bored of playing it, I'm bored of watching it.

It desperately needs another truly viable bomb site.
Preach.

Kafe really is terrible and stale. It always plays out the same, the angles are always the same, and on the occasion that you play it on ranked and are forced to play Kitchen/Bakery, you may as well give up since it's a free win for any attacker that's played the game for more than 20 minutes.

It kind of makes sense for the ops to ship OP. I mean better OP than UP right? Nobody wants their Season Pass or 25k renown to go to a useless operator.

BioHazard

Alright after getting back into this game after a few months hiatus I'm really getting into ranked, but my GOD I cannot play with randoms. I went 0-6 today while being at the top of the scoreboard on almost all the games and my rank has plummeted. I need to get with some people who actually know how to play this game, I'm SO tired of losing lol

I'm BioHazard118 on PS4

nOoblet16

Guys you all need to get into the Siege discord server, if you can PM me then perhaps I can alert the person who manages the server. Our community is tiny as it is.

Edit: Ya'll need to PM me so that I get a notification. I'm not really browsing GAF anymore. Just coming back to check PMs

Haven' t played this since i bought an Xbox One and fell in love with it (It works so quiet compared to my older PS4). Thinking about getting a PS4 slim because i heard that it is also very quiet but still might want to get this for Xbone. How is the performance on Xbone compared to PS4?

The Discord is just a generic PC discord server with a semi-focus on Siege, and now Destiny 2.

If you still want an invite, PM me, this will probably be one of my last times ever checking GAF, outside of the next day or so to check PMs.

this change to kapkan is horrible, another invisible trap, come on ubisoft, nobody wanted this shit, kapkan was fine except maybe his speed, this is going to get annoying really really fast

this change to kapkan is horrible, another invisible trap, come on ubisoft, nobody wanted this shit, kapkan was fine except maybe his speed, this is going to get annoying really really fast

The whole trap meta is getting tiring already, honestly. Not sure why they needed to give him even more. I think a buff to his speed and maybe making the laser just a lliiitttllle bit harder to see would have done the trick.

Top Bottom