• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

d0ep0uyefy121.jpg

ha!

ubisoft tm

memories

maybe

wkj75ep2qv121.jpg

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-341218-16/new-operator-esports-evaluation-period

dorkimoe

This was one of my favorite PC games this year, but I had to quit because I cant stay connected to the servers. It constantly kicks me out after a few rounds. They keep blaming my ISP, which is ridiculous because at one point I had 2 different ISPS and both didnt work :(.

6 months is a lot. What happened?
Many friends I played with moved on. The community sucks. Having to play with non friends is a bad experience. Lot of yelling and screaming from those dumb fuckers who die early think they know how you should be playing. Constantly having to mute players mid match is tiresome. They make it not fun.

I don't like the direction they started to go. Constantly having to look for defensive gadgets as offensive players. More and more and more.

And I could only advance so far, usually Gold 2 is where you start to see heavy usage of M&KB

If I could find 4 other Gaffers, I'd play some more possibly

Mista

Banned
Many friends I played with moved on. The community sucks. Having to play with non friends is a bad experience. Lot of yelling and screaming from those dumb fuckers who die early think they know how you should be playing. Constantly having to mute players mid match is tiresome. They make it not fun.

I don't like the direction they started to go. Constantly having to look for defensive gadgets as offensive players. More and more and more.

And I could only advance so far, usually Gold 2 is where you start to see heavy usage of M&KB

If I could find 4 other Gaffers, I'd play some more possibly
I am on Xbox but I have it on PS4 too. Also if you wanna play alone you can always create a party and sit there alone without hearing the toxic garbage

I am on Xbox but I have it on PS4 too. Also if you wanna play alone you can always create a party and sit there alone without hearing the toxic garbage
Yeah but going from callouts from 4 other people to silence is a step back.

Lets party up over the weekend with it? You USA?

Last edited:
Anybody else feel like they are running out of idea for operators? I have not liked the new ones since Maestro and Alibi

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Rainbow Six Siege is due for another big balance update soon.

In the latest episode of Ubisoft’s Designer’s Notes, the developer outlined some of the bigger changes coming to Rainbow Six Siege with patch Y4S1.3. Mid-season patches like that typically focus almost entirely on balance changes.

Lion

The long awaited Lion rework is around the corner, and he’s certainly been nerfed. Ubisoft wants players to use his ability tactically without scarifying its great utility to gather intel. To do this, the developer is reducing the time enemies will be highlighted, and the duration of the scan.

Further, enemies will now appear as red pings (similar to Alibi’s ability) rather than what was essentially a wallhack. To compensate, Lion will now have three charges instead of two, with cooldown for each reduced to 15 from 27 seconds.

• Replaced the scan outline by a red ping debuff.
  • Reduced the ability warning from three to one-and-a-half seconds.
  • Reduced the scanning from four to two seconds.
  • Reduced the ability cool-down from 27 to 15 seconds.
  • Increased the number of charges from two to three.

Capitao

Capitao’s asphyxiating bolts are getting a damage reduction, but an increase to the size of their area of effect. Ubisoft wants to shift Capitao to his intended role of area denial now that improvements have been made to the propagation system to prevent it from going through objects.

• Reducing damage per tick from 19 to 12.
  • Size of the area of effect increased.
  • The area takes two seconds to reach its maximum size.
  • The arrows follow a straight trajectory until 10 meters. After that, they will start to fall due to gravity.

Nomad

Nomad is perhaps the patch’s biggest surprise nerf. Her Airjabs will now produce an idle sound to warn players, and her claymore is being replaced with stun grenades to lessen her effect as a roamer/flanker counter.

• Added an idle sound cue to activated Airjabs.
  • Stun grenades replace her Claymore.

Ying

Ying’s Candelas will now function similarly to grenades; the longer they’re cooked, the sooner they’ll explode. This was done to reduce spam, and to make using them more intuitive.

• In order to make Ying’s Candelas more intuitive and simple, we have inverted the cooking mechanic.

Kaid

Kaid now carries less shotgun ammo, but his AUG-A3 got a damage buff.

• We have reduced the TCSG12 total ammunition to 51 (from 61).
  • The AUG-A3 damage is increased to 33 (from 27).

Maestro

Maestro is the recipient of another surprise nerf. His Evil Eye cameras will now drop the bulletproof window when hit by EMPs and shock drones, making it possible to destroy them without having to wait for Maestro to start firing.

• To reduce the effectiveness of his Evil eyes, its bulletproof windows will now be half-way opened when affected EMPs or Shock Drones.

Blitz

• To reduce the frustration generated by this operator, the ballistic shield flash cool-down has been increased (from two to seven seconds.)

Echo

IQ’s gadget now also detects Echo when he’s on his PDA, for consistency.

• IQ can now detect Echo when he is using his PDA.

Good changes

Mista

Banned
The Danish operators leak got me hyped. Haven’t been interested in new operators since Alibi and Maestro until Mozzie came

Mista

Banned
Bring Hibana back. Removing her claymore + increasing her guns recoil aren’t doing her any good. Now I have to use her guns while bursting.

Mista

Banned
There’s this new exploit they have been doing in ranked-hostage. Lesion downs the hostage and when he does, the attackers can’t revive before he’ll die before anyone can revive him. Those losers are doing it to reach high rank this season

Mista

Banned
I figured out that I play better when I’m pissed. 1v3..don’t want it to go overtime..legendary flicks..won the game

Top Bottom