• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

After playing Season 16 of Overwatch, I realized how far behind and outdated R6S is in terms of QoL features. It's embarrassing to see it not even have an encouragement system for positive reinforcement. I guess the average R6S player is toxic to say the least.

Anywho, how's the game's state at the moment? Been thinking of coming back to it this week unless the DDOS issue is still there.

Mista

Banned
After playing Season 16 of Overwatch, I realized how far behind and outdated R6S is in terms of QoL features. It's embarrassing to see it not even have an encouragement system for positive reinforcement. I guess the average R6S player is toxic to say the least.

Anywho, how's the game's state at the moment? Been thinking of coming back to it this week unless the DDOS issue is still there.
There’s a difference between Blizzard and Ubisoft. Siege came a very long way to just dismiss everything it did from the beginning till today

Game state got a bit better. IQ is back and I haven’t encountered any DDOS in the past 3 days

There’s a difference between Blizzard and Ubisoft. Siege came a very long way to just dismiss everything it did from the beginning till today

Game state got a bit better. IQ is back and I haven’t encountered any DDOS in the past 3 days
that's true......I should look at it that way. They did say they will add a positive reinforcement system similar to OW this year. I hope they do because it's completely demoralizing to clutch a 1v5 and no one giving you props for it. The OW encouragement system is fantastic and should be a norm for almost all multiplayer shooters.

Glad to hear the game is in a better state! Thanks for letting me know :)

It seems that DDOS issues are still persisting in Consoles, so I'll delay my first ever ranked match until next season.

I'll continue to learn to play better with my 6 operators and going to be adding two more this season: Castle and Sledge :messenger_fire: :messenger_ok:

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

srmlrxd2ms731.jpg

ipfpyvvlfw731.png

Last edited:

GenericUser

I'm about 40h in and I woundn't even dare to touch the ranked mode yet. I'm at level 49 and just moved out of the newcomer playlist. This game is rough for new players, the core game is brilliant though. I wish the devs would further address these hurdles, that keep player from sticking around.

So far, this is my multiplayer goty, I think modern warfare will have a hard time beating this game. The game is soul crushing when you get stomped by obviously superior players, but it is playable cocain when you manage to outsmart your enemies. I think this is what I like the most, it's not pure reflex based combat. It's a lot about positioning, reading the situation and using the gadgets and surroundings to your advantage. Even after 40h, it feels as if I only BARELY scratched the surface of what is possible in this game. The destructible environments add a level of depth to this game, that other shooters simply cannot compete with. I think players who are into shooter games, especially tactical, slower paced shooters, should give this game a try. It's addicting and imo has some of the best gunplay in the industry.

I really hope they will support this game for many years, maybe port it to the PS5.

I'm about 40h in and I woundn't even dare to touch the ranked mode yet. I'm at level 49 and just moved out of the newcomer playlist. This game is rough for new players, the core game is brilliant though. I wish the devs would further address these hurdles, that keep player from sticking around.

So far, this is my multiplayer goty, I think modern warfare will have a hard time beating this game. The game is soul crushing when you get stomped by obviously superior players, but it is playable cocain when you manage to outsmart your enemies. I think this is what I like the most, it's not pure reflex based combat. It's a lot about positioning, reading the situation and using the gadgets and surroundings to your advantage. Even after 40h, it feels as if I only BARELY scratched the surface of what is possible in this game. The destructible environments add a level of depth to this game, that other shooters simply cannot compete with. I think players who are into shooter games, especially tactical, slower paced shooters, should give this game a try. It's addicting and imo has some of the best gunplay in the industry.

I really hope they will support this game for many years, maybe port it to the PS5.
Glad you are liking it my dude! I have the exact same opinion as you. Siege has REAL depth in gameplay, thats what keeps people coming back imo.

Helios

Clash is finally back in Rainbow Six Siege, but players have already found another shield glitch for the operator. This one’s not quite as game-breaking as the last, but it does provide Clash players a reproducible way of gaining a strong advantage against the opposition, and it’s an issue that Ubisoft is already looking to fix.

Players who’ve activated the glitch – either intentionally or accidentally – will appear to be holding barbed wire, even while their shield is out. They cannot shoot through the shield in this state, but they can still make use of the taser – and it appears that Clash isn’t vulnerable to the typical stun from meleeing her shield in this state, either.

So you can get players to waste their shots against your invisible shield, then sprint up to them and hit the taser while they’ve got no chance to respond. In the meantime, the shield will still appear to be on Clash’s back, discouraging opponents from taking the shot from behind. Hopefully we won’t see Clash disabled again, but at this point who knows

I wish newcomer would continue to higher levels and start introducing new maps. Coming from newcomer to casual the biggest hurdle is the amount of maps the game just throws at you. In a game where map knowledge is more important than reflexes, this is awful. Or at least let me disable certain maps so I can do it myself.

GenericUser

I wish newcomer would continue to higher levels and start introducing new maps. Coming from newcomer to casual the biggest hurdle is the amount of maps the game just throws at you. In a game where map knowledge is more important than reflexes, this is awful. Or at least let me disable certain maps so I can do it myself.

Exactly. It's really hardcore to go from 3 maps that you just "kinda know" to 20 maps in which you have no clue what is going on. I was searching for some youtube videos that explain the maps to me, but all that I found was not of much use for me. I guess I need to start a private game and just wander around the maps and learn the geometry. Maps like favela are a nightmare for beginners like me.

I couldn't have said it better. Truly a one of a kind multiplayer game. I can see myself playing this game for the next 5 years easily.

Exactly. It's really hardcore to go from 3 maps that you just "kinda know" to 20 maps in which you have no clue what is going on. I was searching for some youtube videos that explain the maps to me, but all that I found was not of much use for me. I guess I need to start a private game and just wander around the maps and learn the geometry. Maps like favela are a nightmare for beginners like me.
Pro tip lean where the stairs are first. If you know how to travel from one staircase to the other it will make rotating around the map easier

Mista

Banned

Not again ffs! Btw bruv, you can disable maps if you want. Any time

GenericUser

Favela is one of the most confusing maps for newcomers I believe. So what I did was, I started a local custom game, set the round timer to 10 minutes and just explored the map. Even without enemies and whatnot, it took me almost 30 minutes to understand the map layout. Once I knew what the devs wanted to do in this map, it all made sense though. The complexity is a curse and a gift at the same time. For newcomers, this game can seem almost impenetratable. Almost like dark souls. But I guess that's what I'm looking for right now, a game that really is "gamey" and forces you to learn, adept and overcome. Games like this are refreshing in that sea of shallow "press x to awesome" games that we are swimming in.

Last edited:
Favela is one of the most confusing maps for newcomers I believe. So what I did was, I started a local custom game, set the round timer to 10 minutes and just explored the map. Even without enemies and whatnot, it took me almost 30 minutes to understand the map layout. Once I knew what the devs wanted to do in this map, it all made sense though. The complexity is a curse and a gift at the same time. For newcomers, this game can seem almost impenetratable. Almost like dark souls. But I guess that's what I'm looking for right now, a game that really is "gamey" and forces you to learn, adept and overcome. Games like this are refreshing in that sea of shallow "press x to awesome" games that we are swimming in.
I think Favela is one of the worst maps in the game. It is a nightmare for defense and a couple of sites are hopeless against a decent team

Mista

Banned
You don’t have to worry about this map as it’ll never come back to ranked. The biggest mistake ever! Favela you can’t reinforce it or even have a good defensive round in that map. They can explode everything from every floor and just rush you.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

Helios

y4s1_matrix_attackers_352499.png

y4s1_matrix_defenders_352500.png

Poor Glaz :messenger_tears_of_joy:

CURRENT STATUS
TWITCH
With Phantom Sight release, we have increased the recoil of the F2 assault rifle. Therefore, her pick rate has reached a more acceptable level: from 60% to 43% presence per round. However, she continues to boast a high Kill / Death ratio from 1.25 to 1.17 and is still a very lethal attacker.

FROST
Along with Twitch’s F2 recoil adjustment, we reduced Frost Mats health points, this lead to Frost Mats to be destroyed more often as they are now destroyed 75% of the time instead of 68% before Phantom sight release.

KAID
To increase Kaid’s versatility we added the Nitro Cell to his loadout. This option has become more popular with 65% of people using it against 51% using barbed wires during Wind Bastion.

UPCOMING CHANGES
GLAZ
  • Glaz’s focus gauge will now be depleted in 6 secs (from 2.5secs).
  • Glaz’s focus will start depleting after a 120° rotation (from 90°).
Following Glaz’s rework during update Y4S2 and according to the statistics we gathered, Glaz’s rework appeared too drastic and is currently under picked and underpowered.

We are planning on tweaking the penalization while moving and to allow him to hold several angles simultaneously, it is now possible to rotate your camera up to 120° without any penalty.

JACKAL
  • Lowered the number of pings from Jackal’s ability to four (five previously).
Jackal found himself in a situation comparable to Lion. Many comments and feedback from the player base deemed his ability slightly unbalanced.

We are aware that he has been identified as one the most frustrating attackers to play against; we are starting to explore how we can address the situation without making him irrelevant.

This change should give more leeway for tracked opponents to survive and lessen the negativity generated by his ability.

ECHO
  • Reduced the duration of Echo’s Sonic Burst to 7 secs (10 secs previously).
Echo appears to be one of the most reliable and efficient anchors in the game now thanks to his intel gathering and plant denial abilities. We aim at reducing the effect of his Sonic Burst and are also looking at other options for the future.

We also hope that Echo will be less targeted by Operator bans, as he is quite powerful and at the source of frustration in his current form.

SHIELDS
  • Increased the hip fire spread when using a ballistic shield.
  • Using melee successfully with a ballistic shield will now put the enemy in a DBNO state.
Ballistic Shields have been an important source of frustration for players and lead to certain behaviour that were not initially intended. By reducing the hip fire accuracy, we want to reduce chances of shielded operators to score headshots too easily without exposing themselves.

The decision to change the shield melee attack, from lethal to non-lethal was decided to avoid players rushing towards an Operator hoping for a trade. We want to reinforce team play and synergy when using these Operators.

MAVERICK
  • Changed Maverick’s blowtorch sound to a louder one.

Since Maverick has been released, the sound generated by his gadget was often said to be too silent.

We have decided to tweak the sound of his blowtorch and recorded and new sample that should be heard more easily by defenders. Let us know what you think!

NØKK
  • Increased the duration of the HEL device to 12 secs (from 10 secs).
We would like to increase Nøkk’s performance and to make her slightly more efficient.

We have decided to increase the duration of her ability to allow players to use her full potential.

Top Bottom